[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Barcelona [11th April, 2017] (5 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Brilliant performance from everyone, tactics and mentality on point and were it not for the bullshit calls from this referee we might have seen double digits in goals. I counted 10 in the first and 18 in the second and let's not forget the three situations where Neymar could have been booked but we all know the immunity. Now enough nagging about the referee and let's praise the players for an outstanding performance, we turned off too little during the match and when we did we did it in turns so there was always some who were aware. I will give credit to Allegri for that for saving energy the entire match. And I have to re-emphasize on that minute where Buffon made an outstanding save followed by a wonderful goal.

Buffon 7.5

Dani Alves 7
Bonucci 7
Chiellini 8
Alex Sandro 7.5

Pjanic 7
Khedira 7

Cuadrado 8
Dybala 8.5
Mandzukic 7

Higuain 6.5

Lemina 6
Rincon 6
Barzagli 6.5
That save changed the game. Imagine if it went to 1-1, same with his save on Suarez. Incredible.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Where are all the people scared of Barca?

What a game. Beautiful. Top match from pretty much everyone.
I really think we can do better. I personally am happy that the right Juve turned up. Surprised that most cheered for Juve in the sports bar i was at.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
You have to hand it to Allegri regarding Mandzukic. No other coach would have decided to play him in that position. He is far from the typical left winger but he adds such a different dimension to it. He is everywhere. He is left back, forward. Immense.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Great result. Not perfect but not far off. The performance was also very good - fairly clinical at key times, and mostly very good defending. Higuain and Bonucci are the only two who can take a little criticism. Higuain for the misses and Bonucci a couple of times stepped in on Suarez and was very lucky the bounce of the ball didn't make him pay, but both players equally did other very good things. I've come to the conclusion with Higuain is that he needs to instinctively finish, the more time you give him to think and second guess himself and the lesser the chance of a goal.

Tactically we got it just about right, ceded a lot of possession but managed to swamp them around the area. On another day that might have allowed space for a chance that is difficult to defend against but tonight we did our jobs well and got a couple of decent breaks as well.

Key save from Buffon on Iniesta. It was actually a clever finish but that instinct is hard to stop. What else did Buffon have to save? Suarez had a great chance but mostly we defended the right areas.

I fancy we'll score an away goal, and we have to be good enough to see the game out from there. I just don't want us to get into a defensive set up for large parts of the away leg and put pressure on ourselves. That's when you start making mistakes.

Barcelona are terrible in defence, just awful.

Great night.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
First match this season that left me satisfied. Thrilled, to be exact.

The only negative is that neither of Neymar, Rakitic and Pique got yellowed. As well as Khedira and Mandzukic getting the yellow. Now these two, and Cuadrado, risk a suspension for the semis if they get a yellow in Barcelona. And we will get lots of yellows there.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
You have to hand it to Allegri regarding Mandzukic. No other coach would have decided to play him in that position. He is far from the typical left winger but he adds such a different dimension to it. He is everywhere. He is left back, forward. Immense.
Exactly. He's a huge kunt and I absolutely love him for that.

brb talk smack all the time and fukk with other players heads
brb hustle and bustle for 95 mins non stop
brb throw in a nice assist every once in a while
brb lunge into tackles constantly
brb break up play constantly by making others foul him
brb throw a cheeky elbow every once in a while to fukk up Roberto and Messi
brb leg cramp in the final minutes so the defense can rest and regroup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)