[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Galatasaray (October 2, 2013) (65 Viewers)

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Drop Bonucci from the starting eleven

Buffon
Licht-Barz-Chiellini-Ogbonna
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
---Tevez
Llorente-Quag/Vucinic

Do it now or get the $#@! out
you would play Ogbonna as RB? I was thinking of converting Asamoah into that player but our formations are similar other than that

- - - Updated - - -

molinaro>>>>>>>>>isla
Isla shouldn't be on this team, he belongs at the park league, he's just simply horrid, i don't know Conte insists in playing him. I love Conte but he's one stubborn SOB !

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Terrible stuff.

Isla, Pogba, and Bonucci were just plain awful.

Our backline is constantly letting us down big time.

Jul 20, 2012
you would play Ogbonna as RB? I was thinking of converting Asamoah into that player but our formations are similar other than that

- - - Updated - - -

Isla shouldn't be on this team, he belongs at the park league, he's just simply horrid, i don't know Conte insists in playing him. I love Conte but he's one stubborn SOB !

You read it the wrong way.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #787
    I think we'll get through the group, and I think we'll take at least one point from Real. Our problem is playing against teams that park the bus and catch us on the counter, when we have a bit more space and when we're fired up we can play some god footbal, and I think that's what will happen.

In any case its not nearly over, but COnte needs to do something soon.
    :lol2:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Mancini: 'It wasn't a penalty'
    By Football Italia staff

Roberto Mancini feels Galatasaray would have won had Juventus not been given a penalty that was “shall we say strange....”

The ex-Inter Coach smiled ruefully on the touchline when the referee pointed to the spot for a challenge on Fabio Quagliarella. At the time his side was 1-0 up, then went 2-1 down only to snatch a 2-2 draw at the death.

“I got to know my players a bit more, as I didn’t know all of them well. I knew this would be a tough game because Juventus are a great squad,” Mancini told Sky Sport Italia just two days after taking over from Fatih Terim.

“We fell back physically in the second half, so this team needs to work and we’ll have time for that on the break for international duty.

“It was a strange game, as Juve went behind and they were awarded a penalty that was, shall we say, strange? I think without that they would not have been able to score tonight. I don’t think it was a penalty.”

Didier Drogba opened the scoring and set up the second for Galatasaray in Turin.

“Drogba was incredible and in all honesty I didn’t expect him to play like this. He was extraordinary. I couldn’t do much in two days, so I have so far tried to learn the names of the players and bring a little organisation in.

“I don’t think this is the best Juventus, as shown by their recent struggles, but that’s normal for a team that has won everything in two years. They also face teams that are more closed down and block the spaces.

“We had decided to sit back and wait for them to ensure we wouldn’t leave space behind the defence, as we knew Juve liked long passes with Andrea Pirlo over the top.

“The first half went well, but after the break we lost something in terms of stamina and Juve were able to pin us back more.”

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007
    3-5-2 really boring.Conte must change our tactic to 4-3-3.gs had 2 shots and 2 goals.this is unbelievable.Llorente,Quag,Isla is not on Juve level.and Bonucci :sergio: .oops... right..we don't have money to sign top players.okay.

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
    Aug 5, 2008
    Statistics from Uefa.com, again just like in Copenhagen and at home to Verona, we are very unlucky, opposition seem to be very clinical these days, all be it a poor error from Bonucci, Finally get our first penalty of the season, but again luck plays a part, Ac Milan always get lucky with late penaltys to bail them out, while the opposition seem to be Messi and Ronaldo at their clinical best against us.

Much more possession, 11 corners to zero, so many more shots and shots on target, Conte's team must have had the most shots this Champions League match day for the second match day in a row, yet no luck......

Attachments

May 22, 2007
    Much different game to Copenhagen, a lot of those shots were from range or were off target. Muslera wasn't keeping them alive, collective organisation was.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    Not if they lose against Madrid again.

Edit: Or even Juve. This group is still way open.
    Its still quite shameful that we are already in need of some other results go in our favor apart from our results.

Real Madrid are on a whole another level.I have every right to be pessimistic.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Statistics from Uefa.com, again just like in Copenhagen and at home to Verona, we are very unlucky, opposition seem to be very clinical these days, all be it a poor error from Bonucci, Finally get our first penalty of the season, but again luck plays a part, Ac Milan always get lucky with late penaltys to bail them out, while the opposition seem to be Messi and Ronaldo at their clinical best against us.

Much more possession, 11 corners to zero, so many more shots and shots on target, Conte's team must have had the most shots this Champions League match day for the second match day in a row, yet no luck......
    Corners don't mean shit because we are the worst corner t takers by a long shot. We might as well forfeit the corners we get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)