[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (61 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
People bitching about Sturaro and forgeting his key save against Real and cross for goal in Supercoppa. Those were important matches you know. :lol:
That's true. I had great trust in him up until his first game of the home and away season. For mine, he's been our worst player since then.

- - - Updated - - -

And a majority pick Lemina to start. My hope is that we can hold a 0-0 till the end, bring on Morata and Cuadrado and snatch a goal on the counter. So unlikely though.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I've got a much more positive view (or less hysterical as I'd put it :p) of the 3-5-2 than most people here, but I don't think that it's the formation to start with today. City got strong wings, and while a 3-5-2 can counter very effectively with the right set of players, I don't think that it would work as well as with a 4-3-1-2.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
A 3 5 2 needs cuadrado at least instead of Licht or Sandro instead of Evra.
Nah, Cuadrado would kill us on the defensive end against City.

Sandro, I agree. Dybala-Morata would be better as well, though Mandzukic has a case due to Morata's awful form.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Sandro, I agree. Dybala-Morata would be better as well, though Mandzukic has a case due to Morata's awful form.
I'd play a 3 5 2 with Caceres Cuadrado and Sandro. It would allow us to attack as a 4 3 3 and defend as a 3 5 2. If that makes sense.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
A positive game, a game played as we should play it is crucial. Whatever the result is, we just need to play a good game for our confidence.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA JUVENTUS,

it is good to start with the hardest game right away. it is not the end of the world of we lose this one.
BMG should be atleast 4 points and at home a win vs city and Sevilla and we will continue to next round.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I've got a much more positive view (or less hysterical as I'd put it :p) of the 3-5-2 than most people here, but I don't think that it's the formation to start with today. City got strong wings, and while a 3-5-2 can counter very effectively with the right set of players, I don't think that it would work as well as with a 4-3-1-2.
agreed.

i only hope that allegri saw the celtic-juve match when we switched to 4-4-2 without possession, and celtic couldn't use their wings. city's wingers are a level above celtic's players in every respect, though.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Lemina and Hernanes both making their CL debuts tonight.

We have game changers on the bench, hopefully Allegri remembers to use substitutes before the 80th minute.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

agreed on this one, too. i'd still start with morata, though. he was awful against chievo, but this time he could use his natural talent and counter the hell out of city's central defenders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)