[CL] Juventus - Djurgarden (4 Viewers)

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
On the left-center side, we have Nedved and Kapo + Zambrotta/Olivera who can play there, if necessary. So i think we're ok there too. Unfortunately Nedved and Kapo were both injured yesterday, but they'll be back in the second leg.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I agree with Kweku, the defence wasn't the problem in this particular game. IMO the whole team weren't on their toes for this one and Djurgården took advantage.

Buffon -
didn't do much, no fault in any of the goals.

Zambro 7
Good game as usual, our only real threat in the first half. A few more accurate crossings and we might have got away with a win. Our best player today, kept nagging on the swedes for the whole game on his wing.

Legro 5,5
Solid and aggressive throughout the game, but his usual 2-3 mistakes per game could have cost us more than just 1 goal. Sold himself way too easy against Hysén on the second goal and almost set up a one-on-one for Djurgården when he couldn't find where the ball went on a clearance from the Djurgården defense.

Montero 6
Ok game, not as visible as Legro for both bad and worse.

Thuram 5,5
Didn't have much of a game, looked slow and uninterested. A couple of crosses, all failures. Time to put him central IMO, he's not attacking enough to take the wing. Didn't have that many problems defensively in this game.

Tacchi 4,5
Useless. No creativity, all he did when he had the ball was a sidepass or back to the defense. His tackling is horrendous, mistimed and dangerous. Conceded a penalty with one of those, all for nothing. There wasn't even any danger. Should be sold long ago.

Emerson 6
Slow start, just as everyone else. Many balls went through him in the first half since Tacchi kept giving him the ball as soon as he had it. Looked uninterested and slow in the first half but was still the one who kept it reasonably solid in the middle. Got better as the game went on, passing skills 1000 times of Tacchi's. A goal is always nice.

Blasi 5
Invisible in the first half on his rightwing position, got lots more useful when Tacchi went out and he took a more central position. Nice touch and lots of miles under his feet in this one but couldn't create anything at all.

DP 4,5
Tried a few raids in the first half but is just too slow, didn't threaten at all. Subbed in the second half for Zalayeta, just wasn't his game. Again.

Miccoli 5,5
Ran a lot and wanted to create throughout the game, a few pathetic dives in the penalty area left a sore taste in my mouth though. Lots better than DP and deserves a starting position at Råsunda.

Trez 6
Ok, scored a goal and had another nice finish hit the net in an offside position. His usual self, not part of the buildup but threatened in the area as he should.

Olivera 6,5
Nice! Took control of the buildup when he got on the field, delivered a few nice crosses wich eventually resulted in Emerson's 2-2 goal. If he keep this up he'll be a starting regular in a few months, IMO turned the whole game around when he replaced Tacchi yesterday.

Zalayeta -
Had time for a few nice won headers on set pieces.

Biri -
Did nothing in his five minutes of fame.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I agree with almost everything Nekton. and it's very similar to my comments too.

I have one comment to add:

Djugarden had too much space in the middle of the field. the reason IMO is of course the lacking of midfield players. It may sound nice to have Miccoli, DP, and Trezguet all together in the match, but the price is high: we were one man too short in midfield. 3 man midfield of Blasi Emerson and Tacchinardi is not enough to pressure the Djugarden midfielders.

maybe next time we should think of a thickened midfield in our formation, cause we are letting the opponents to create too many chances, which will cost us the CL ticket

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Or maybe we should replace Tacchi with Appiah, I think the latter will turn out to be the better player in the near future (given a chance that is)

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
once neddy comes we will probably drop miccoli
when neddy comes we are maybe already out of the champions league, i have sutch a bad feeling for the return game..:confused::down:

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Or maybe we should replace Tacchi with Appiah, I think the latter will turn out to be the better player in the near future (given a chance that is)
no way, Appiah is as bad as Tacchinardi in pressuring, or even worse

gray

Apr 22, 2003
once neddy comes we will probably drop miccoli
That's foolish, clearly Del Piero should be the one who's dropped, but I guess I'm used to that by now. Hopefully Capello will be wiser than to blindly play Del Piero ala Lippi
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
no way, Appiah is as bad as Tacchinardi in pressuring, or even worse
Appiah has time to improve, whereas Tacchi hasn't shown any signs of improving any part of his game and looks to be past his prime

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
That's foolish, clearly Del Piero should be the one who's dropped, but I guess I'm used to that by now. Hopefully Capello will be wiser than to blindly play Del Piero ala Lippi
That may be thought of as heresey, but I've gotta hand it to Mancini over at Inter laying down the law with Vieri right now. Sometimes you have to make a hard decision about current form over past greatness.

Capello seems capable of that -- even if half the people on this forum would want to strangle him for pulling DP. But this may fall into the "regrettable but necessary" category.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
That may be thought of as heresey, but I've gotta hand it to Mancini over at Inter laying down the law with Vieri right now. Sometimes you have to make a hard decision about current form over past greatness.
Capello seems capable of that -- even if half the people on this forum would want to strangle him for pulling DP. But this may fall into the "regrettable but necessary" category.
You put it perfectly, it's regrettable but absolutely necessary, and I think the timing of Lippi's departure and Capello's arrival is almost the start of a new era, and a good time to lay down the rules that players who perform well play in matches.
you dont think i know that
Yeah, it was directed more at the situation than you personally :)

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Vieri is just injured. Mancini is a personal friend of Vieri (they played togheter) and Vieri is staying in Inter just cause Mancini is the new coach. So no, that's not an heresey! Just a lil mistake! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)