CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (106 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
LOL Vinny, funny how people can disagree this much on the same game. On the whole I'm really satisfied with our performance and my only regret is we didn't score again at 1-1. But we're not that efficient so it doesn't surprise me. But you seem to be devastated. :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
What bothers me most is just how much room we gave them. Then, when we had the ball, they were on us like stink on sh#t !!

Lippi comments after the game also bothered me. I dont know what game he was watching, or maybe those cigars of his were made with marijuana, because anyone could see just how badly outclassed we were. The 2-1 scoreline doesnt tell the story of the game. It could have easily been 4-1.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
We complertely sucked last night, and we were damn lucky not to be beaten 3, 4,or 5 to 1.

Psssttt, completely sucked???? dont say anymore.

I only have a question for you. What you was expecting for that game ah?. A brilliant juve dominating in the midfield?? and attacking madrid to get sick?.

Man , what you saw yesterday, is what juve always does, and better. They played a good game, taking in count that madrid are far superior to us, and we managed to complicate their play, but the r crlos goal messed everything. Some juve players played bad, some were inacurated, but in general juve did what they can.

So dont be waiting a team better than madrid.

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
I totally agree with Denco's earlier assesment apart from:

1: I don't think there's any need to call for Buffon to produce more outrageous saves than he does. Carlos shot was straight to the far post, and in any case Buffon's save on Zizou's free kcik was just about as good as it get's. Buffon is the best keeper in the world, e basta.

2: Real looked ripe for the picking in the second because we had succeeded in taking their pace out with the"box" formation. If we had come forward more we couldn't have covered the spaces on defence as well as we did. Considering our midfield selection on the night, Nedved's knee problems and DP being totally off :( - I think we got away with all we could have hoped for. Tudor really did come through in midfield last night. Just a shame that Conte is so far off going forward, because his defensive covering was OK to me.
Again- when we play Davids and tacchi next week the pressure on Madrids midfielders will come higher up the field and that will make the transition easier for our attack. Last night we had no linkage. Conversely- the higher pressure will leave room between midfield and defence. That's the slippery slope.

But it doesn't matter, as we have no choice. We can hypothetically go to the CL final with a 1-0 home win, and looking at our squad and the way we've played for large parts of the season- that is simply an outrageous success. We can do this :cool: !!!!!!!!

We need truckloads of grinta, 90 minutes of determination and heart, and an inch of luck, and we'll take to Old Trafford against all bookie predictions.

Forza Juve :fero:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yes,,, buff is doing great lately. He have some problems with the low shots, but he is awesome anyways. And in the crosses, he and thuram are the ones.

What Is bothering me is DP.
OK, i cannot say that in dissapointed with him,cuz he played normal, but yesterday he was innacurated.
IM just desperated because, we need that "something" that delpiero have not found. He is our extra against madrid,
if you saw the game,, evrything went more or less like we wanted, but if delpiero´s magik would have succeded, it could be a different story now.

Im wating more for him because, he is not a normal player, he is the kind of player that decides a match, and we really need his contribution. That was showed yesterday!!

please man, find yourself again

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The Norwegian ref from last night was on tv just now, they talked about the 2-1 goal. He said that from his angle none of the players in offside obstructed the play, neither did they affect the play in any way or gain any kind of advantage. So that's the official explanation. :)

Jens Bangsbo, the Juve assistant manager said he agreed with the ruling.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
i think a 0-0 draw would be marvelous and since juve is better with defence than attack they should defend all game long and get a 0-0 that will take us to the final

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
The Norwegian ref from last night was on tv just now, they talked about the 2-1 goal. He said that from his angle none of the players in offside obstructed the play, neither did they affect the play in any way or gain any kind of advantage. So that's the official explanation. :)

Jens Bangsbo, the Juve assistant manager said he agreed with the ruling.
Yes also in the Italian TVs everybody talked about "inactive" offside, the players didn't affect the action so the goal was regolar...

skiznigit

Sep 30, 2002
we should rest our key players against perugia, juve looked really tired in the last few minutes against real (especially our defence). buffon and zambrotta played really great.

i think juve played for a draw against real and for that they got punished.

i know juve can and will beat real next week!!!!!!

even if ronaldo and raul play next week they for sure wont be 100%. (raul - surgery, ronaldo - injured)

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
i think a 0-0 draw would be marvelous and since juve is better with defence than attack they should defend all game long and get a 0-0 that will take us to the final
:howler: Did you go into a coma when Carlos's goal was allowed :D

They won 2-1 , if you do not know and 0-0 will put us out

Fantastita, I have followed Dp from when I first noticed him against Eintracht Frankfurt in uefa where he overshadowed everyone, then Cl where he scored breathtaking goals against Dortmund in Germany, Steaua Bucharest in Turin and nutmegged Cleland of Rangers who was so embarassed he kicked and promptly got a red card:D, and I can assure you the similarities between that player and the impostor I have been watching from the Roma game to Barcelona home and away,Brescia , Lazio and last night is too vast for comfort

He can no llonger it seems strike the ball well, his freekicks are now so awful, corner kics the same, cannot pass the ball, no speed , always hesitant, slows down the pace of attack and he seems generally uninterested, its frightnening

I am not sure but I think something is wrong in his personal life with champs on the field, the whole world watching, he put up an anaemic display

Maybe I am expecting too much from him

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
:howler: Did you go into a coma when Carlos's goal was allowed :D

They won 2-1 , if you do not know and 0-0 will put us out

lol i did go into a coma

and a 0-0 wont put us out since the juve goal is an away goal, and a draw is defined by away goals, and with 0-0 juve would have one away goal and madrid none

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I am very sorry Denco. I missunderstood your post. When I said that DP was OK I was comparing him to the other players on the pitch, not the DP of the past. And I think you're right about something being wrong in his personal life. Earlier this season he was going great. Showing speed that we hadn't seen in a while and playing very nearly at the level that he played at in 97/98, but now something just isn't right. He doesn't seem motivated for games. He doesn't seem interested. It seems to me that he's just going out there and trying to get away with doing the bare minimum. I'm worried :scared:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

lol i did go into a coma

and a 0-0 wont put us out since the juve goal is an away goal, and a draw is defined by away goals, and with 0-0 juve would have one away goal and madrid none
Away rules only count if after you calculate the goals scored in the 2 matches, it is level , ie if a team wins 1-0 at home and loses 2-1 away , it means both teams scored 2 goals but since one of them managed to score away then that goal is counted as double

But if you lose 2-1 away and can only draw at home, you are out because apart from anything you did not win either game, you lost and drew while your opponent did not lose any game, thew won and drew so therefore you are out

Do u understand now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)