[CL] JUVENTUS 2-2 Galatasaray (October 2, 2013) (35 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
obviously we are conserving it alll to when we play the mighty sassulo. in that game we will play a 8-2-0 in order to have any chance againt their mighty attack

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
This game has a draw written all over it..

It is going to be the same as last year: Draw away to Nordsjælland = FCK, and draw home to Shaktar = against Gala tomorrow.

Our problem is creating 1on1 scoring opportunities.
Our tactics are too slow and predictable, and Mancini knows how to defend against us = park the bus.

I will be very surprised, if we manage to score more than 1 goal - If so, it will be random goals from set-pieces/long shots/deflections.
I am not a fan of 3-5-2, but we don´t have the players to play 4-3-3, optimally.

However, if we improve our attacking positioning and counter attacks, I am sure we can reach the quarters in CL like last year.

Anyhow, we will draw tomorrow, but we can/will salvage that result home against Real and away against Gala - Just like CL last year.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
This game has a draw written all over it..

It is going to be the same as last year: Draw away to Nordsjælland = FCK, and draw home to Shaktar = against Gala tomorrow.

Our problem is creating 1on1 scoring opportunities.
Our tactics are too slow and predictable, and Mancini knows how to defend against us = park the bus.

I will be very surprised, if we manage to score more than 1 goal - If so, it will be random goals from set-pieces/long shots/deflections.
I am not a fan of 3-5-2, but we don´t have the players to play 4-3-3, optimally.

However, if we improve our attacking positioning and counter attacks, I am sure we can reach the quarters in CL like last year.

Anyhow, we will draw tomorrow, but we can/will salvage that result home against Real and away against Gala - Just like CL last year.
A draw would be disastrous here and would probably jeopardize our chances for qualification.Real Madrid are on a whole another level to that crap Chelsea team of last year and there's a big possibility we lose both games or get just one point from those games.Its not as easy as you think.A win is of perennial importance here and if we make a slow start like last season putting our qualification chances until the last CL day,then chances of making the last 16 decreases drastically.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
A draw would be disastrous here and would probably jeopardize our chances for qualification.Real Madrid are on a whole another level to that crap Chelsea team of last year and there's a big possibility we lose both games or get just one point from those games.Its not as easy as you think.A win is of perennial importance here and if we make a slow start like last season putting our qualification chances until the last CL day,then chances of making the last 16 decreases drastically.
I agree, it will be VERY difficult to qualify further if we don´t win tomorrow, but I still think we will draw..
I hope I will be proven wrong by a motivated Juve team, but even so, our tactics still seems too slow and predictable.

Gala should not be underestimated, and I believe Mancini will park the bus and focus on counter attacks which has been our nemisis so far this season - But also last season.
I don´t see us changing away from 3-5-2 since we have the players for it, and because Conte has used only that formation for more than a year.
(Maybe the change in formation in the last 15 min against Torino is a sign on otherwise, but I highly doubt it).
Therefore, we must improve our slow and predictable attacking play, if we want to qualify further in CL.

TBH, I am not sure how we can improve upon this, but to me, our pressing, attacking positioning, and motivation can/must be better, even if we keep playing 3-5-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)