[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (50 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think we were fortunate tonight. First of all, fortunate to have Buffon save probably 2 goals. To keep us in the match when already down a goal.

I think Max went there for a draw and got 3 points. I don't think we played great as a team. We were saved by individual performances instead. But that's football for you. And when you have as much heart as our players have then sometimes you get more than you deserve. I think it was a decent tactic from Max. Certainly defensive.

He should have made subs earlier. I don't know what Mandzukic's injury is like but I don't think he was leaving the field tonight unless he got hurt. I don't know about starting Evra instead of Sandro. And Hernanes at regista was risky. He actually showed more willingness to challenge then I ever remember him having.

We desperately needed this win though.
Not too lucky though. Everyone admitted that ManCity goal clearly should have been disallowed. The English commentators, Pellegrini, everyone. Clear foul. So I'd say we were unlucky. We know Buffon is a great keeper who will make a couple of those saves when called upon. That's why we have him in our net... so is that really luck?

Cuadrado was a monster, our defence was fantastic, our goalkeeper was brilliant (which is to be expected), and our forwards worked hard and were clinical when the chances came. The only place on the field we were thoroughly outplayed was the midfield, but that should change once Marchisio returns, and our new players settle in. Sturaro had an awful first half, but a very good second half defensively. I would have been interested to see Lemina, and Pereyra for that matter. Pereyra really could have helped link our midfield to attack.

Regardless, I think we outplayed ManCity quite badly in the second half. We were poor in the first half, just defending for the most part. But the second half we were in total control.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Allegri deserves a lot of credit for the tactical set up. 4-1-4-1 without the ball and trusted Morata and Cuadrado on the flanks to not only get forward in support but to provide cover to the full backs.
Euromax.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Great result, great tactical setup by Allegri and the players did what was asked perfectly.

Add to that two strikers who only need 1 chance to score, a GK that at his 37th, still is among the best in the world, and this is what you get.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Formation was 4-3-3 when attacking, 4-4-2 when defending.
No it was the opposite. Morata defended from the left wing. When we had possession he then moved central to form the front two with Mandzukic with Pogba often drifting towards the left.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #833
    That feeling the next morning after a sweet victory
    @Bianconero_Aus

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Hernanes made 11 successful interceptions. That's something.
    i noticed it, but i don't know where this stat came from.
    - according to whoscored, he made 1 tackle and no interceptions.
    - according to squawka, he made 3 tackles and no interceptions.
    - according to fourfourtwo stats zone, he made 1 tackle and no interceptions.

sturaro with 6 tackles, though :tuttosport: considering only this stat, that's vidal level.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    I was thinking what our best lineup would be if we had everyone fit.

Buffon

Lich Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro

Khedira Marchisio Pogba

Cuadrado Dybala

Morata/Mandzukic

That's pretty sexy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)