CL: Juventus - Real Madrid (12 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
WE NEED TO GO AND MAKE SOME GOALS MADRIDS DEFENCE CAN BE TURNED TO OUR SIDE BUT WE HAVE TO ATTACK I HOPE LIPPI KNOWS THAT!!

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
yeah...u're right fabiana...as capello said, we must not too prudent...we must attack from every side......is it possible?

i'm still thinking what is lippi's secret recipe to face madrid tonite...

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
Probable Lineup:

FC Real Madrid (4-2-3-1):

---------------------------------Casillas--------------------------

---R.Carlos-------Helguera-----------Hierro----Salgado----

--------------Conceciao--------------Makalele-----------------

--------Zidane------------------Guti--------------Figo----------

------------------------------Ronaldo----------------------------

Subs:
Cesar, McManaman, Morientes, Portillo, Cambiasso,
Solari, Pavon.

Coach: Vicente Del Bosque

Juventus FC (4-4-2):

----------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------

-----Zambrotta-----Ferrara-----------Thuram-------Birrindelli----

-----Nedved----------Tudor-----------Conte-------Camoranesi---

--------------------------Trezeguet-------Del Piero------------------

Subs:
Chimenti, Fresi, Pessotto, Iuliano, Zenoni,
Di Vaio, Zalayeta.

Coach: Marcello Lippi

+++ Raul can't play tonight for Madrid and Juve without Davids, Montero and Tacchinardi +++

:star: FORZA JUVE :star:

juvenli

Apr 17, 2003
i read today's newspaper, the probable Lineup should be:

Juventus FC (4-4-2):

----------------------------------Buffon---------------------------------

Birrindelli-------------Ferrara-----------Thuram----------------Pessotto

Camoranesi----------Tudor-----------Zambrotta---------------Nedved

--------------------------Trezeguet-------Del Piero------------------

where Zamby told to play as Denfensive Midfield :eek:

and my match prediction is:
Real score 3 goals : Roberto Carlos, Hierro, Helguera :down:
own goal !! :fero:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hey I write articles on http://www.soccer365.com and thought you might be interested in my latest one :D :

http://www.soccer365.com/_365_Features/page_121_51201.shtml

The Kings Of Europe
05/05/03

By Glenn Debattista

Tuesday’s showdown between Real Madrid and Juventus is not just a game between two teams; it’s a game between Europe’s most followed teams, two teams who have won the most silverware in their domestic leagues and who have achieved records in European trophies. In fact Real is the team who has won most Champions League (former European Champions), while Juventus was the first team to win all European Cups (including the Intercontinental Cup).

With both teams having around 15 million fans each in Europe, we can expect record number of viewers glued to the television sets for both games. In the end it might not be a spectacular match, but the quality of players both team offer, will ensure that the entertainment level is of a high standard.

Real Madrid are still fighting to win La Liga, and this might be an added hassle, as with six games left and just one point over Real Sociedad and Deportivo, nothing is set in stone.

On the other hand Juventus have their minds at rest about the Scudetto, as an eight point margin over second placed Inter, with just three games left is practically impossible to be overturned.

Technically Real are the better side, with players such as Zidane and Figo, who can turn a match in their favour at any moment. Their strength lies in their attacking style football, and their weakness in the slow and aging defence.

This past weekend, Mallorca proved all of this. In the first half, Real (playing in a full team) pressed hard on the accelerator and succeeded in scoring early with Ronaldo (his 300th goal in his career), however once Mallorca started attacking, they put in 5 behind Casillas with extreme ease, proving they are Real’s black sheep (in the first round Mallorca had defeated Real 4-0, so it cannot be just a case).

Juve’s strength lies in their determination and ‘never give up’ mentality. This is proved by the 19 games this season in which they scored in the last 10 minutes of the game, that in most cases helped them achieve victory or at least a draw. Having had either Del Piero or Trezeguet out for nearly three quarters of the season, Nedved took the role of the leader, and took Juventus by the hand to what it will be their 27th Scudetto.

Therefore the difference between both teams is that, Real Madrid is more spectacular and skilful, whilst Juventus is more determined and concrete. Two different mentalities of how football is played, with an attacking style versus a more cautious and thoughtful style. On paper the Spanish team is the favourite to go to the final, but this season they have not been too convincing, especially in the Champions League. In fact they went through a 6 game winless run, which nearly compromised their Champions League stay, but thanks to a Portillo goal against Dortmund in the 95th minute, they qualified for the quarters.

If Juventus want to have a shot at going to Manchester for the final, they need to limit the damages of the first leg, when they play away and with three fundamental players out on suspension (Davids, Montero and Tacchinardi). These absentees will be difficult to substitute, especially the always dynamic Davids, but Lippi is a master tactician, and will have already thought of a counter measure to stop Zidane and company.

To add more spice to the game, this will be Zidane’s first match against his former club, and will be interesting to see how the public will react when he goes to Turin for the return leg. No prizes for guessing how Ronaldo will be greeted in his Italian return. However, Raul, will not be part of the first match, and probably not even in the second match. This takes off a bit of interest from the game, as I would have been eye candy to watch two of the Champions League most prolific forwards go head to head (Del Piero and Raul).

Both Zidane and Nedved have been excellent this season, and the golden ball award will be most probably decided by the team that goes to the final, therefore the individual motivations are not lacking here either.

On both sides, the class players are not lacking, and judging by the other semifinalists, whoever wins this game, will be hot favourite to win the coveted cup and be crowned Kings of Europe.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
WE NEED TO GO AND MAKE SOME GOALS MADRIDS DEFENCE CAN BE TURNED TO OUR SIDE BUT WE HAVE TO ATTACK I HOPE LIPPI KNOWS THAT!!
I agree with this because if juve defended all the game they will loose , we must press real in there half and keep a balance between attack and defence and make shure that zidan and ronaldo are watched because they are the best in real now.

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Are you guys ready for tonight? :D

It's been four long years since last time Juve was in the semi-final. Can't wait for tonight's game.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
im so nervous i think that madrid will score first (ronaldo) but juve needs to attack more since the goals today are double because are away!! forza juveee! lets hope that some madrid defender makes an own goal that will be double because its AWAY!!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
obviously roberto carlos and everyone at madrid wants a final against inter, just like we do because its easier beating inter than milan!
so if real madrid wins then i want milan in the final

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)