[CL] Maccabi Haifa 0-1 Juventus, Nov 3rd, 2009 (64 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Lets not get carried away with Caceres just yet. The guy has been poor in the recent past for both Juve and in his internationals, so I'd suspect him to step it up against a weak opponent. The problem is he could have an absolute disaster against a team like Bordeaux, so lets be slow with him.

Zebina is still the man for the spot, IMO.

The contrarian view. It seems like now 99% of the world are long Bordeaux, so now it's time to add on the shorts.
the trend is your friend, but to make the real bucks you gots to swim upstream every now and then :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I prefer Zebina out of the three available. And do not agree at all that Grygera is physically stronger. On all counts, the frenchman is my first choice, but his complete inability to maintain fitness all but counts him out of the reckoning...What has happened to Sali???? If we truly have just Goblin and Caceres, clearly goblin is the more secure, but if we run into some decent form, then caceres should play against the weaker opponents and also come on as much as possible as sub for goblin. I would like to see him given a chance. Clearly, he is very raw, but to see how much potential he truly has, he needs games...

Rafinha in january??? Zuniga???? Clerc????? are ALL of those thre already accomplished, high quality right backs who would fit our system???

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Many thanks to the user (virtual?) who supplied us with a link to that stream this morning. It was picture perfect, and didnt have many issues with it (buffering etc) at all.

Top stuff.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Not the best of games we have played but I liked it because we controlled the game and rarely were under real threat. We will need less of those miracle saves from Gigi once we get it right. Important win nonetheless especially with the result from Munich.

Just a few points

- We saw the deficiency in the system today imo. Amauri almost didn't touch the ball for 45 mins then rarely did in the 2nd. If we want to play this system both wingers and Diego need to be on form because the forward won't get much and will be isolated.

- Good game from Diego was great seeing him stamp his authority on the game, one of the few games I saw him do that.

- Caceras and Poulsen also played well. Caceras was very good in covering and supporting camo with a few decent exchanges. I agree he is still not the best choice for every game but he should certainly be considered for the ones that do not pose much danger against us.

- Melo was better than he was against Napoli but still he could improve. Once teams pick ( if they didn't already) that he is way too slow in possession we will get slaughtered in midfield. He needs to be more aware and pass the ball faster while not taking unnecessary risks like running through the middle.

Lets keep the spirits up and go and do well against Atalanta then sustain it until the game in France where if we got our big players back, i think we can get away with a win.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
it should really be a no-brainer, we have the better players, and should easily win this game 3-0.....but this is the new Juve, where we are tortured by mediocrity, and will probably only be able to scrape another 1-0 victory, in a very physical game
I never claimed to be a fortune teller, but this post pretty much sums up our performance today

I felt as if I was being tortured while watching this match....and after watching Manure, Chelsea and the Milan-Real match, I've come to the conclusion that we are the SLOWEST team with the least amount of technical skills of any other CL team

Again, we let a group of small-time, no name players from a league that smaller than the league I play in here in Buffalo completely dominate us in the second half, and stuff pretty much everything we tried in the first half.

Camo's goal was pure luck, Caceres blindly cleared the ball to the top of the box from damn near the end line, and Camo one-timed it in...it was a nice shot, but one that wouldnt go in if he tried it again

Which leads me to the whole business of the one-striker system. IT DOESNT WORK FOR US !!! :( How much longer are we going to keep this going ??

With our performance today, I dont see us beating any Serie A teams, and dont be too surprised if Bayern pip us to the second CL spot in our group. Our team is slow, and have a hard time putting anything together...it fucking frustrating !!!

Ferrara has to go....we need a coach in here with some real experience, who is going to help this team improve. We havent improved one bit with Ciro on the bench, and its not going to get any better. The man has no gameplan, and doesnt make the proper adjustments during the game

We also have to get rid of the head frog in charge, who wouldnt know a football from my ball-sack......inexperienced coach + no experience frog in charge = DISASTER !!!

Buffon- saved our asses...AGAIN !!!

Caceres- was adequate, but will get burned by better players

Legro- no glaring mistakes

Chellini- solid, as always

Grosso- gets worse every time I watch him play...cant cover for shit

Camo- sweet goal...was pretty lucky with the shot. Tried to make things happen out there, but needs to link up with Diego more

Melo- lots of hustle, but needs to improve his passing...and temper

Poulsen- I will give him credit for his constant hustle, but when your giving hospital balls to a teammate thats only 4 feet away, then thats unacceptable

Tiago- completely WORTHLESS out there today. Lets pay a team to take him off our hands

Diego- was involved with all of our advances, but was alone most of the time with no one to pass to. He cant do it all himself, he needs other teammates to open up for him

Amauri- is NOT benefitting from the one striker system. Pretty anonymous this afternoon

DeCeglie- adds nothing to an already mediocre team

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ferrara has to go....we need a coach in here with some real experience, who is going to help this team improve. We havent improved one bit with Ciro on the bench, and its not going to get any better. The man has no gameplan, and doesnt make the proper adjustments during the game
Ranieri had experience. Look where that got us. Sounds like a broken record.

