[CL] Liverpool - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++
Before this gets even more off topic..

Propaganda across the world? Funny Ive been in many countries and Ive only found America to be EPL 'possessed' and that was hardly possession considering its supported by such a minority. Your making this into something it isnt.

Experienced nothing of what you've seen? Please dont be silly. I live in England, I can guarantee to you now that the amount of English that claim the EPL to the be the greatest thing in the world will double what you know ten fold. If I was to let that get to me the way you do I wouldnt be able to support it anymore.

So what have you seen? Do you know what its like in Italy? Well its exactly the same. You'll find everyone in Rome talking about it like its godly. Does that mean if you go to Italy you will start hating the 'overrated' Italian league? Or is it ok because you like it? Didnt you even consider this at any point?

Thats just how it is Andy, your lucky that you dont get that I guess. But think about it, that as a reason for hating a league really is silly.

Many reasons to bash the EPL, how well its rated in America is hardly one of them on an international forum. But do it if you want, I was just trying to figure it out. :)

Hopefully you get my point if I even have one. I guess if you visit Italy or England one day you'll see what I mean.
Well lucky you my friend, I live in America and have been through this discussion several hundred times now. I don't think you understand where I'm coming from and frankly it does not matter much. The amount of publicity the EPL gets compared to the Serie A here is ridiculous and frustrating. I spend my time trying to convince other American soccer fans that the EPL is not the only great league in the world and they have to open their eyes to others. It's hard to do that when 70% of the soccer in the US has to do with the "English game." It's frustrating to only be stuck with English matches while other, better matches are on at the same time. You catch my drift mate? If you don't, I don't care.

And why do you keep saying I hate the EPL? I don't hate it because if I did I wouldn't watch it. When an EPL match is on tv and there isn't any better match at the time I will certainly watch it. It's not about hate or anything like that because if it was I would boycott it. Not the case.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I also believe the English clubs and NT are very ocerrated,
just think of the overrated english players price
and then think what contribution this player could have to a non-english team.
As for liverpool, they outplayed us?
This is just a joke, they just outrunned us for 25 minutes and take advantage of our greater weakness, the air game.
Ask a neutral fun to tell u who thinks is the better team.
Think of the publicity some overrated clubs like Man Un have with such an overrated players(becham).
What the english clubs would be if they werent in England and the tickets and stuff werent that expensive
and the financial sistem was like the French league?
english clubs have so much money and what are they doing?
They waste them buying overrated english players.
Think of what the English NT would be if they had Brazil's financial status as a country;)
What liverpool or any other English FC can offer more than run like dogs, make a cross and jump for it?

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

No, Zambrotta on the right, Nedved on the left.
Have not we get enough of playing Neddy on the left??? I would play even Pessotto ahead on Neddy on the left, if Capello gonna play Neddy he should give him the free role....

++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Perhaps. Things can always go both ways, and afterwards, after taking such a decision you're either a genious or an idiot, only time can tell. But you have to have faith in yourself and your players, and take a risk once in a while.
There is a tiny line between being risky and being stupid...

Dec 26, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

In Appiah we have a player who has struggled all season in his favoured role, how do you think he'll do at a foreign position such as left centre back? He may be quicker than Montero, Thuram, Ferrara, Birindelli and Pessotto but he's error prone and tends to cough up possession quite easily.

Obviously this formation is designed for us to attack but why you would take such risks in a game of this magnitude is incomprehendable to me. I might consider playing a team like that if we needed to win by three goals but a 1-0 win would be sufficient. Your formation is an open invitation for Liverpool to score an away goal and we don't need that. I'm confident that a 4-3-1-2 with Nedved in the hole behind the strikers or a 4-3-3 could get us the necessary result. Playing a 3-4-1-2 with Appiah in defence, Olivera in central midfield and Nedved in a role where he has a fair amount of defending to do is risky in your opinion, as far as I'm concerned it's folly.
Agree with ya Stu...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
DEnco, I think what u wrote was pretty stupid:

1. Liverpool didn't outclass US they were merely had better match fitness(mentaly and physically) coz we didn't play in two weeks, which actually is BAD not GOOD.
Again, Thuram losing out in th early minutes n all that, is DUE to the fact we had to much rest.

2. Working on finishing is not as EASY as it seems, if you play football a lot ull know that it's not a matter of Technique, but more Mental composure, and it can't be easily taught, Zlatan will just have to learn to do it with time.

3. Capello is a great coach, his reaction tactifcs at half time was right on. He dominated 60 minutes of that game, liverpool the first 30 minutes. I think Juve just didn't seem like a draw was needed and seeing how we played, we are more than capable of a 1-0 win.

4. EPL? It is good entertainment but it is overrated because commentators like from ESPN continually run out of Superlatives for the teams and league, they praise it like there's no better league, and I think EPL is not close to being the toughest league in the world. And If you think Chelsea represents EPL's performanceand class, then may be you think the Bundesliga was the best league because Bayern won it and was continuallly performing well?
If only i can respond to this post as it will take me down too many pegs. Watch more games, learn a bit about what you watch , then we can discuss, not now as what you have just posted beggars belief if you think we dominated for an hour and say Thuram got beat in the air becos he was off for 2 weeks

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
denco: You seem to be switching back and forth between arguements. First of all, Capello usually gets the most out of his players, and you can look no further than Roma in your quest for knowledge. Capello, even though they came up second last year, certainly got the most out of his players- Mancini, Cassano, and Chivu most notebly. Do you think it's easy for players to move to a new enviornment, culture, atmosphere, and football style like Mancini, Chivu, and Ibrahimovic have done over the past few years? Of course not, that takes some coaching.

