[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As long as wel beat Olympiacos 2-0 then we finish second. We've now played our hardest two games. Of course this is all concerning but it's far from over.
I disagree entirely. The toughest match will be at home against Atletico when we need a win to progress. The same day Olympiacos has Malmo at home. So no, it's not as easy as beating Olympiacos at home. And with this crappy team even that will be a challenge.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I disagree entirely. The toughest match will be at home against Atletico when we need a win to progress. The same day Olympiacos has Malmo at home. So no, it's not as easy as beating Olympiacos at home. And with this crappy team even that will be a challenge.
we dont have to beat Atletico at home. 6 points from the next 3 games (if we beat olympiacos on head to head) is enough.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
As long as wel beat Olympiacos 2-0 then we finish second. We've now played our hardest two games. Of course this is all concerning but it's far from over.
They're only hard because we make them hard.

We'll draw/lose the remaining games, our performances in general do not allow for much hope.

Mar 10, 2009
They're only hard because we make them hard.

We'll draw/lose the remaining games, our performances in general do not allow for much hope.
Didn't they beat A.Madrid as well? Just saying.

It all depends on the next game, if we don't when the next game, then it's panic time.

Realistically I don't expect Juve to win the CL, but in recent times it's been the manor of which we've been getting knocked out which has bothered me.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
3 5 2 works in Italy because of the slower tempo we play at. We just can't do that in Europe.
I still remember Conte's first season where he was trying different formations and tactics.

One thing that stuck out generally though was how quick and dangerous our passing was. Slowed down the season after and is completely dead now.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Didn't they beat A.Madrid as well? Just saying.

It all depends on the next game, if we don't when the next game, then it's panic time.

Realistically I don't expect Juve to win the CL, but in recent times it's been the manor of which we've been getting knocked out which has bothered me.
It's not about the result as much as it is about the performance.

Toothless, static, indifferent and cowardly.

Mar 10, 2009
It's not about the result as much as it is about the performance.

Toothless, static, indifferent and cowardly.
Yea that I agree with mate, as I said what is upsetting is somewhat the manner of which. Hopefully we can learn from this, let's see how the next match pans out

he_is_legend

Jun 4, 2012
Bielsa :heart:

Vidal would definitely stay then
Right now he is doing some magnificent work with Marsella and i remember that he did great with Athletic, at least for one year.

I don't think he is available till after the euros.

Please, dear lord. Let Dortmund sack Klopp and let us grab him so fast our fingers burn from the friction.

Klopp at Juventus. Oh my...
:xfinger:

As if we'll hire a foreigner :lol:

Brace yourselves for Mancini/Spalletti.
Sadly this is more likely to happen, God those names :inter:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
We still have to go away to Malmo. There's nothing there that suggests we will win.
That game is nailed on to be a draw. An away game in Scandinavia. We'll play like fucking rubbish, concede in the first half, and chase the game and score an equaliser towards the end. Same old story.

- - - Updated - - -

They only had 2 greek players? Are the greek version of inter?
I said this earlier in the thread, they barely have any Greek players in their starting 11. A lot of South Americans, Spanish players and Africans. And they play well too. Very tough team at their home ground. They approach the game we should. No fear, high pressing, and with speed.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I said this earlier in the thread, they barely have any Greek players in their starting 11. A lot of South Americans, Spanish players and Africans. And they play well too. Very tough team at their home ground. They approach the game we should. No fear, high pressing, and with speed.
Yeah, that basically shot a theory down I had. I was going to say how we can't compete against a team primarily Greek form a shitty league while we have WC players in many areas but yeah, never mind.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
3 5 2 works in Italy because of the slower tempo we play at. We just can't do that in Europe.
Not really. 3-5-2 was enough to handle Roma and Napoli many times both of which play higher tempos. Roma plays a high tempo 4-3-3.
Its more about the details and we always get them wrong. Allegri needs to sort pirlo and vidal out quickly otherwise we are in big trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone have a video of the match's extended highlights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)