[CL] JUVENTUS vs Lyon [August 7th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClaudiOHHH

Jul 8, 2011
This team has been carrying dead-weight since Cardiff and it gets more and more evident each and every year.

1. Khedira
2. Pjanic
3. Cuadrado
4. Higuain

With added "support" in Danilo, Bernardeschi, Matuidi, Rabiot, and De Sciglio ? Jokes

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Hopefully the mercato won't be as frustrating as our football. The decision to keep Sarri or not should be made already and if we do replace Sarri, the replacement must be agreed already.
:agree:

You would hope so
I don't think it's all doom and gloom, with 3-4 signings on top of what we already have we can have a good year next year. If they are the right players.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Likewise, if we are keeping him, I expect the players to be brought in to be exactly the ones he’s requesting. Not bargain bin buys, sometimes it’s like my mother constructed this team from needless clutch Poundland purchases.
I'm even more interested to see how will our sales go.
Obviously we have veterans on high wages, who do not contribute much. It's not gonna be easy to get rid of them and that will probably be a deciding factor regarding the purchases.
If we can't get rid of them, then we will probably do some more of the Pjanic-Arthur swaps, in which we could sacrifice promising players like Demiral.

Higuain, Matuidi, Khedira are the ones I have in mind.
Then the weak links like Bernardeschi and Rugani, the always injured De Sciglio. Arthur for Pjanic won't do us any good in midfield, and we need a starter there too.

I think this will be the hardest mercato for our directors. One that might decide our fate not only next year, but for seasons to come.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Lyon was said to be physical club and they showed it. How many times did they push Juve's players in the back at the end of plays. They beat up Juve today which might have attributed some to their ragged, tired looking play. And probably was Garcia's strategy. One could argue Higgy got fouled right before Lyon's goal. Had to beat them with speed and Higgy sure wasn't going to provide it.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Lyon was said to be physical club and they showed it. How many times did they push Juve's players in the back at the end of plays. They beat up Juve today which might have attributed some to their ragged, tired looking play. And probably was Garcia's strategy. One could argue Higgy got fouled right before Lyon's goal. Had to beat them with speed and Higgy sure wasn't going to provide it.
We had no gameplan and they had one. They did what was necessary to go through. We didn't. End of story.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
I'm not surprised because like throughout the season we look poor in attack and that only Ronaldo and Dybala can do anything for us. Costa always injured, no assists from midfield, it is what it is. Kulusevski and Arthur will give plenty more goals and assists than Pjanic and Bernard.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
@Hustini pls open next match thread

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not surprised because like throughout the season we look poor in attack and that only Ronaldo and Dybala can do anything for us. Costa always injured, no assists from midfield, it is what it is. Kulusevski and Arthur will give plenty more goals and assists than Pjanic and Bernard.
It's not like Arthur is a goal or assist machine

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We can always bet that the refs will fok us.
We have been the most hated big club for decades now.
We were nit borned yesterday, we must take this as a token and plan ahead, always look fierce and try to overcome this handicap.
Well against Lyon, away, we didnt. And of course we were bound to pay for it.
We are very well aware that without Chielini any semi-competitive team was bound to score against us. We ve seen this a trillion times. We know that De Ligt cant compensate Bonucci's defensive ineptness and even if everything works perfectly, var will descover a hand noone else saw.
One such a penalty gift was enough to disqualify us, we put ourselves in this situation from the previous game and did not show the intention to change it from the very beginning of the match.
The rest that too place was just saving apperances.
Sarri and Bonucci knew about the disqualification and prepared their apologies before the game. Sarri even started the excuses since last week...

At any case, we were always a lost cause, bound to be disqualified in this round or the next.we have reached our celling set by paratici last summer!

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Apart from other bad facts ,one bright thing is that we have a brilliant coach who is not capable to motivate a 4 year boy to buy an ice cream.He will lead us to glory.
Next season with this master tactician we won't even win the scudetto.For sure!
Bold and painful true.With him we will be a cannon meat even for Serie A teams.
Watch and see!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)