[CL] Juventus - Djurgarden (2 Viewers)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
:eek::extatic:

This is one of these things I really thought would never happen. Last night I was dreaming about Juventus being drawn against Djurgården. I had to check if I was really awake when I read "Juventus - Djurgården/Kaunas" this afternoon.

This is really one of the greatest moments in my life. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

This is one of these things I really thought would never happen. Last night I was dreaming about Juventus being drawn against Djurgården. I had to check if I was really awake when I read "Juventus - Djurgården/Kaunas" this afternoon.

Hey man, just popped in to congratulate you. You're such a lucky bastard :groan: ;)

Finally there was a chance of Juve coming back to play in Denmark. (they were here in the 80's) but then some arse drew Monaco to play FC København, and the god damn swedes get Juve.

Anyways, hope you have a great time at the game, but try focusing on beating Kaunas first ;)

BTW, if Djurgården go through, will you be rooting for DIF or Juve?

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
what can i say, lucky draw both for me personally and juventus. none of the teams is match for us really. good side is that if juve face kaunas, i'll go and see them live playing only 100km away from my home. in my home town really. blinding :extatic:
Fli - you luck B - just as you wished for man:cheesy:

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
From uefa web site:-

Kaunas head coach Šenderis Giršovicius: "It is difficult for me to imagine that we have a chance to play against famous Juventus. That would be a remarkable event for Lithuanian football."

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We should qualify for the CL easily......its a must...

Inter has a risk, Basel is a pretty good team.....

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

funny, both parties now ae pretty much sure that its THEM who will see juve. now really, i simply cant imagine how kaunas now woulnt go past djurgarden.

nevermind, i wish you swedes would see it. i'm anyway planning to go to turin to catch couple of games in september/october. good luck.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

Fli - you luck B - just as you wished for man:cheesy:

incredible innit. funny thing though, i said i wouldnt accept anything less than juve or celtic. and celtc arent playing in qualification round this time :embarass:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Kaunas head coach Šenderis Giršovicius: "It is difficult for me to imagine that we have a chance to play against famous Juventus. That would be a remarkable event for Lithuanian football."
Well... why do Juventus even have to play the game?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

what do you mean?
If a coach says it's an honour to play against Juventus it's not like he thinks he has a chance of beating them.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004

:touched:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I hope we win, but I don't want to trounce whichever team we face, because complacency is the mother of all ****ups. I hope we scrape through by 1 goal or something like that. Sure, you can say that we need a confidence boost, but we also need to realise that to achieve anything with the current squad, all of our players have to give 110% whether we're playing Milan or Millwall.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
Whoever we face out of these two teams, we will beat comfortably. They're both utter crap, we couldn't have got a better draw. They will face off again tomorrow and I've got my hopes on Djurgården :D

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

If a coach says it's an honour to play against Juventus it's not like he thinks he has a chance of beating them.
ffs, its a lithuanian team. it would the first time in history of lithuanian football that our side progressed to the thrid round of cl qualifiers. and we have been drawn with juve. when everyone knows that there is no chances for us to beat them. if the aggregate result was less than 4-0 it would be a good result. players who often fail to qualify for lithuanian national team would be able to play against the likes of nedved and del piero. they would give their best in that game but lets be real, their reward would be game against juve. and they know it. and whole lithuania knows it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)