CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (15 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The injury talk somehow feels like mostly trash talk to me. I'm not saying it's all bs but neither would it surprise me to see them line up in their strongest squad. It's often happened in the past that players presumed injures have played after all.

Makelele seems to most likely absentee at the mo and that would be a blow to Real, he's been very important in the games I've seen of them, he seems to be head and shoulders above Guti, Helguera and Flavio.

However, the constant talk of who'll play and who won't, even if it's all spin, I think can and will cause some unrest in the squad, it should be unsettling. So if it's all made up, they'll feel it too IMO.

And I agree Buffon is the key, perhaps bar none. Chimenti isn't Rampulla after all, even though Rampulla was a really solid goalkeeper but no superman. As I said before, this REALLY is the time for Alex to glow, he didn't show up in the first leg, everyone expects him to make up for that now. And of course Nedved, but I worry less about him. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Yes, I agree that this is the chance for Ale to show what he's really capable of :strong:

Looks like its definite Makelele won't be playing on Wednesday, but there's also speculations that Helguera is more likely to be lifted up to play in midfield, which could just work for them. But I dunno, he's said it himself that he needs a bit of time to adjust when he changes positions between midfield and defense...

-S-

JKane

May 31, 2001
makelele is important, but him missing the game is nothing compared to a zidane - less madrid for example. i think they should be able to replace him. my money would be on cambiasso, although i haven't seen him play for the last couple of months.

whatever, they could aswell move helguera to makelele's position with pavon taking the place next to hierro.

concerning del piero, i just want a solid game from him. after all, we don't depend on him 100% like we did some time ago. oh, and i hope dv's goal against perugia gives him confidence. he'll need it. we'll need it. ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Then fun thing about Alex is that if we make it to the final, he could do some serious damage to either Inter or Milan, both of them are familiar territory. With the world watching. :cool:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm putting the final touches on my huge banners branding him the star of the match and the "world's best", I expect some interesting debate on xt :D:D

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
That's what I call faith Martin :)

Am nervous, excited ..... Am going mad & I don't think I'll be able to do anything constructive come Wednesday. CL has been my priority since we lost at the Amsterdam Arena. I can't wait. I believe we can do it. We have to do it.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I really do hope so too. I remember screaming Zidane's abilities to deaf ears a couple of years back and now everybody knows him - A pity it is at Real Madrid.
I just hope DP finds his feet and does something truly remarkable.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
From marca.com:

Del Bosque included Ronaldo on the list for Juve's game, but he is still in doubt whether he'll set foot in Delle Alpi or not. Raul, Figo and Zidan will start from beginning.

Also there is talk about maybe Del Bosque playing with a new tactic and having 3 men in central defense, with Hierro, Helguera and Pavon. He was trying it out durin training. It means that Real would be defending the result from SN.

Marca's probable line-up is:

Casillas; Michel Salgado, Helguera, Hierro, Pavón, Roberto Carlos; Flavio, Guti, Zidane, Figo y Raúl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)