[CL] JUVENTUS 1-3 Barcelona (June 6th, 2015) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So basically we need to not freeze, not concede early, and not end up with about 8 fit players on the field trying to chase around Dracula, Messi and the Pinoy tgirl.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,065
    Suarez ? if the game isnt going his way and we are making cynical uncarded fauls, he'll be trown off his game.
    Neymar isnt playing for brazil, he'll be very susceptible mentally

Messi ? He has a history of beeing trown off his game in the big clashes wich remained scoreless for a while, unless he got carried. Think Argentina where that organisation carried him. Think of the plenty times barcelona got eliminated and messi was nowere.

Messi's support used that be that goddamn amazing midfield. But Xavi is gone and Iniesta is past his prime in big games. Neymar and Suarez, arent as mentally tough.

If Barcelona doesnt score early, they'll face a juventus that wants it 50x more, and has confidence growing all over.

ANd you know what happens when the entire team is confident ? Pogba beeing magical. Good luck with that
    Good points :tup:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    FFS, we haven't lost a match by more than 1 goal this year. Not even Barca can say that as they got spanked 3-1 by Madrid.

And we are so damn underrated.
    :tup:

being underrated may actually help by taking the pressure off the players. we'll show our worth, we're not some sacrificial lambs' pussies

Aug 1, 2003
    I probably shared this story on the forum when it happened.

Last year I forfeited my tickets to watch Juve in Melbourne as they were also touring Singapore (closer to home.) Closer to the date, despite being a member and entering numerous competitions, I just could not seem to get my hands on the meet & greet and/or the training pass, which was frustrating because things have always gone my way whenever it involves these things with Juve. I sent close to 20 emails to them - how can they not give me the pass, who's a faithful, paying international member, who founded the Juve fan club in Malaysia, etc. etc?? It all seemed so goddamn unfair, and here I was watching other folks whom I know may not love Juve as much as I do, but they get to squeal about meeting the team.

To make matters worse, at about the same time, my grandma who lived with me fell sick. About a week after being hospitalized, she died. The anguish, anxiety, mixed feelings of being hopeful and defeated of staying with her throughout that one whole week in the hospital - of watching her pull through only to deteriorate again - was almost unbearable. As a matter of fact I was awake and watching her at 5am while the nurse did the suction when her blood pressure instantly went down and all of a sudden she died.

Two months later my elderly cat, as stupid as it may sound whom I love very very dearly, also passed. She too was deteriorating due to her kidney failure and was peeing all over my room as that's the only place she is comfortable in and is no longer mobile. I had bought her a huge cage after work to make it more efficient and comfortable to care for her to be put in my room, but just as I got home, literally 5 minutes after buying the cage, I came home to find my cat dying. As she lay dying in my room I wept next to her one whole night while her breaths grew slower. I went to sleep at midnight, and woke up at 2am, to find her dead. I cannot even describe how desolate I felt. Even today when I feel sad over the most remote things, I always think back to these two months, and the truth is grief is a real sneaky thing.

My point is if anyone had told me then, that after that shitty year, I would actually be going to Turin to watch a Juventus semi final against Madrid, and that we would have won 2 trophies and are in the running for the CL title - in the final - the goddamn CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final!! I wouldn't have been able to believe it. It is something so... unexpected, something that feels almost too great to happen, particularly after all the trials and tribulations we Juve fans had to face. I have been wanting the CL from the day I supported Juve at the age of 9, and it has not been forthcoming, so to finally get this opportunity again after Calciopoli, midtable finishes... it is so surreal. I feel like this is a story I could share with only this forum - to other people this season or being in the running for the treble - might seem like a small thing, "it's just football", but really, for people like you and I, it's not just that - it's a symbol of resurrection, determination... but most of all a symbol of HOPE ... that no matter what hell you go through - good days, however long it may take, will eventually come.

