[CL] JUVENTUS 2-1 Borussia Dortmund (February 24th, 2015) (67 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I'd play Pereyra over pirlo on current form. lichsteiner has been so bad lately. caceres can cross the ball.
Probable Borussia Dortmund lineup: Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer; Gundogan, Sahin; Kampl, Mkhitaryan, Reus; Aubameyang
Probable Juventus lineup: Buffon; caceres , Bonucci, Chiellini, Evra; Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio; Vidal; Tevez, Morata.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
thats the strongest we have at the moment
Vidal out of position is not strong.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate this formation so much.

It's not even funny how easy it is to press us when all our players are in the centre of the pitch. Hopefully we play some strong catenaccio and have a 100% chance conversion rate like against Celtic.
Me too, I can't stand this formation and it doesn't make sense with Pirlo in it because he drops back between and Bonucci. We tend to see Pogba drift to the flank and get stuck there, Vidal lost behind the strikers offering almost nothing forward and mostly Lichtsteiner and Evra who strictly defend because of Pogba and Marchisio/Vidal drifting wide.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Feeling good about this game. Vidal Lichtsteiner and Pirlo are gonna put in beast performances and Tevez is going to find and exploit all the holes in their defence like a shark smelling blood.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

It's not even funny how easy it is to press us when all our players are in the centre of the pitch. Hopefully we play some strong catenaccio and have a 100% chance conversion rate like against Celtic.
Do you remember how easy it was to press our 352? Do you remember the about 100 BonBon to Gigi passes per game?
No matter how Bad the 4312 is, it's still a step forward.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
If it was away game first, we probably defended all game and shipped for example 1 goal and got troubles scoring goals at home.
I like we play at home first. This way we come out attack Dortmund. Of course Allegri will have a solution for their counter attack.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
People got mad at Pereyra for almost assisting Pogba who missed a header from the goalline.

Maldeika

Apr 4, 2013
Kampl probably is out for tomorrows match because he is sick and has not attended the traing.

If you are smart you play out long balls from the back to get out of their pressing. And their defense recently was very shaky...

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Tbh I'd never field Pirlo against Dortmund, despite his legend status.

I'd rather play Pereyra as a MC and Marchisio as DM.
That's what I'd do as well.

It's like you forgot how we struggled under pressure with the 352. It was even worse and it was actually easier to shut us down with only 2 CFs upfront. It happened in Europe pretty much all the time.

If Pereyra plays i'm almost sure we'll win.
:lol: :D

Overall I'm very surprised there are so many people so confident about the result. Despite Dortmund's ups and downs I still think it's a very close tie with Dortmund being the slight favorites (55% - 45%). Yeah they suck this season but we were far from convincing in Europe so far. My biggest worry is actually the attack - we score very little and tend to concede in pretty much every game due to bad organization or individual errors. If Tevez and Pogba don't rise their game we're fucked I think. We have to put at least 2 goals and win in Turin because in Dortmund we'll face a very difficult game which we're very unlikely to win.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011

Absolutely this.

The lack of width - which goes on for 4 years now - really hurts this team chances in Europe.

But a catenaccio would be suicide also. Gotta press high up and try to score from a stolen ball - counter. With Morata this can actually happen.

Give them the ball and press them up. That's exactly what they will try to do.

If we hold the ball too much chances are we will get steamrolled. Pilro is the biggest liability righ now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)