[CL] Juventus - Real Madrid (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Our biggest match so far this season. Real will be confident of a place in the quarter finals after having their way against us in the first leg, but with Zidane doubtful, matches against Betis and Valencia still to come, Del Piero finding some form, and a sold out Delle Alpi, a Juve triumph similar to the one in 2003 could be on the cards. Nedved and Salgado sustained injuries in the Bernabeu and have both been ruled out but David Trezeguet should be back to lead the Bianconeri frontline. I personally feel that the 4-3-3 is the best system for this particular task from the Juve perspective and hope that Capello doesn't hesitate to tell his players to change their mentality to an attacking one not yet seen against big teams this term. Juve started the campaign wonderfully but have since begun to wobble badly, dropping crucial points and squandering an eight point lead in the Scudetto race. Goals for haven't been at a premium to say the least and the rock solid wall of a back four seems to be cracking slightly. Surely the lads must be as motivated as humanly possible and with the unfamiliar backing of a full stadium they'll be more than fired up, but do Juve have what it takes to overturn the 1-0 deficit and continue their journey towards a third Champions' League title, or will los Merengues of Madrid be a step closer to their tenth success in Europe's elite club competition?

PS. I know that the match is more than a week away but this really is a huge game and the thread from the first leg is being posted in constantly so we could as well open this one.

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Like I have said millions of times we must attack Real and force them to play defense. I would play this exact formation:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Tacchinardi

Zalayeta - Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

If Trezeguet is fit to play, I might start him in front of Zlatan, however I doubt David will be ready.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
yeah. That is how we must play. Howerer, if Trezeguet is fit for fight against Roma, and he is convincing, lets play with him instead of Zalayeta with this trio:

--------Trezeguet
Del Piero------Zlatan
Tacchi-Emerson-Camo
--The usual backline
------guess who ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Our biggest match so far this season. Real will be confident of a place in the quarter finals after having their way against us in the first leg, but with Zidane doubtful, matches against Betis and Valencia still to come, Del Piero finding some form, and a sold out Delle Alpi, a Juve triumph similar to the one in 2003 could be on the cards. Nedved and Salgado sustained injuries in the Bernabeu and have both been ruled out but David Trezeguet should be back to lead the Bianconeri frontline. I personally feel that the 4-3-3 is the best system for this particular task from the Juve perspective and hope that Capello doesn't hesitate to tell his players to change their mentality to an attacking one not yet seen against big teams this term. Juve started the campaign wonderfully but have since begun to wobble badly, dropping crucial points and squandering an eight point lead in the Scudetto race. Goals for haven't been at a premium to say the least and the rock solid wall of a back four seems to be cracking slightly. Surely the lads must be as motivated as humanly possible and with the unfamiliar backing of a full stadium they'll be more than fired up, but do Juve have what it takes to overturn the 1-0 deficit and continue their journey towards a third Champions' League title, or will los Merengues of Madrid be a step closer to their tenth success in Europe's elite club competition?

PS. I know that the match is more than a week away but this really is a huge game and the thread from the first leg is being posted in constantly so we could as well open this one.

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!
Thanks Stu for this new Topic, we need it....

Del Piero is gonna be our key, lets hope he'll give Madrid 90minutes with no mercy....

Our defence will be probably our most important thing.

I expect a great Tacchi...

Forza Juventus!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Like I have said millions of times we must attack Real and force them to play defense. I would play this exact formation:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Tacchinardi

Zalayeta - Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

If Trezeguet is fit to play, I might start him in front of Zlatan, however I doubt David will be ready.
We need him badly....If he's fit as you said, i'll start him ahead of Zlatan, And pushing Zlatan 2nd half would be great...

I repeat the most important thing is we Attack from the START!!!

we have no time to loose..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
yeah. That is how we must play. Howerer, if Trezeguet is fit for fight against Roma, and he is convincing, lets play with him instead of Zalayeta with this trio:

--------Trezeguet
Del Piero------Zlatan
Tacchi-Emerson-Camo
--The usual backline
------guess who ;)
I think Zalayeta can be more important than Zlatan IMO, with all due respect for Zlatan but we don't need him dribbling 4 or 5 players, we need him passing tha ball and running, and this is what he can't do recently, I'd play him 2nd half,