Who are we honestly going to get NOW, right now, that has experience and is a good manager? Please don't say SPAZletti.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
this game shows you how imprtant giovinco is for us, we would have seen so much more service for amauri if gio was there.

him and diego together are sweet.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Ranieri had experience. Look where that got us. Sounds like a broken record.

Who are we honestly going to get NOW, right now, that has experience and is a good manager? Please don't say SPAZletti.
we all knew RUINeri was a loser, and should have never coached our team

now we have a guy with no experience head coaching....just as bad , IMO

Spaletti would be a better choice, Ramos is available, Mancini, Riijkard, etc....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
we all knew RUINeri was a loser, and should have never coached our team

now we have a guy with no experience head coaching....just as bad , IMO

Spaletti would be a better choice, Ramos is available, Mancini, Riijkard, etc....
SPAZletti is just another loser like RUINeri, Ramos would be a gamble, Mancini is the best out of those you named but an asshole, and Rijkaard is questionable as well.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah that's true, I think if Giovinco was playing we would have been much more threatening in the final third. Last time he played against them he terrorised them all night, would have been good to see him, Diego and Camo reeking havoc again.

That was our main deficiency today, a lack of real clear cut chances. Other then that, our midfielders and defenders were quite solid. I feel this team has got way more to offer when we get some important players back.

And PS, I think Rijkaard is coaching at Fenerbahce?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Which leads me to the whole business of the one-striker system. IT DOESNT WORK FOR US !!! :( How much longer are we going to keep this going ??
It worked against Sampdoria and everyone was like WOOOOW we must play with this system for the rest of the season.

With our performance today, I dont see us beating any Serie A teams, and dont be too surprised if Bayern pip us to the second CL spot in our group. Our team is slow, and have a hard time putting anything together...it fucking frustrating !!!
Have you seen Bayern playing recently? Yes, without Ribery but we're without our captain, sissoko, marchisio, IQ and Giovinco.

:sergio:

Amauri- is NOT benefitting from the one striker system. Pretty anonymous this afternoon
The only game Amauri played really well this season was against sampdoria playing with this system. He was unstoppable. Was he? or was it all about Gio and Diego?

Tiago- completely WORTHLESS out there today. Lets pay a team to take him off our hands

DeCeglie- adds nothing to an already mediocre team
AGREEMENT :agree:

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
No one here can seriously want that useless tosser Mancini as our coach? I think we'll end up with Lippi after the WC, thatd be good and id like perhaps Hiddink.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
LOL at wanting to sack Ciro now. :sergio:

People on these forums are fucking ridiculous sometimes. If he manages to win something this season, I can just imagine the cock sucking that will ensue.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
LOL at wanting to sack Ciro now. :sergio:

People on these forums are fucking ridiculous sometimes. If he manages to win something this season, I can just imagine the cock sucking that will ensue.
True that, opinions are swayed after every game its just ridiculous. Whatever happened to patience

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am with giving Ferrara a chance, simply because I have no expectations and predict that we will end the season empty handed, so no harm in giving him a full season to experiment and arrive at the right formation/tactics.

We are currently 4 points clear of Bayern, after 4 extremely poor and unconvincing performances in the CL, where Buffon had to bail us out at least once per match played.

We may make it to the QF's of this competition (if we get an easy draw in the round of 16), but that has to be the limit of our ambitions seeing as how we are playing now. Perhaps by February we will be playing more entertaining and effective football. Let's just hope that when Feb comes around, we are still in this competition (losing 6 points to Bordeaux and Bayern is a distinct possibility, given the way we are currently playing) :scared:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Why was Tiago out there last night? Was Ferrara rewarding him with a starting shirt after he gifted Napoli the 3 points? I do realize Gio was injured, but in that case DC should've been given the nod, if only for Tiago's calamitous performance against Napoli a few days ago.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
De Ceglie didnt really make that much of an impact when he came on anyway. Our bench was pretty weak last night, so I guess he went for Tiago's experience.

Hopefully a few more of our players have recovered by the time we play Bordeaux in 3 weeks.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lets end the season first and then decide on Ferrara`s future
Right now our team is not playing as it should but there is still time for that to change.
If at the end of the season things dont change then I heard Hiddink is free after the World Cup...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)