[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Real Madrid (Nov. 5th 2013) (4 Viewers)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
be it against a very poor sevilla and rayo side, rayo even scored 2 goals today :lol:
Well, Bale is not really to blame for the 2 conceded goals. ;) But yeah, they are never going to get a clean sheet when they play Di Maria, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema at the same time while Modric and Alonso are supposed to be their defensive midfielders. It's incredibly unbalanced. Unfortunately, Ancelotti is probably smart enough to reinforce their midfield against us like last time.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if anyone feels like reading a thorough analysis of our previous game against Real, then look here: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/10/24/real-madrid-2-1-juventus-real-take-the-victory-but-fail-to-impress/

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Caceres-Barza-Bonucci-Ogbonna

This is our back four according to GDS, please discuss.

Also Howard Webb as the ref, prepare to be screwed again, he's an absolute joke.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Caceres-Barza-Bonucci-Ogbonna

This is our back four according to GDS, please discuss.

Also Howard Webb as the ref, prepare to be screwed again, he's an absolute joke.
Pretty much as I've expected. After the Real game, where we played really well and left little room for Madrid to exploit, back 4 is the only logical solution to use.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I do not trust this bonucci-ogbonna

despite a few fuck ups on his own part, chiello helped out ogbonna A LOT vs di maria. don't think bonucci can do the same.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I think Asamoah will be important to bring off the bench, same with Giovinco. Two players who are very quick when other players start to tire.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I really want Peluso at LB,

at least he knows how to play it properly and will offer something in attack
He's good against modest Serie A sides, but for Madrid we need more firmness at the back and Conte's choice of using Ogbonna there is understandable. He won't offer much up front, but his physical presence will make things more difficult for Madrid even though I would use Asamoah and move Ogbonna to the center.

Nov 17, 2012
I thought about this lately and Conte did play him there in the 1st game. Could be a good option.

Caceres Barza Ogbonna Asamoah

I don't agree with playing Asah there.. I would like to see him tested as a LB to see if he can adapt to the position, and get the hang of a more defensive role; however, a crucially important 2nd leg clash with a team like Real is not a time to get too cray cray. I don't mind if when the chips are down that the coach throws out the textbook and pulls something unconventional and somewhat unusual out of the hat. However, there are limits; had Asamoah had game time at LB I would be in favour, but he's never played there (certainly not with us). We need to play either Peluso or Ogbonna there, no question. I don't want to see us get torn a new @rseh0le because our left side gets absolutely demolished, as a result of us going irrationally experimental and compromising the remainder of our CL campaign.

We have to go into this game with an attacking-winning mentality. We must beat Madrid not only for the 3 points, but also be denying them any points they'll be forced to come out and play against both Galatasaray and Copenhagen. I mean a draw wouldn't be the end of the world, however, I would rather see us go for Real's jugular and win ourselves 3 points.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't agree with playing Asah there.. I would like to see him tested as a LB to see if he can adapt to the position, and get the hang of a more defensive role; however, a crucially important 2nd leg clash with a team like Real is not a time to get too cray cray. I don't mind if when the chips are down that the coach throws out the textbook and pulls something unconventional and somewhat unusual out of the hat. However, there are limits; had Asamoah had game time at LB I would be in favour, but he's never played there (certainly not with us). We need to play either Peluso or Ogbonna there, no question. I don't want to see us get torn a new @rseh0le because our left side gets absolutely demolished, as a result of us going irrationally experimental and compromising the remainder of our CL campaign.
While I would in other circumstances agree with you that he definitely should be more tested before making such a move, you're forgetting that he played as LB in a few games and most recently against Real, our next opponent. Such a bold move however unconventional it might seem at first, is for consideration as this might be our last chance for achieving anything notable in Europe this year. I can't see that he would get destroyed there. If anything, defensive aspect of his game was always commendable. I'd be more worried with Bonucci in the center than Asamoah.

Nov 17, 2012
While I would in other circumstances agree with you that he definitely should be more tested before making such a move, you're forgetting that he played as LB in a few games and most recently against Real, our next opponent. Such a bold move however unconventional it might seem at first, is for consideration as this might be our last chance for achieving anything notable in Europe this year. I can't see that he would get destroyed there. If anything, defensive aspect of his game was always commendable. I'd be more worried with Bonucci in the center than Asamoah.
I see your point, only that, when has he ever played as a dedicated LB? and I don't mean his usual LM/LWB position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)