[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Barcelona [11th April, 2017] (6 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Great result. Not perfect but not far off. The performance was also very good - fairly clinical at key times, and mostly very good defending. Higuain and Bonucci are the only two who can take a little criticism. Higuain for the misses and Bonucci a couple of times stepped in on Suarez and was very lucky the bounce of the ball didn't make him pay, but both players equally did other very good things. I've come to the conclusion with Higuain is that he needs to instinctively finish, the more time you give him to think and second guess himself and the lesser the chance of a goal.

Tactically we got it just about right, ceded a lot of possession but managed to swamp them around the area. On another day that might have allowed space for a chance that is difficult to defend against but tonight we did our jobs well and got a couple of decent breaks as well.

Key save from Buffon on Iniesta. It was actually a clever finish but that instinct is hard to stop. What else did Buffon have to save? Suarez had a great chance but mostly we defended the right areas.

I fancy we'll score an away goal, and we have to be good enough to see the game out from there. I just don't want us to get into a defensive set up for large parts of the away leg and put pressure on ourselves. That's when you start making mistakes.

Barcelona are terrible in defence, just awful.

Great night.
:agree:
Especially the part about Higuain having too much time. If he had the defender right on him as opposed to having all that space he probably would've scored. Even when he had that chance on the edge of the box he has slightly too much time, over though it and tried to place it in the corner. We've seen Higuain I'm that position with a bit more pressure just put his boot through the ball and get it in the back of the net.

We need to score the first over there, we need to be clinical. It's gonna be a rough ride but we have to punish them every time we can.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm a bit worried for the away match. I hope Allegri doesn't show them too much respect and sits too deep without trying to score.

If we play our own game and take the game to them we should go through but it will be a tough game
DO NOT WORRY.

I'm serious. Don't. Do not show any fear. We will beat Barcelona at Camp Nou too. 1-2 win, never really having problems.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You have to hand it to Allegri regarding Mandzukic. No other coach would have decided to play him in that position. He is far from the typical left winger but he adds such a different dimension to it. He is everywhere. He is left back, forward. Immense.
He adds a lot and goes deeper then before, but Jupp Henyckes already used him similar like this except he was playing on the right side.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Reading last Posts some may think we lost or scored a goal EPL Style but the true is we scored 3 and our best CF missed two sitters so SHUT UP

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
First match this season that left me satisfied. Thrilled, to be exact.

The only negative is that neither of Neymar, Rakitic and Pique got yellowed. As well as Khedira and Mandzukic getting the yellow. Now these two, and Cuadrado, risk a suspension for the semis if they get a yellow in Barcelona. And we will get lots of yellows there.
I'm not going to bitch about the ref but booking Khedira for diving and then not booking Neymar for diving is some wrak shit.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:agree:
Especially the part about Higuain having too much time. If he had the defender right on him as opposed to having all that space he probably would've scored. Even when he had that chance on the edge of the box he has slightly too much time, over though it and tried to place it in the corner. We've seen Higuain I'm that position with a bit more pressure just put his boot through the ball and get it in the back of the net.

We need to score the first over there, we need to be clinical. It's gonna be a rough ride but we have to punish them every time we can.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Pressure is on for the second leg, it's ours to lose from this point. I'm not sure if the PSG turnaround is a position of strength for Barcelona or Juventus, tbh. You know how casual we can get when we have an advantage.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The Swedish commentators said that the situation where Khedira got a yellow card is in fact TWO penalty situations, one on Khedira and the other on Chiellini

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Pressure is on for the second leg, it's ours to lose from this point. I'm not sure if the PSG turnaround is a position of strength for Barcelona or Juventus, tbh. You know how casual we can get when we have an advantage.
:agree: I can't see us getting casual against Barca tbh

So Khedira and Mandzukic are one yellow away from suspension? Obviously Cuadrado is. Hard to see those guys not missing a game if we get through.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I must say Im very happy with the result we got but honestly we didnt put an amazing performance - We did well but we were not perfect!
We should have got the 4th as the ref stole one from us for an incorrect offside decision.
Bonucci was far from his best and was outsmarted by Suarez at times
We did allow them few chances which we need to try to avoid giving them in the 2nd leg
Pressuring them all over the pitch is definitely the way to play against them and we should come to Barca to pressure them instead of parking the bus

Anyway with 3-0 I see us as hot favorites to go through as I believe we wont make PSG`s mistakes

P.S if we score 1 goal Barcelona will need 5 goals to qualify!

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I must say Im very happy with the result we got but honestly we didnt put an amazing performance - We did well but we were not perfect!
We should have got the 4th as the ref stole one from us for an incorrect offside decision.
Bonucci was far from his best and was outsmarted by Suarez at times
We did allow them few chances which we need to try to avoid giving them in the 2nd leg
Pressuring them all over the pitch is definitely the way to play against them and we should come to Barca to pressure them instead of parking the bus

Anyway with 3-0 I see us as hot favorites to go through as I believe we wont make PSG`s mistakes

P.S if we score 1 goal Barcelona will need 5 goals to qualify!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)