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
Like I said in the other thread.we can't play atacking football against Real madrid not that I don't like it,but because we must concentrate at not conceeding a goal.THIS IS NOT SIENA.Real's very fast when they atack and we were very lucky to end with one goal down in madrid.
Capello should practice the team for counter atacks,fast counter atacks with 4 or 5 players.I am thinking about this formation:
---------------------------------buffon----------------------------
-------zebina----------thuram--------------cannavaro-------
--birindelli-----------------------------------------zambrotta--
------camoranesi-------------emerson------tachinardi------
------------Zlatan----------------------delpiero-----------------
that's 5-3-2

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
Like I said in the other thread.we can't play atacking football against Real madrid not that I don't like it,but because we must concentrate at not conceeding a goal.THIS IS NOT SIENA.Real's very fast when they atack and we were very lucky to end with one goal down in madrid.
Capello should practice the team for counter atacks,fast counter atacks with 4 or 5 players.I am thinking about this formation:
---------------------------------buffon----------------------------
-------zebina----------thuram--------------cannavaro-------
--birindelli-----------------------------------------zambrotta--
------camoranesi-------------emerson------tachinardi------
------------Zlatan----------------------delpiero-----------------
that's 5-3-2
we need goals Snoop...Playing this way is very dangerous, they'll attack us instead of attacking them... If we start Attacking from the start, then i don't see madrid Scoring, i am confident that Cannavaro and Thuram and Zambrotta and hopefully Zebina can stop these Jurks....

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

I think Zalayeta can be more important than Zlatan IMO, with all due respect for Zlatan but we don't need him dribbling 4 or 5 players, we need him passing tha ball and running, and this is what he can't do recently, I'd play him 2nd half,
With a target man plus Del Piero I'm sure he won't have to. He's got some nice passing skills and if he's awarded such a position I'm sure he'll do great.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

With a target man plus Del Piero I'm sure he won't have to. He's got some nice passing skills and if he's awarded such a position I'm sure he'll do great.
I know he got some nice passing skills, but loosing the ball by trying dribbling for no reasons could cost us...with any counter attack....

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

we need goals Snoop...Playing this way is very dangerous, they'll attack us instead of attacking them... If we start Attacking from the start, then i don't see madrid Scoring, i am confident that Cannavaro and Thuram and Zambrotta and hopefully Zebina can stop these Jurks....
if we play atacking football thy will score on or two when they counteratack, then I don't think juve is in the form of scoring 3 or 4 goals against them.
the most important thing too is that we should defend from the center of the field,and not from our penalty area

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
I know he got some nice passing skills, but loosing the ball by trying dribbling for no reasons could cost us...with any counter attack....
Well the thing is in 433 he got alternatives. In 4-4-2 its either passing back to Camo, Emerson or try to reach Zambrotta to the left or pass to a usually marked Del Piero.

In our NT he's holding the ball til' Freddie, Chippen, Larsson or Källström/Svensson comes running and it fits him great. Do you remember at the start of the season how great he worked with Nedved? Now he's got such alternatives.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

if we play atacking football thy will score on or two when they counteratack, then I don't think juve is in the form of scoring 3 or 4 goals against them.
the most important thing too is that we should defend from the center of the field,and not from our penalty area
you have a point here..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

Well the thing is in 433 he got alternatives. In 4-4-2 its either passing back to Camo, Emerson or try to reach Zambrotta to the left or pass to a usually marked Del Piero.

In our NT he's holding the ball til' Freddie, Chippen, Larsson or Källström/Svensson comes running and it fits him great. Do you remember at the start of the season how great he worked with Nedved? Now he's got such alternatives.
If this is the case i wouldn't mind, anyhow i think he has a big chance of playing, Trezeguet might be off-form till next week....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ibrahimovic9 ] ++
Play the trident
I think we will, i'll be fvcking mad at capello if he'll use this boring 4-4-2....Anyhow i don't think he can use it, Neved wont make it....

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

you have a point here..
BTW if u saw the real match,I am sure that you saw with that so called "stupid and defensive" football, they caught us with 3 defenders sometimes 2 and we were about to concede other goals,but we were lucky,but if we play with "my" system you will see that it can change to 352 when atacking,and when we defend it will be 532 with closing down real's wings.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
true. But with Zebina, it will be a huge securityrisk all game long. So I think we should use Zambrotta on the right wing like Lippi did. that was the key to our success. Dont let Roberto Carlos have a good day on the job, same with Zidane. And put Pessotto or Birindelli to take down Figo on the left wing.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
we should defend from the center of the field
Thats quite a valid point. It would be intresting to see something like this:
Code:
           Treza 
         Alex  Zlatan
  Zambro Tacchi Emerson Camo
      Canna Thuram Zebina
            Buffon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)