[CL] Juventus - M. Tel Aviv (61 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Well I'd like to see us go with a trident attack for a start, we're the home team, there's nothing to fear, we should go at them all guns blazing from the start.. in theory that will be far too much for them to handle.
Yeah, I like that. Maccabi will probably come here with a defensive attitude so we're less likely to get caught out if we use the trident against them than if we use it against Udinese on Sunday. Del Piero is struggling right now and he could really use a goal to boost his confidence, even if it comes against lesser opposition. As someone has already pointed out, he's the only forward (bar Zalayeta of course) that hasn't played a full game yet.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

he's the only forward (bar Zalayeta of course) that hasn't played a full game yet.
    Didn't he play a full game against Brescia?

Aug 26, 2003
    Nedved doubt for Tel-Aviv Sunday 26 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Nedved is in doubt to feature against Maccabi Tel-Aviv after he required five stitches to close a gaping wound.

The Czech international suffered the cut when he clashed with Eugenio Corini during last night’s 1-1 draw with Palermo, but was able to carry on after treatment.

It is remarkable that he could continue, as medical staff today revealed they needed five stitches to close up the laceration just under the calf muscle.

This injury, combined with a bruised back and knee during the Ajax game, put Nedved in doubt to face Maccabi Tel-Aviv in Tuesday’s Champions’ League tie.

David Trezeguet is ready to start despite injuring the shoulder that has already been damaged twice in the past year, while Fabio Cannavaro suffered slight bruising to his foot.

There are reports that the tired performance against Palermo will push Fabio Capello to rotate his squad once more. Up until now he has refused to rest key players Emerson, Cannavaro, Nedved and Gianluca Zambrotta, but some or all may be on the bench this Tuesday.

Aug 26, 2003
    i think we should not risk Neddy if not fully fit!!! same goes for other important players!!!

I think we should be able to beat a side like Tel Aviv at home without Nedved! (hopefully)!

i would play something like that:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Tudor - Zambrotta

Olivera - Taccinardi - Appiah - Kapo

Del Piero - Trezeguet

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Even though Capello's rotation indicates that Del Piero won't be in the starting 11 on Tuesday, but Nedved's injury may force DP back on the pitch along with Trezeguet.

Kapo will probably be on the bench and Olivera will play on the left instead of Pavel and Camoranesi will keep his place

Plus if Cannavaro is not going to play I have a big feeling that Leggrotaglie or Montero will be included instead

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #51
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Even though Capello's rotation indicates that Del Piero won't be in the starting 11 on Tuesday, but Nedved's injury may force DP back on the pitch along with Trezeguet.

Kapo will probably be on the bench and Olivera will play on the left instead of Pavel and Camoranesi will keep his place

Plus if Cannavaro is not going to play I have a big feeling that Leggrotaglie or Montero will be included instead
    well, we can't play cannavaro always. he needs a rest too.

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #52
    ++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
    i think we should not risk Neddy if not fully fit!!! same goes for other important players!!!

I think we should be able to beat a side like Tel Aviv at home without Nedved! (hopefully)!

i would play something like that:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Tudor - Zambrotta

Olivera - Taccinardi - Appiah - Kapo

Del Piero - Trezeguet
    I wouldn't change midfield that much. Just put Appiah instead of Emerson and Olivera instead of Nedved.

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

I think everything you said is gone happen tuesday;)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    Must win! We played bad against Palermo.....need to get back to winning ways..... also 6 points in the CL before playing 2 consecutive games against Bayern will boost players confidence.... overall an important match but we must not underestimate our opponents....;)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I personaly think neither Trezeguet nor Zlatan should play. They are our best strikers with 7 goals between them, and IMO they should be rested against Maccabi. I would like to see Zalayera get a chance, as well as Kapo and Appiah. The same defence has played all of the mages so far, and considering that it's going to be a long season, I would rotate them as well. This is what I would like to see:

------------Zalayeta---------

---Del Piero Kapo Camoranesi----

-----Appiah Tacchinardi--------

Zambrotta Montero Tudor Birindelli

--------------Buffon------------

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I personaly think neither Trezeguet nor Zlatan should play. They are our best strikers with 7 goals between them, and IMO they should be rested against Maccabi. I would like to see Zalayera get a chance, as well as Kapo and Appiah. The same defence has played all of the mages so far, and considering that it's going to be a long season, I would rotate them as well. This is what I would like to see:

----------------Zalayeta-------------

----Del Piero Kapo Camoranesi------

-----Appiah Tacchinardi--------

Zambrotta Montero Tudor Birindelli

--------------Buffon------------
    Give Zalayeta a chance?:confused: he prooved himself a longgggggg time ago.. so we know he can play:D.. he's just not better than the 3 strikers we always talk about..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)