[CL] Lyon 1-0 JUVENTUS [February 26th, 2020] (4 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 17, 2013
@Raphaël You impressed by Quimares thus far? You've won both games with him without conceding goals. Or is the recent formation change a bigger factor in your opinion?
I stopped watching this team in Ligue 1, against Juve it was the first time that I saw him. It's been 2 weeks since he arrived at the club , and for his 1st European match it's a really good surprise. Aouar was nominated man of the match, personally I would have voted for Guimares.

Unlike this thiago mendes crap, it's day and night: finally a player who runs, he's aggressive (4 interceptions, 2nd best lyon player), good technique (96.4% of successful passes in the opposing half - match record 68 balls touched), solid physically (most duels won -7) allows Aouar to be lucid in the last third of the field focusing on offensive tasks. The only negative point is the fault on dybala which should have resulted a penalty.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I was almost sure someone would question me on that last part. :lol: fair enough. :tup:

I’m mostly thinking about CR7’s ability to turn nothing into something and perhaps for ex also Dybala’s ability to win us a penalty or create danger that comes to mind first? But honestly now, it’s just Lyon being aswell impressively poor lately that gives me some sort of certainty going into this second leg.
CR7 has to score at least three goals because this team is going to concede in the return match.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I stopped watching this team in Ligue 1, against Juve it was the first time that I saw him. It's been 2 weeks since he arrived at the club , and for his 1st European match it's a really good surprise. Aouar was nominated man of the match, personally I would have voted for Guimares.

Unlike this thiago mendes crap, it's day and night: finally a player who runs, he's aggressive (4 interceptions, 2nd best lyon player), good technique (96.4% of successful passes in the opposing half - match record 68 balls touched), solid physically (most duels won -7) allows Aouar to be lucid in the last third of the field focusing on offensive tasks. The only negative point is the fault on dybala which should have resulted a penalty.

yeah, that was some quality scouting work from the club. he looks like a true bargain. i saw him twice (vs metz too), looks like he fit right in.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He is not only a loser unfortunately but also a guy who made a career on the back of a replicated wannabe version of Guardiola/Sacchi’s philosophies.

You really shouldn’t be offended man, it’s all on him.
I was being sarcastic. U really think id be sad for calling a loser someone who earns over 5m a year. Ive been disappointed from Juve in CHL since 1997, so i decided to not to take Juve games too seriously especially in CHL. If we ever win CHL i will be happy, otherwise i have lose hope.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I was being sarcastic. U really think id be sad for calling a loser someone who earns over 5m a year. Ive been disappointed from Juve in CHL since 1997, so i decided to not to take Juve games too seriously especially in CHL. If we ever win CHL i will be happy, otherwise i have lose hope.
Sorry but since 96, we've won a dozen scudetti and reached 5 finals.
Sarri looks incapable of even reaching the quarter finals or winning the Supercoppa.
Don't you dare equate Juve's lack of CL trophies with Sarri's lack of success in general.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
4-1 loss to real was very hard to get over. Maybe you enjoyed it.
Im not saying i prefer to lose on RO16.
Yeah. A terrible half of football completely invalidates the joy and pleasure of watching us smash through the CL knockouts that year. So much cringe. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

4-1 loss to real was very hard to get over. Maybe you enjoyed it.
Im not saying i prefer to lose on RO16.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri sucks, you were right. Management was stupid to fire Allegri and hire Sarri.
So close, but so far.

Management was right to part ways with Max, but wrong to replace him with a classless 60 year old bum with zero history of success to manage a team of stars who have won countless titles.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Its more difficult to turn a 2-0 loss against Atletico Madrid who has one of the best defence in the world than a 1-0 loss against Lyon. Problem is when we concede 1 goal we need to score 3.
That game was one of the greatest tactical masterpieces I've seen in football (and Emre Can, surprisingly, was one of the most important parts of it). Everyone, from Atletico players to Juventus fans, was thinking "what the fuck is going on" during that game. It was absolutely bewildering and caught everyone by surprise.

Unfortunately, Sarri doesn't seem to be capable of thinking of something other than more quick passing.

Nov 3, 2019
Yeah. A terrible half of football completely invalidates the joy and pleasure of watching us smash through the CL knockouts that year. So much cringe. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

So close, but so far.

Management was right to part ways with Max, but wrong to replace him with a classless 60 year old bum with zero history of success to manage a team of stars who have won countless titles.
There werent any good coaches on the market. Who should it been instead of Sarri ? Mou ? He lost his magic few years ago. Wenger ? Too old. The only two coaches who would make us strong again are Pep and Klopp - both werent/arent avaible. I have to say i would have taken Conte over Sarri.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
There werent any good coaches on the market. Who should it been instead of Sarri ? Mou ? He lost his magic few years ago. Wenger ? Too old. The only two coaches who would make us strong again are Pep and Klopp - both werent/arent avaible. I have to say i would have taken Conte over Sarri.
As I have said before, if we are going for a relatively unproven (at the top level) coach, I’d rather not be going for a 60+ year old who has been coaching for 30 years. If we can’t get a proven elite coach on the level of a Klopp, Zidane, Guardiola, Allegri, Conte, Simeone, etc I’d rather we go for a younger, up and coming coach like we did with Conte and then Max. Inzaghi, Pochettino (even if he had a terrible start to this season), Ten Hag come to mind, and I’m sure there are others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)