[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (7 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

euromax

Sep 16, 2015
Get in what a win last night that was, amazing win against the so called all conquering Man City and Juventus are a so called average side these days. Juve shut up the English media and all the critics that were surrounding the club, Forza Euromax, EuroMorata and EuroMandzukic. The fans should not forget that Juventus have two strikers that have both scored in a champions league final in recent times, both scoring yesterday and a manager who for me is the best Italian manager in Europe along with Ancelotti in modern day football. Juventus are primed and ready to challenge for the trophy again and everyone would want the Champions League rather than another league title win.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I don't know about anyone else but I fucking love wakening up the morning after a great result.

Especially against EPL sides, fucking glorious.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Big victory in every sense. This will help morale, and I'm sure if we beat Genoa, thoroughly, with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation, we will get back in to routine.
It will be a tough game but it is a MUST win. Obviously, with last night performance in mind, we'll go into the game really fired up

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Clinical Performance. Buffon was huge for us, and the defence held up well. Sturaro was awful in the 1st half, but improved as the game progressed. I still don't rate him, but he did what needed to be done. Mandzukic profited from that peach of a pass from Pogba, but his killer instinct as a poacher/striker helped him reach that pass and put us on level terms. Before that, he was pretty much anonymous, but he is someone who operates inside the penalty area, not beyond it. Morata was also having a rather quiet night up until that fantastic/fabulous strike. This kid has the potential to be one of the best in a year or two. Cuadrado was really active and really helped out on defense. I am starting to think this should be Licht's final season as a starter. A very clinical performance, and a well deserved 3 points.

euromax

Sep 16, 2015
Can I also say how bitter Pellegrini is whenever his team loses he don't give the opposition enough credit, he always says that his team was better and they were unlucky to lose and all that rubbish. Man deal with it you got outfought tactically so man up and accept the defeat because that is what happened last night, Juve's game management was better than City's and deserved the win.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Has any team found as many ways to fail in Europe as Manchester City? On Tuesday night, not even a massive dollop of good fortune to give them the lead against Juventus could get their campaign off to a positive start.

Having got the break, City then contrived a way to let it slip through their hands, a horrid, ineffectual defensive display across the last 20 minutes that leaked two goals and asked questions of coach Manuel Pellegrini. Namely: why did he remove his captain, Vincent Kompany after the first went in? The official explanation was a calf injury, but he didn’t seem in great pain, didn’t go down the tunnel for treatment, didn’t sit on the bench with a large, visible ice-pack on a sore limb.

His replacement, Nicolas Otamendi, then got rolled by Alvaro Morata for the winner. So it’s the hard way again. Borussia Monchengladbach up next, then a double header with Sevilla. City can’t keep blaming the draw though. Not when the three substitutes they introduced came in at a ballpark £120m. Sergio Aguero, Kevin De Bruyne and Otamendi. And still they lost to what is basically a very upmarket selling club.
DailyFail :sergio: :sergio:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
All we needed was a bit more luck from our attackers. As stated before a few times, we are creating plenty of chances, however, unlucky in front of goal killed more than the result. It's apparent when we can't finish off a game we start showing cracks. Bagging the goals earlier in the league matches would have easily secured at least 6 points.

We did well yesterday to come back. It took an invalid goal for us to conceded against City at their home. We went from averaging 19 shots per game to having only 10 shots and bagging 2 goals to seal the 3 important points and most importantly a win to get us back on track (hopefully) mentally.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
First and foremost, the new facilities and stadium expansion including the work completed on the surrounding areas is fantastic, very pleasurable walk to the stadium yesterday. Should be proud of being able to attend a complex like that week in week. Secondly sitting in the second tier of the south stand last night, really enjoyed the mature and general conversation with the surrounding City fans, I didn't celebrate when we scored, I kept it muted as a sign of respect to my surroundings but I made it clear before the game to people who asked I was a Juventus fan and everyone treated me excellently. Not being from Italy, it was impossible for me to get tickets in the away end so I assume that was the same for the rest of the ones scattered around the stadium. Alas I still don't agree with celebrating in home ends, you're asking for trouble.

Onto the game itself, I'd say overall it was an even game, a draw would've been more than fair, both teams in the first half seemed very content with the way the game was going and nobody really took any risks, barring individual errors, most notably from Sturaro in the first five minutes and Lichtsteiner, City failed to carve any notable chance, nor did Juve, outside of the offside goal and Hernanes hitting the post. Both teams took pot shots, Cuadrado and Morata and Fernandinho and Kolarov but none were really troubling either keeper. Thought we did very well to funnel alot of your attacks inside and preventing Sterling isolating any player one and one, Silva also got marked very well by Hernanes, I also believe Pogba got the better of Toure for the most part.

Second half was completely different, first 10 minutes we stepped up a gear and started playing with alot more fluidity creating space between the lines and looking more confident, however City then scored with a goal that should've never stood, then really should've had a second minutes later, from there it seem to give us a second lease of life, we dominated in midfield, looked dangerous on the break and between Cuadrado and Morata's movement, I feel City were unable to deal with the spaces that were opening up, a wonder ball and finish by Mandzukic put us level then the only team who looked like scoring again was us, this was also replicated by numerous City fans sitting around me, we went on top and City were unable to muster any notable chance, De Bruyne got penned back the minute he came on and Silva became anonymous. The second goal the way it fell to Morata was fortunate but from there it was a sensational finish after that the game was secured and I thought it was useless to bring Aguero on when Bony was starved of service most of the game.

I don't think City have faced a well drilled team like this for along time, it was the same scenario in last seasons CL term mistake it for putting ten men behind the ball, like was so apparent for Chelsea, but Juventus actually played an attacking 4-3-3 last night and most of the time played two attacking players against every team last year, so I don't feel that's parking the bus.

Alot of posters underestimated Juventus, because we've lost so many star names, but once the younger players bed in and the team becomes settled, we have as much chance as City to win the CL.

On a final note, I read alot of the transfer forum over the summer, Tolmie is fantastic and a real reliable poster, but Pogba was never close to a move to City, any bid was rejected and Pogba I'm certain has been promised to Barca next summer unfortunately.

Posted the above on Bluemoon, let's see what they come back with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)