[CL] JUVENTUS 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (February 24th, 2015) (22 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If we can get through this round and Barza returns to form for the QFs, and Vidal can raise his form even just a little, I think we can compete with anyone left. If this doesn't happen, we're still a step below the top few teams.
No matter what happens, we showed that we can play with one of the best teams in the competition and beat them in a fair game. Important for morale and experience of the team. Might be paving road for future success.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We won 2-1, not 5-0. One game at a time. :p
Oh I know. That's why I said, dependent on Barza and Vidal. With Tevez and Morata establishing a partnership, Pogba getting better and better, Marchisio looking very solid as a DM, and Bonucci making less and less mistakes. If Barza and Vidal can get back to top form, we're a fantastic team.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not with this current team. I was more referring to the hypothetical that Vidal returns to form, and Barzagli solidifies the backline alongside Bonucci. IF that happens, we're a very very good team.
We are.

But something is wrong with Vidal really.

And secondly, even if all are fit and on top of their form I don't think we can handle Bayern, Barca and Chelsea. Others, yeah.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What a great match and it's even good that we rose to the occasion. I didn't like our approach at the beginning but it was giving fruit until that unnecessary attempt from Chiellini to gift them a goal. Right after our mentality got broken and Dortmund were all over us, doing mistakes all over the place and the team looked completely broken. Once Pirlo got injured and Pereyra got in, it took us a few minutes to find our new shape and we adjusted, reacted and took the leading goal. The second half we were much better but when you have players like Vidal in his current form, Lichtsteiner in his clumsy attitude and Evra doing almost nothing, it is a good result to go to Germany with. I have a strong feeling that we will start with a 3-5-2 in the return leg which might be what we need to go through.

Buffon 6.5

Lichtsteiner 5.5
Bonucci 7
Chiellini 5.5
Evra 5.5

Vidal 5
Pirlo 6
Marchisio 7
Pogba 6

Tevez 7
Morata 7.5

Pereyra 6.5 almost got us a comfortable lead @CrimsonianKing
Padoin N.R
Coman N.R

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
icemaη;4834111 said:
Dortmund had their first chance of the game because of Pirlo's fooling around and subsequent misplaced pass. Then he went on to completely mi$#@! a header. A couple of other moments as well where he was poor defensively. He wasn't as awful has he has been in recent games though.
Simply not true.Do not expect Pirlo to be MArchisio defensively .He was good today.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
A 0:0 would've been better...we usually suck
when we know a draw is gonna be enouh
to reach the next round.
Still i dont see us NOT scoring against
That joke of a backline Dortmund offers.

Chiello though. :vdp:
...if BonBon would do that -> MELTDOWN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)