And for that, I will always be grateful for THIS particular season, THIS particular team, for mending these wounds. They have really done something for me. I don't care what happens come June 6th, I am just, really, eternally grateful for giving me this much joy this season, when I so badly needed it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Last year I forfeited my tickets to watch Juve in Melbourne as they were also touring Singapore (closer to home.) Closer to the date, despite being a member and entering numerous competitions, I just could not seem to get my hands on the meet & greet and/or the training pass, which was frustrating because things have always gone my way whenever it involves these things with Juve. I sent close to 20 emails to them - how can they not give me the pass, who's a faithful, paying international member, who founded the Juve fan club in Malaysia, etc. etc?? It all seemed so goddamn unfair, and here I was watching other folks whom I know may not love Juve as much as I do, but they get to squeal about meeting the team.

To make matters worse, at about the same time, my grandma who lived with me fell sick. About a week after being hospitalized, she died. The anguish, anxiety, mixed feelings of being hopeful and defeated of staying with her throughout that one whole week in the hospital - of watching her pull through only to deteriorate again - was almost unbearable. As a matter of fact I was awake and watching her at 5am while the nurse did the suction when her blood pressure instantly went down and all of a sudden she died.

Two months later my elderly cat, as stupid as it may sound whom I love very very dearly, also passed. She too was deteriorating due to her kidney failure and was peeing all over my room as that's the only place she is comfortable in and is no longer mobile. I had bought her a huge cage after work to make it more efficient and comfortable to care for her to be put in my room, but just as I got home, literally 5 minutes after buying the cage, I came home to find my cat dying. As she lay dying in my room I wept next to her one whole night while her breaths grew slower. I went to sleep at midnight, and woke up at 2am, to find her dead. I cannot even describe how desolate I felt. Even today when I feel sad over the most remote things, I always think back to these two months, and the truth is grief is a real sneaky thing.

My point is if anyone had told me then, that after that shitty year, I would actually be going to Turin to watch a Juventus semi final against Madrid, and that we would have won 2 trophies and are in the running for the CL title - in the final - the goddamn CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final!! I wouldn't have been able to believe it. It is something so... unexpected, something that feels almost too great to happen, particularly after all the trials and tribulations we Juve fans had to face. I have been wanting the CL from the day I supported Juve at the age of 9, and it has not been forthcoming, so to finally get this opportunity again after Calciopoli, midtable finishes... it is so surreal. I feel like this is a story I could share with only this forum - to other people this season or being in the running for the treble - might seem like a small thing, "it's just football", but really, for people like you and I, it's not just that - it's a symbol of resurrection, determination... but most of all a symbol of HOPE ... that no matter what hell you go through - good days, however long it may take, will eventually come.

And for that, I will always be grateful for THIS particular season, THIS particular team, for mending these wounds. They have really done something for me. I don't care what happens come June 6th, I am just, really, eternally grateful for giving me this much joy this season, when I so badly needed it.

Sorry about your cat. I know it's just a cat, but it does suck. Our cat (I never really liked the fucker) has kidney problems too. It's no fun.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    I understand what you're saying but the mentality of the team is very strong even when we do concede. Conte has still left that killer instinct in the squad, I felt it when we went behind against olympiacos/real. The boys never give up.
    This is something that characterised the Juventus Before Capello. They fought with teeth and nails till the very end.

In the Ranieri,Ferrara,DelNeri era...we needed just one goal against to go poop and hand over the match.

This current Juve team is made of warriors, that know they can recover after a heavy blow. And this will be the final... Barcelona will need more than a a goal to kill Juve. Thats a given.

My point is if anyone had told me then, that after that $#@!ty year, I would actually be going to Turin to watch a Juventus semi final against Madrid, and that we would have won 2 trophies and are in the running for the CL title - in the final - the goddamn CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final!! I wouldn't have been able to believe it. It is something so... unexpected, something that feels almost too great to happen, particularly after all the trials and tribulations we Juve fans had to face. I have been wanting the CL from the day I supported Juve at the age of 9, and it has not been forthcoming, so to finally get this opportunity again after Calciopoli, midtable finishes... it is so surreal. I feel like this is a story I could share with only this forum - to other people this season or being in the running for the treble - might seem like a small thing, "it's just football", but really, for people like you and I, it's not just that - it's a symbol of resurrection, determination... but most of all a symbol of HOPE ... that no matter what hell you go through - good days, however long it may take, will eventually come.

Sorry about ur cat. I lived somethign similar with an old dog we had years ago. But im hapy that Juve makes u feel better, and all of us :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)