[CL] Juventus - Djurgarden (2 Viewers)

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Alright, I've followed the game on the forum and read brief reports. Mostly everyone here wants a 3 man midfield with Nedved playing just behind the strikers. Personally I would like to see this for next game:

...........................................Buffon...............................................

...Zebina.....................Thuram.........Legro..............Zambro..........

..................................Emerson.............Blasi.................................
...Olivera..............................................................Nedved..............

............................................................Del Piero...........................

........................................Trezeguet.............................................

1. I'm not sure if Zebina would be back if not put Birindelli or Pessotto in instead.
2. We all know that Nedved is not a true playmaker and plays a better game on the left. Let him roam more freely because Zambro can push up.
3. Blasi is something special in my opion. I haven't seen him much but he is young and seems restless.
4. Yes, our defense is not that great, but our midfield is not great either. However I have much more faith in Capello than Lippi to put together a midfield that can fire on all cylinders.We should try to work with what we have rather than put together something that cannot work effectively.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Perhaps Capello should consider making Tacchinardi a Central Defender. He has looked bad in midfield all of last year as well as this match. We need help in central defense, so perhaps this is an answer?
that can be really an answer, since tacchi in his early times used to play as defender.

Aug 26, 2003
ok, 2:2 against Djurgarden it is really strange!

I thought that Legro and Co will play better this season but when i read your comments the defense from the last season seems to be back!! so we have to use the same players in the return lag so there is a lot of work for Capello!!

i would go with this formation:

Buffon

Birindelli - Thuram - Zebina - Zambrotta

Olivera - Blasi - Emerson - Nedved

Miccoli - Trezeguet

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
Why the heck is zebina suspended for these games? I am very dissapointed, but haven't lost hope. If anyone has a link to watch this game please post it! I wanna see Juve play.

This is what I wanna see:

Buffon
Biri-Thuram-Legro-Zambro
Oilvera-Emerson-Blasi
Nedved
Trez-DP

I think it's been posted before, but that's the best line-up we can make from our remaining players. Too bad we can't play any new players IFF we sign any.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
Perhaps Capello should consider making Tacchinardi a Central Defender. He has looked bad in midfield all of last year as well as this match. We need help in central defense, so perhaps this is an answer?
that surely can be the answer. keano is tacchi type of player, crazy tackles etc but when he plays in defence he's a rock, nevermind that he's shorter than most of people near him. maybe the same would work for alesio.

looking for a place in a team for you fav players eh? :D so am i.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Tacchinardi has just ruined his entire season with that game against Djurgarden. Can't see him starting the next game.

Stupid, stupid Alessio.... :(.

Jul 3, 2003
Well i really don't know what to say. I saw the game with my friend, who is a fan of Djurgården, and too bad for me he was really happy.

Zambrotta, Emerson and Oliveria all played splended. DP was invicible the first half but played better in the second. Trezeguet was OK, not more.

Legro was a complete disaster, what the hell was he doing on the 0-2 goal?

But pur biggest problem is our attacks. 99% of all the times we won the ball on Djurgårdens half we played it back to the defenders instead of finding room out on the field.

The only really positive thing i can find with this game is that i now will see DP, Trez, Emerson and all the other stars start against Djurgården on the 25 of Augusth. It will without doubt be one of my greatest 90 minutes of life to see them live.

Juvefreak

Aug 25, 2002
I learn again of the match that our defense sucks and that a great Nedved is missing...

So some new players should arrive but that's another point and I won't argue anymore...

Aug 1, 2003
From Juventus.com :

Champions League - 11 Aug 2004 - 11:06 AM

Champions League: bitter debut

Bad luck, a pitch made a swamp by a real downpour, an athletic condition still below their opponents’: there are many reasons why Juventus couldn’t go any further than a 2-2 draw against Djurgarden in the first leg of the Champions League qualifying round. This is not the most exciting result in view of the return leg but it can be satisfying considering the way the game was going. The black&whites had to fight back from two goals.
The Swedish took the lead in the last few seconds of the first half time, thanks to the penalty converted by Johannsson, which had been given after Tacchinardi’s foul on Concha. Then they made it 0-2 four minutes into the second half with the great combination between Concha and Hysen who made into an unstoppable cross pass. Juventus’ reaction does not come late and only one minute later Trezeguet intercepts a pass and scores from a very close range.
At the 7’, Tacchinardi is substituted by Olivera. Capello’s choice couldn’t be better: the Uruguayan midfielder makes the play more dynamic and, at the 14’, he passes a cross to Emerson’s head. The Brazilian midfielder’s timing in the penalty area is perfect and he ensures the draw with the second goal. The time left to win the match turns vain when the rain bursts into a real downpour, eventually balancing out the technical level of the two teams and hindering the black&whites’ play. The final result is 2-2 and Juve has several reasons to complain for but not to be discouraged. In Sweden, on august, 25th, it’s going to be a different story.

Del Piero: "Nothing is lost"

“It’s been a strange match, which took us by surprise, but we have the chance to turn it all over.” Alex Del Piero can hardly realize such an unsuitable result for Juve; on the other hand, too many things went wrong against Djurgarden, starting from an inclement weather that ended up increasing the difference in the athletic condition between the Swedish, in the middle of their season, and the Bianconeri.
“The rain certainly hindered us – told Alex – and it started pouring down right in our best moment and made it impossible to control the ball. They’re in a better physical condition and it showed, however we must not blame either the bad weather or our different condition, all we have to do is work hard and believe more in ourselves.”

