[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur [February 13th 2018] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Higuain

• Pjanic

• D. Costa

• Chiellini

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
I dont believe we can win again lmao
if you have a 2 goal advantage over a team in 10 minutes
and you end up 2-2 at your HOME
you will fuck up in away
obviously as always curva sud was fucking shit
no chants for team
no pressure on opponent
RIP us , champions league will be remembered.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
They arent Bayern.

We need to go there with the right mentality. At least this result means we wont go there to sit in defence 90 mins.

We need to take our chances better. Missed a pen and open goal.
They weren't Bayern but they dominated our ass in Turin.

They missed many chances as well, though. Not only that, but what we scored was rather luck, unlike their side.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Now that the shouting and venting is done, I'd like to look back at the game and see what happened.

I reckon its on Allegri, and mostly because he got outmanouvered by Pochettino.

Everyone expected spurs to play with Son in their usual sort of 4-2-2-2 with Kane and Son up top in line with our last line.

If that had been the case, the experiment with costa that we tried in the fiorentina game would have allowed us to get him the ball in the middle and drive forward.

But Poch played Lamela instead and he played further back and centrally overloading the middle, combining with dembele, erickson and alli.

This negated Allegri's move and checkmated him. This resulted in our midfiled line being pushed further back and eliminated our out ball.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We have been knocked out by Arsenal, Pool, Chelsea, United in the last decade or so in CL

Spurs next to complete the EPL grandslam? :beppe:

Let's remember this isn't the first time Allegri has been knocked out by Spurs

Dox28

Aug 31, 2015
Well, at least no one still can beat us in knockout rounds in 90 min under Allegri.

I am sure Max has something in mind for return leg. I believe in this team. We can definitely pull this off and beat them. Forza

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
They weren't Bayern but they dominated our ass in Turin.

They missed many chances as well, though. Not only that, but what we scored was rather luck, unlike their side.
That is bs. First Higuain goal was worked out combination from training.

I can say the same about Tottenham. Kane goal was luck because we fucked up our offside trap. And the freekick was luck cause it was badly set up wall and error from Buffon.

Stop this bs. We didnt score from luck.

We should have scored more though. Like i said, it could have been 4-1 HT.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
No doubt about that.

Either way they were a much better side tonight and sadly it was a match in Italy. In England I could see things do only worse and I surely don't see us attacking there.
A part of me thinks this will go to ET and we win on away goals. It's going to be incredibly tough but I'm still somewhat optimistic. The return leg would be a thrilling match for sure.

We just need to avoid unforced errors like last night.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #834
    If we go and play with 2 mids again we will be overrun.

I said yesterday we would lose the battle in midfield. Same rule applies

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Well we wont play 2 man midfield if Matuidi returns.

I also think this isnt done yet. We almost kicked Bayern out with half of attackers out injured.

Matuidi will improve our midfield and Dybala if he returns will maybe by then be in that CL form phase to actually deliver again.

The fact we need to go there and attack can be advantage. If we had won yesterday we would have gone there and sit deep all game.

Ironically we should not take early lead in England though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this 2 man midfield....we played 3 man midfield yesterday, just that Berna is not CM and Khedira was useless so it was almost 1.5 man midfield yesterday.

SpursBoy

Dec 12, 2017
    Well guys and girls back in England after a few days in Turin.

Not going to be smug but now you know what Tottenham are about, never give in and fight to the end, play out from the back and build to attack.

Now I know you lot don't rate the EPL but hope you may have to change you mind now.

We came to your ground, gave you a 2-0 start in side 9 minutes, although I still think the first goal was offside (but swings and roundabouts), then basically controlled the game. You had no answer for Dembele who run the game in the first half and Alli, Eriksen and Lamella caused your defence problems the whole game. Kane will always score as that what Harry does.

Luckily for us Aurier will miss the 2nd Leg as your boys on the Left gave him a torrid time and he was out of position too many time, Trippier will be more controlled and will not allow your Left the space Aurier did. Also Alderweireld will be back and as I have mentioned before he is probably the best CB in the PL.

Interesting stats: Successful passes in oppositions half Tottenham top 2 were Dembele 73, Eriksen 59, Juve top 2 were Pjanic 10 Sandro 10. Think as the away team we had something like 67% of the possession, didn't expect that.

Tie is not over we still have to win it at Wembley where we will have 80,000 of our fans cheering us on, thought your crowd were poor last night as they didn't get behind your team when they needed it.

Anyway need any info about London and travel in London let me know, be happy to help

COYS

Mar 10, 2009
    Well guys and girls back in England after a few days in Turin.

Not going to be smug but now you know what Tottenham are about, never give in and fight to the end, play out from the back and build to attack.

Now I know you lot don't rate the EPL but hope you may have to change you mind now.

We came to your ground, gave you a 2-0 start in side 9 minutes, although I still think the first goal was offside (but swings and roundabouts), then basically controlled the game. You had no answer for Dembele who run the game in the first half and Alli, Eriksen and Lamella caused your defence problems the whole game. Kane will always score as that what Harry does.

Luckily for us Aurier will miss the 2nd Leg as your boys on the Left gave him a torrid time and he was out of position too many time, Trippier will be more controlled and will not allow your Left the space Aurier did. Also Alderweireld will be back and as I have mentioned before he is probably the best CB in the PL.

Interesting stats: Successful passes in oppositions half Tottenham top 2 were Dembele 73, Eriksen 59, Juve top 2 were Pjanic 10 Sandro 10. Think as the away team we had something like 67% of the possession, didn't expect that.

Tie is not over we still have to win it at Wembley where we will have 80,000 of our fans cheering us on, thought your crowd were poor last night as they didn't get behind your team when they needed it.

Anyway need any info about London and travel in London let me know, be happy to help

COYS

You guys were lucky, it was 11 vs 10. I'd take 10 Auriers over Khedira. But yeah as far as I am concerned the tie is over, congratulations.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
    Jul 27, 2015
    That is bs. First Higuain goal was worked out combination from training.

I can say the same about Tottenham. Kane goal was luck because we $#@!ed up our offside trap. And the freekick was luck cause it was badly set up wall and error from Buffon.

Stop this bs. We didnt score from luck.
    We should have scored more though. Like i said, it could have been 4-1 HT.
    Well we wont play 2 man midfield if Matuidi returns.

I also think this isnt done yet. We almost kicked Bayern out with half of attackers out injured.
    Matuidi will improve our midfield and Dybala if he returns will maybe by then be in that CL form phase to actually deliver again.

The fact we need to go there and attack can be advantage. If we had won yesterday we would have gone there and sit deep all game.

Ironically we should not take early lead in England though.

:tup:

I totally agree with your point of view, that is more or less the exact same way i see it aswell atm.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
    No doubt about that.

Either way they were a much better side tonight and sadly it was a match in Italy. In England I could see things do only worse and I surely don't see us attacking there.
    They were good at playing the till they wanted to reach our penalty area. The only real chance they got was the Kane's header. First goal was a counter after Khedira lost the ball on our own half and the second one was a set piece. I agree they were better than us yesterday but I don't think they can play better than yesterday whereas we can't play worse than yesterday. We had 6 players out injured and three of them you can say have cemented a place in starting 11, Matuidi, Dybala and Cuadrado. These players coming back gives us much more alternatives.

You don't see us attacking them? Mind you we wiped the floor with Bayern two years ago on their turf in the first half going 2:0 up. And Tottenham ain't Bayern, that's for sure. Saying that we have 5% chance of progressing is just a stupid thing to say. I agree Spurs are the favorites now but it's 60:40 at most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)