[CL] Juventus 1-2 Benfica [September 14th, 2022] (8 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 2, 2005
My heart says 2-0, but my mind predicts a nerve-racking 1-1 draw, where we hang on for dear life at the culmination of proceedings.
we will score and then concede between min 45-65.. play conservative for 65-80
Balanced push for a goal 80-90 (50/50 chance of success)

Most logical result,
1- Historically (2006-2021) when we have similar group like this one
(Clearly better team, us, potential dark horse, weak team)
Our qualification hang on the balance for the last group stage game needing a draw or win

2- Allegri plays CL group phase based on calculations with cautios approach (drawing is not a bad result in his book)
Lose to PSG
Draw/Win to Benfica
Win to MH
Win to MH
Draw/win to Benfica (try better head to head result)
Draw/Win to PSG second team

This will get us 10 points for sure that is needed for the qualification..
Already Allegri said it in PSG press conf.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We cant really play conservative football - we have only PAredes, Miretti, McKennie and Fagioli available for the midfield, really no defensive sound midfielder. I wonder if Allegri will play both Fagioli and Miretti next to Paredes, would make most sense since McKennie is not really a midfielder.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
we will score and then concede between min 45-65.. play conservative for 65-80
Balanced push for a goal 80-90 (50/50 chance of success)

Most logical result,
1- Historically (2006-2021) when we have similar group like this one
(Clearly better team, us, potential dark horse, weak team)
Our qualification hang on the balance for the last group stage game needing a draw or win

2- Allegri plays CL group phase based on calculations with cautios approach (drawing is not a bad result in his book)
Lose to PSG
Draw/Win to Benfica
Win to MH
Win to MH
Draw/win to Benfica (try better head to head result)
Draw/Win to PSG second team

This will get us 10 points for sure that is needed for the qualification..
Already Allegri said it in PSG press conf.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Normally this would be an unacceptable approach. But considering how good Benfica has been, and the fact that PSG’s second team is still amazing, we’re just begging for failure.. so it’s even worse.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Benfica has faced FC Midtyjlland, Arouca, Casa Pia, Dynamo Kyiv, Boavista, Pacos de Ferreira, Vizela, Maccabi and Famalicao. I dont know names of like half of those teams. No wonder they have a winning streak playing that opposition, we are Europa League level team if we do anything else than stomp them on our ground.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Benfica has faced FC Midtyjlland, Arouca, Casa Pia, Dynamo Kyiv, Boavista, Pacos de Ferreira, Vizela, Maccabi and Famalicao. I dont know names of like half of those teams. No wonder they have a winning streak playing that opposition, we are Europa League level team if we do anything else than stomp them on our ground.
We actually are. We've faced Salernitana, Sampdoria, and Fiorentina and failed to register victories in any of those fixtures.

- - - Updated - - -

We cant really play conservative football - we have only PAredes, Miretti, McKennie and Fagioli available for the midfield, really no defensive sound midfielder. I wonder if Allegri will play both Fagioli and Miretti next to Paredes, would make most sense since McKennie is not really a midfielder.
That's what he should do tbh, but we know experience trumps all, so I suppose Fagioli might get 15 minutes if he's lucky. I hope Di Maria won't be needed for this.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I said once the group was announced to at we’d struggle to make it out, so I don’t see anything better than a draw here. I hope to be wrong but it is what it is. Still have awful memories of that 0-0 against these guys in the EL second leg semi-final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)