[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Barcelona [11th April, 2017] (53 Viewers)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I do watch, Pjaca and Mandzo are incentive. Serie Juve, sorry A, is different to CL though where you were held at home by Lyonor Sevilla.
And you lost away to Man Shitty and PSG.

- - - Updated - - -

It's exactly one of the reasons why I am confident.

Other is Juve style of play which suits us.
What do you mean style suits us? Again, do you watch games? We play 4 attacking players in lineup. We have offensive fullbacks. You think your going to get some team sit back 90 mins?

Mar 1, 2016
And you lost away to Man $#@!ty and PSG.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean style suits us? Again, do you watch games? We play 4 attacking players in lineup.
Yeah, but I never made a case of Barca being unbeatable like many Juve fans are making based off Serie A only.

Only thing I am concerned about is us missing Busquets or more precisely, possibilty of Andre Gomes replacing him in lineup.

Remember, same Gomes, Juve were after.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I am confident it'll be a slow match with both teams being careful.

We remember Paris and your team can't ad won't really press that well.
Barca's team, apart from their attack, are really mediocre to bad those days. The goalkeeper-defence-midfield is the 5th or 6th best between the remaining CL teams. Without Xavi and Alves, with an ageing Iniesta, Masche and Pique and an inconsistent Rakitic, you really have difficulties creating play and feeding the attack. The attack, are still maybe the best 3-man attack we have ever seen, but even those seem to be lacking something these days.

With the current Barca, the plan is straightforward. Not easy but straightforward. Press high. Isolate the attack or make them drop deep to get the ball, so they are far from our goal. There is a very very concrete plan there. The other 3 strong teams remaining are way more balanced and multidimensional than Barca right now.

Don't take Paris as an example. They are inexperienced in big CL games (coach and players). Something like this would have never happened with Juve/Bayern/Real/Atleti.

I don't say the task in hand is easy. Don't get me wrong. But there is a really concrete and straightforward plan to follow. I would be way less confident if I were you.

Mar 1, 2016
And you lost away to Man $#@!ty and PSG.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean style suits us? Again, do you watch games? We play 4 attacking players in lineup. We have offensive fullbacks. You think your going to get some team sit back 90 mins?
If you read my posts you'd see I said Juve can't press that well. Another thing is Max knows he held Real at Bernabéu and won't overcommit in first leg.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
No it's not crazy. Being a coach means you should also have an alternative solution. Some kind of plan B. A change in case of and injury. You shouldn't go all in and at some point find yourself $#@!ed.

Since we converted to 4-2-3-1, we have been really thin in attack. Since Pjaca got injured (who Allegri trusted a lot from his comments) we have literally no attacking subs.

Allegri decided to keep this formation no matter how thin we might be. Fair enough. But now we have to really be careful. We have a lot of games to play and 3 fronts to compete.

So, what are our possible relatively good attacking alternatives? Pjanic as an AMC, Alves as a AMR, Sandro as an AML. I won't even put on the table Lemina or Sturaro as wingers, none wants to see stuff like this with Barca.

Alves is not very influential as an AMR these days (maybe Allegri also sees some psychological advantages in starting him). Pjanic on the bench is not a very good idea, he has become the centre of the team and a good free kick taker in such a tight match is always a good thing to have. Sandro is the only one who can come in fresh and create havoc. Or in case of an injury come in and not lose a lot in terms of quality. Maybe he is 100% sure that Mandzu can't last long. We don't know exactly.

Do you think that Allegri thinks Asamoah is better as a LB? I really doubt it. But since we are continuing with 4-2-3-1, we have to expect stuff like this and Stu/Lemina as wingers in league games and a lot of energy conservation. We can't do 7 (league) + 5 (CL best case) + 1 (cup) games with 4 guys, 2 of which are 29 and 30, playing every minute.

For me the best change in our situation would be to change to some kind of 4-3-3 (relatively good midfield with Marchisio back and 1 sub in attack). But fortunately, I am not the coach of Juve. So, in Max we trust..
This only enhances chances of needing a plan B, it makes no sense.

And if this is the train of thought, I'd rather have Asa + Sandro on the left, as a LW, with Mandzukic on the bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)