Yes, Cassano has always been a talent, however when did he have his breakout season? Last year with Capello.

This year it's the same story. Compare our side to Milan's and Inter and tell me what you think about the quality we posess. We are miles behind the quality of Milan and I'm not even sure we have as many quality players as Inter for that matter. And where are we? Right at the top of the table, level on points with Milan. How can you say he does not get everything out of our players? To me that's just nonsense.

Capello has improved the play of Camoranesi this season and arguably Zebina when look at his performances last term. Ibrahimovic has settled nicely in Italy, something not all players are able to do when switching enviornments. And not to mention we have coped very well without Nedved and Trezeguet for about half the season, two very important players obviously. So I think you are wrong when you say Capello does not get everything out of his players. If he didn't, we would not be level on points with Milan at this stage of the season. Look at all their quality..

Capello might not be as good as Mourinho at improving players, however he certainly is not that far behind.

And alright, sorry if you were offended by that. I don't think you're familiar with my reasoning behind the EPL being overated, probably because you have not been to the US. Not your fault.
What do you mean get the best out of Chivu? You are making sound lkike Chivu has not played to his potential for other managers, same as Cassano. Did you say it takes some coaching to adapt to a new culture like Zlatan and Mancini did?
Please I go by what I said , he is a succesful coach , but I do not like his style and I would rather someone else. And please tell me you were not serious with we have less quality than Milan and Inter but we are successful. That has always been the case and its has nothing to do with Capello. I never said Capello does not get the best out of his players, I said he has not improved what he has, huge difference in statements.

Coped well without Trez and Nedved, well Nedved, yes but Trez, we are used to coping without him even when he is on the field so no loss there.

I was just thinking, Juve have lost to Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man united in recent seasons, do you think they would walk away with that overrated Epl if they were playing in it?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
noone can compete the english teams in air the game
and if thuram wasnt faster then Baros doesnt mean he isnt a good player, juve is calibrated to italian football,we pay little attention on air game cause we try to dribble once and a while
and to defend properly not the english savage way,
the ref could give more fouls and stop the game some times,
this would calm down the games speed and allow to react better.
every sistem and tehnique has its disadvantages,
juve s sistem doesnt working well against Engilsh way of football(it doesnt mean its inferior since its working very well on others like real),
thats explains our weakeness against English teams

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
What do you mean get the best out of Chivu? You are making sound lkike Chivu has not played to his potential for other managers, same as Cassano. Did you say it takes some coaching to adapt to a new culture like Zlatan and Mancini did?
Please I go by what I said , he is a succesful coach , but I do not like his style and I would rather someone else. And please tell me you were not serious with we have less quality than Milan and Inter but we are successful. That has always been the case and its has nothing to do with Capello. I never said Capello does not get the best out of his players, I said he has not improved what he has, huge difference in statements.
Well, with your comparison of Capello to Mourinho I thought you implied that the former does not get the most out of his players.

But hey, if you don't like Capello's style then that is totally your call. I just think it's a bit premature to judge his performance as a whole before the season has ended. Yes we always have a lesser squad than the likes of Milan, however this year I must say the difference between the two is substantial. And remember after last season everybody was calling for an overhaul of the squad, talking about bringing in 10 new players or what have you? Well, Moggi did not do that and Capello had to make do with most of the same sqaud as last year except for a few key buys, especially Emerson.

My question to you is if you want Capello out, who do you want in? I mean should Lippi make another return to Juventus? How about Prandelli? How about the great Deschamps who is not having a good season at all with Monaco? You might not like his style, however he's the best coach available to us unless Mourinho leaves Chelsea. Hell, after Inter fire Mancini we could make a move for him. :redface:

I was just thinking, Juve have lost to Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man united in recent seasons, do you think they would walk away with that overrated Epl if they were playing in it?
Of course they would not walk away with it. It's obvious to see this Juventus is not at all able to cope with high balls and crosses, something the EPL is very good at. I would also love to see those same English teams try to win something in Italy.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
I had no doubts Juve would win but I just saw this in another forum. I'm not sure its actually factually correct but if it is....

• Wales win the Grand Slam in Rugby
  • The Pope Dies
  • Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year (Nottingham Forest)
  • Liverpool win the European Cup

• The Pope Dies
  • Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year (Chelsea)
  • Will Liverpool make it a clean sweep and win the European Cup?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Intro ] ++
I had no doubts Juve would win but I just saw this in another forum. I'm not sure its actually factually correct but if it is....

• The Pope Dies
  • Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year (Nottingham Forest)
  • Liverpool win the European Cup

• The Pope Dies
  • Liverpool lose in the League Cup final to the eventual League Champions that year (Chelsea)
  • Will Liverpool make it a clean sweep and win the European Cup?
I don't like these things, they always scare me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)