Buffon: "Reassuring Reaction"

“When you meet teams that are not that excellent on paper, matches are always harder than expected”. Gianluigi Buffon played great as he’s used to, nevertheless he had to take two balls out of his net. In spite of this, Juve’s number 1 never loses his confidence: “We seized the draw and this is a positive fact.
In two weeks’ time we’ll have a nervous match in Sweden, their defense will be even tighter and it’ll be our turn to lead the game and increase the pace. It won’t be easy but the reaction we had yesterday is reassuring. Fighting back from two goals, in spite of the difficulties, is a sign of a good physical and mental condition.”

Capello: "It's alright"

"I am happy with the result considering the way the game was going”. After the match against Djurgarden, Fabio Capello realistically admits that it could have gone worse: “We were too slow in the first half time and got punished. In the second half time we could make the game faster and impose a higher pace thanks to Olivera and we finally equalise. We could have won if the heavy rain fell hadn’t stopped us, but it’s alright. We’ll get even in Sweden.”
Emerson, scoring his first goal for Juventus, agrees with his coach: "We had to win but we lacked in concentration at the beginning. We’re not 100% yet and we have to work hard, in view of the return leg. Nevertheless, I’m sure we’ll qualify if we face the match more attentively”

ps - btw, reading juventus.com's match report, I can't help that we took a different approach compared to the old site

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
Well this wasn´t a game where you can really blame the defense, the penalty situation had nothing to do with with our defense, that was Tacchi fault completly, there was no need to make that tackle, STUPID!! HE LOOKED LIKE A BEGINNER!.

The first 20-25 minutes of second half was really good, Juve put on lot of pressure and created lots of chances, and Im´sure we would of won hadn´t it not start to rain. Relax people, When Juve raised the pace Djurgården had no chance.

Olivera first 25 minutes was electric, keep this guy! this is exactly what we need to have on the bench in those thight games.

Zambrotta very good.

Emerson was having a good game even if it wasns´t great, but Juve actaully has a central midfeilder who is able to run in to box and play the ball forward :eek:. Emerson is exactly what we need, Decshamps has been replaced!

Miccolli very good, a threat with his pace and of the ball game.

TAcci- as usall. offers nothing in offense and keeps making those crazy tackles. But hey at laest he his the worldchampion when it comes to passing the ball 2 metres to to the left and 3 metres to the right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Del piero, some nice crosses, thats all, but he has no pace in his game whatssoever.

Capello, the early sub of Olivera, positve sign, he didnt´wait until the last 10 minutes ala ltalian style.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

If it's not too much of a hassle would you mind summarising each player's performance? :)
didn't you see the game on Canale 5?
anyway, here's my opinion on the players' performances:

Buffon- he was good and the two goals weren't his fault. He made a very good save in the beginning that saved us from bring 1-0 down.
he controlled his area, but almost caused a goal when he slipped with a Dju's player near him (the rain's fault)

Montero- no big mistakes. maybe you can say he could have prevented Djugarden's second goal.

Legro- like always: most of the game good and solid, but he must do a big error or even two or even three. In the second goal, a Djugarden's player went through him like he was water. another mistake was that he mishandled a long ball. It hit his back and we were lucky that nothing happened.

Thuram- still not the Thuram we used to know. when he joins the attack, he is not as effective as he used to be. His game though was almost clear of mistakes

Zambrotta- as usual, Zambrotta is one of the best in our team. He failed to deliver those great crosses I talked about earlier in this thread. He treid his best, but it didn't work

Tacchinardi- gave Djugarden players too many spaces. caused a very unnecessary penalty... I'm still furious. continued his bad performances from last year

Blasi- No complaints about his performance. He was placed on the wing-middle, but still he did some nice moves that allowed him to cross the ball without any interruptions.

Emerson- again dominating, nice moves, nice ball controlling, even a goal (he almost scored a goal in the first half but the opponent's goalkeeper is very good). He is a great signing, but still it's not enough...

Del Piero- almost completely useless. IMO he was too far from their area. he is no midfielder by any means, and he is almost useless when he is not in the area (anyway he is too slow and sluggish to be a midfielder) I don't remember shots on goall by him, but I may be wrong

Trezeguet- as always he didn't contributed much to the game, and he didn't get any balls either. at least when he got the ball in the midfield, he didn't lost it and immediately passed it right to another player, and then ran forward to position himself and wait for the ball. He was lucky to get the ball in the goal he scored, but the execution was very good, very sharp :thumb:

Miccoli- tried his best, but things didn't work out for him. His attemps were not succesful. He was much more active than Del Piero. The rain completely stopped him and prevented him to do what he is able too

*Olivera- very good! His vision in the game was very good and he almost always foind a player that was free of marking.

*Zalayeta- no opportunities, maybe no time. nothing to comment about

*Biridelli- again nothing to comment about. when he was playing, the rain prevented Djugarden from attacking, and especially in his side, so he didn't have much to do. he was ok though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)