[CL] Juventus 1-2 Benfica [September 14th, 2022] (12 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Matchday
It will be very tough but we have to win this one. I hope the last 20 minutes in Salernitana stick for longer this time

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I hope that later today it means that to us, but Benfica in portuguese means 'looks good'.

Almost all my friends and family support Benfica, let's win this one since we lost the last playoff we played with them.
I still remember it although I didnt care much since its the best loser cup and not the CL. I have no interest in seeing us winning the not good enough trophy.

Apr 9, 2015
Barbieri got selected

I think Allegri chose him instead of Mulazzi because of his experience in Serie C. He played as a starter last year for Juventus U23 / Next Gen and got 5 assists in that season. Mulazzi played in Primavera as a starter but pulled 7 goals and 8 assists. I rate Mulazzi better than Barbieri, but I think Juve will let him mature this year in Juventus U23/Next Gen.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
makes most sense imo, but we really need Kostic and especially Cuads to step up here.
Cuadrado is done at top level, his legs are gone and that was his main asset.
He still has a good cross in him but he cannot get into position to execute it because defenders know his legs are gone and simply stay closer to him without the risk of being overrun.
His defensive & marking skills were never there but he compensated that with the aforementioned speed and stamina.
A player that relies so heavily on speed needs to add another dimension to his game if he wishes to prolong his career long into his 30s. Cuadrado has failed to do so. Allegri attempted to redeploy him as a RB as many managers do with speedy wingers, but he just does not have the defensive qualities for that role.

At this point, I'd rather have Danilo there and Gatti in defence, but for that we need Di Maria or Chiesa fit to provide firepower up front.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Cuadrado is done at top level, his legs are gone and that was his main asset.
He still has a good cross in him but he cannot get into position to execute it because defenders know his legs are gone and simply stay closer to him without the risk of being overrun.
His defensive & marking skills were never there but he compensated that with the aforementioned speed and stamina.
A player that relies so heavily on speed needs to add another dimension to his game if he wishes to prolong his career long into his 30s. Cuadrado has failed to do so. Allegri attempted to redeploy him as a RB as many managers do with speedy wingers, but he just does not have the defensive qualities for that role.

At this point, I'd rather have Danilo there and Gatti in defence, but for that we need Di Maria or Chiesa fit to provide firepower up front.
he is frustrating as hell, but imo he can still give something extra in those CL nights, I would not completly write him off just yet, but yeah we have too look for new right winger/RM next mercato.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think the 3-5-2 should be abondened. It didnt work well since Cuad seems done and our defense is made of Bremer who is very good but Bonucci who past it and Danilo who is ok but isnt really great at defending.
Also isnt it too defensive for a home game?

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I think the 3-5-2 should be abondened. It didnt work well since Cuad seems done and our defense is made of Bremer who is very good but Bonucci who past it and Danilo who is ok but isnt really great at defending.
Just slap a shadow card on him and he'll be good.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't really know what choice we have

We could play a 4 4 2 or 4 3 3 with Cuads and Kostic on the wings but I feel like Milik must play

Danilo Bonucci Bremer De Sciglio

Cuadrado Miretti Paredes Kostic

Milik Vlahovic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)