[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Barcelona [11th April, 2017] (4 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I saw the highlights from the Barca game. They look disconnected, slow and without any clear idea of what they are trying to do. Based way too much on individual brilliance and waiting for something to happen.

Us on the other side, although I have serious concerns about our tiredness pilling up and our lack of alternatives for our attacking options, we always seem to have a plan. Have a clear idea of what we're trying to do and try to execute it as a team.

I really want to beat them in an era defining fashion. To do a bold statement: "the king is dead, long live the king". To give the next generations something to remember and talk about like we grew up with that Zalayeta goal.

Forza Juve..

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I saw the highlights from the Barca game. They look disconnected, slow and without any clear idea of what they are trying to do. Based way too much on individual brilliance and waiting for something to happen.

Us on the other side, although I have serious concerns about our tiredness pilling up and our lack of alternatives for our attacking options, we always seem to have a plan. Have a clear idea of what we're trying to do and try to execute it as a team.

I really want to beat them in an era defining fashion. To do a bold statement: "the king is dead, long live the king". To give the next generations something to remember and talk about like we grew up with that Zalayeta goal.

Forza Juve..
Glad to have your professional scouting report

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
did you hear that Pepe got injured vs Atletico? Varane was already injured from before so theyll likely field Nacho-Ramos vs you guys

Nacho is Real Madrids best CB (defensively) right now so I don't know how it will affect anything really. He's played way better than Pepe and Varane and has the most apps out of all Real Madrids CBs.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I hate the way we defend with this two banks of four. I think we get drawn out of shape a lot easier nowadays. The RM and LM don't have a good understanding with the RB and LB on who to mark, when to double etc. Sometimes Alves is in midfield and Cuadrado is at RB ffs. Then the two CMs shift too much laterally sometimes. I much prefer 5 across the midfield. The extra player in the centre makes a big difference.

I don't think we defended well against Napoli and they play a similar setup with their threats on the wing and constant movement in and out of the spaces.

Atletico succeeds with this 4-4-2 defensively but their two strikers make it like a 4-6-0 as they sit right on top of the CMs so in the end it's different.

I expect us to concede a couple goals but I think we can score a couple as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)