[CL] JUVENTUS vs Lyon [August 7th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Let's be honest Man City would have ripped this Juve side to pieces (not that I even rate them).

With Allegri's Juve I would have been confident playing them but they would have thumped us this season.

Atrocious performance given what was at stake. Our goals were typical of the season a penalty and individual brilliance from 25 yards. You can't win the CL relying on both of them.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Meh. I've seen it plenty of times before, but we would grind out the result we need somehow.
This kind of Juve is the norm. We’ve all seen us totally underwhelm when we need the result in the 2nd leg. Those games against Liverpool and Arsenal from the 00’s stick in the mind. It’s the mentality of the club, for some reason we are happy to sit on a losing result and knock it around the back.

A lack of urgency and pretentiousness from being so dominant in the league is a huge problem for us.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Well, we made an effort of it at least, but we had nothing left, no options, players were dead.

Higuain was half a player. Dybala wasn't anywhere near fit but we had to take the gamble I guess. Cuadrado terrible, Berna was Berna. CR7 GOAT. Pjanic obviously wasn't fit either. Christ, what a fucking mess we ended up in.

I thought Alex Sandro was good but he was running on fumes second half.

Glad this season is over tbh. Imagine that raggedy-ass, half cooked team playing Man City right now.

Roll on next season.
Yep saved us the embarrassment

Sandro has his best game in a long while, like you said the team is dead.

Add another 2 mids on top of Arthur and Kulu.
A striker in place of Higuain and we will have the core of a new winning cycle as long as we bring the right players in.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
This was always coming, Lyon are actually a good side and have young players who have potential. With us, we have a bunch of players who peaked or were never any good, other than Ronaldo or De Ligt. Just a horrible, horrible side all around.
No, they aren't good. They're shit but we suck even more.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm not sure. A better team would have probably destroyed us. Imagine a well rested Bayern, with fast wingers, against this Juventus.
Covid only made this season more frustrating. We would have won the scudetto without it, and maybe the Coppa, but in Europe we didn't stand a chance even in a normal season. The lockdown only showed all our weaknesses once we couldn't cover them with better physical preparation.
While I was writing that I remembered your post saying how we won Scudetto by winning against top opponents. I'm not even trying to argue that we're a quality side, I just think we'd have a different approach and mentality against others. But yeah, you made it sound scary, Bayern is the only opponent I'd avoid our of the bench. But still, it's just so pathetic to see us get beaten by Ajax and now Lyon. We're so bad. It's not even luck. We're so fucking bad. We looked like anything but a team. So many of our positions are just fragile, weak and non-existent. Plus our coach is clueless imo.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
We are shit. Fuck, we are shit indeed.
I am pissed off but thinking how other stronger teams would have abuse us eases the pain a bit.
AA has to do the right things, CL is what we want. Another n-Serie A is nothing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
A striker in place of Higuain and we will have the core of a new winning cycle as long as we bring the right players in.
And they'll have to click. That's the danger for next year's scudetto - new players not clicking - but it's something we must do because this current set will definitely lose the scudetto.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
This kind of Juve is the norm. We’ve all seen us totally underwhelm when we need the result in the 2nd leg. Those games against Liverpool and Arsenal from the 00’s stick in the mind. It’s the mentality of the club, for some reason we are happy to sit on a losing result and knock it around the back.

A lack of urgency and pretentiousness from being so dominant in the league is a huge problem for us.
I was thinking that the other day. Allegri years were the best years in CL for me as a Juve fan. Even before 2006, every game, every round was a toss-up, but with Allegri I felt safe and confident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)