[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (3 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I agree. That's why all the talk about De Ligt and Umtiti and Koulibaly is just talk. None of these will even be approached.
Yeah, I don't think so either.
It's probably going to be one old(er) established player that some random team wants to get rid of (a Benatia type signing).
And then either one young promising guy or another stopgap solution (a Caceres type signing).

Going back to yesterday: my thoughts are with the people who spent €200 - €250 a ticket to attend last night's game.
While the club is probably thinking :seven:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Being Juventus fans is the hardest job on the planet and we don't even get paid for it.
23 years and counting.Well there is always next year.
At least winning scudetti and copas partially makes up for it.

Also when you have dybala trying to limit de Jong and not the other way around something is obviously wrong.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I don’t even get angry no more. Why have I changed??? Why!!? Someone please explain.
We get knocked out so many times that you just get used to it. This time round we went out deservedly so its not as bad as getting eliminated unfairly like last year against Madrid, where we played our hearts out and deserved to go through

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I don’t even get angry no more. Why have I changed??? Why!!? Someone please explain.
nothing is new!
as usual we spent the rest of the match defending and waiting for extra time like what we did against real,bayern in last sessions.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Keep the faith we still have Ronaldo

- - - Updated - - -

Max Allegri has reiterated that he is staying at Juventus, explaining ‘there’s still a lot of work’ for him to do in Turin.

Juve suffered a second successive Champions League exit at the quarter-final stage on Tuesday, going down 3-2 on aggregate to Ajax, but Allegri made it clear his side would dust themselves down and try again with him at the helm.

“Dybala had a problem with his quadriceps,” he said at a Press conference.

“Technically he didn’t have a great performance, but tactically he worked on De Jong, applying pressure.

“Kean gave us depth, but we freed up their game resources. Ajax have excellent players, play good football and aren’t a team of fools.

“They scored five goals against Real Madrid not by chance. It's not the worst elimination for us...

“It’s just an elimination: every season Juventus play for an objective. Sometimes you lose in the Final, others go out in the quarter-finals.

“The Champions League is strange: you have to arrive in the best condition. When you’re missing five or six players in the space of a few days like we have, it’s difficult to go on.

“I talked to the President a couple of days ago. I’ve already made my decision: I have a contract and I intend to stay. There’s still a lot of work to do.

“If I didn't have motivation, I would’ve told the President that I would be leaving at the end of the season.

“In these five years we’ve worked well: so many players have grown. We have young lads here.

“Winning Scudetti isn’t easy, two Champions League Finals aren’t easy. Everything seems easy: on Wednesday we’ll rest, accept the defeat and then prepare for Saturday.

“Going out in the quarter-finals mustn’t be a source of frustration, against a great team like Ajax: now we must prepare to win the Scudetto on Saturday.

“Winning isn’t simple: it consists of work and preparation. Then there are strong teams who are fighting to win too, but next season Juventus will have the same objectives.

“We can’t win everything: I understand the disappointment and bitterness. I feel it too, for the fans, club and players who had a good game against a great Ajax.

“Italian football will never be like Dutch football. Ajax went many years without these results.

“They have good players. Two years ago they reached the Europa League Final and it wasn’t by chance.

“They have a good system and a group of quick, technical players. They’re one of the best teams in Europe right now.”

Cristiano Ronaldo’s arrival last summer was seen as clear intent from the Bianconeri that they were going all out to win the Champions League…

“We signed him to increase our chances of winning the Champions League,” admitted the Coach.

“We’re sorry for not going through but Juventus, with Andrea Agnelli, Fabio Paratici, Pavel Nedved and Giuseppe Marotta before, have had a great decade.

“We’ve built a lot, the value of our players has risen a lot and you can’t think it’s easy to win the Champions League, otherwise it would mean not being clear-headed and in contact with reality.

“Everyone said, ‘Ronaldo’s come, the Champions League is won.’ It didn’t happen like that, now let’s put all this aside and think about next season, when Juventus will try to win everything, including the Champions League.

“There are also other teams. Not only Juventus win…”

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Fuck this! If Ajax a team with less than 10th of our budget can play like this and honestly we were lucky to lose only by 1 goal over these 2 games.. We can and should do it to.
I think I understand now why we arent winning CLs like Real - Its our mentality - Instead of just go at it and grab everything we go with the same style without a proper passing game and expect a result and then we come back and smile because we reached 4 CL QF in a row - Do you know how Barca call those CL QF?! failures! People are teasing Barca not able to go past the QF in recent years while we need to see it as a source of pride!

I want us to get a coach who says - I want to take Juve to be the best team ever and try to fix every position on the field to maximize potential as well as a proper game style.
Investments needed?! so... invest...
Joao Felix - I really hope he will be the real deal if we get him because I dont know if I can take another CL failure and yes everything but CL win is a failure for me after waiting for 23 years and still not get what we are after.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
you simply gave up after many delusions.
I knew we woudn't win anything seeing how we were playing in October-November.
We never looked brilliant beside 1-2 games
So I knew.
I was happy for 1-0 but when they scored and how they scored the equalizer I was 100% sure we were out as I coudn't imagine how we could score another 1-2 goals since we can't shoot toward the goal.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Fuck this! If Ajax a team with less than 10th of our budget can play like this and honestly we were lucky to lose only by 1 goal over these 2 games.. We can and should do it to.
I think I understand now why we arent winning CLs like Real - Its our mentality - Instead of just go at it and grab everything we go with the same style without a proper passing game and expect a result and then we come back and smile because we reached 4 CL QF in a row - Do you know how Barca call those CL QF?! failures! People are teasing Barca not able to go past the QF in recent years while we need to see it as a source of pride!

I want us to get a coach who says - I want to take Juve to be the best team ever and try to fix every position on the field to maximize potential as well as a proper game style.
Joao Felix - I really hope he will be the real deal if we get him because I dont know if I can take another CL failure and yes everything but CL win is a failure for me after waiting for 23 years and still not get what we are after.
exactly.1-2 was the best result for this shit performance. Ajax was simply the better side. we we got lucky. it should be 1-4 last nigh.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

You're right it's mentality the biggest problem.
Allegri is speculative to the end of the world.
He always think about the next game even during the game.
Players never goes mad or make fouls when needed cause you know they might miss the next game.
Players never give their 100% cause we have to save up for the following game.
So it's like their on sleeping drugs.
We have Ronaldo but we can't create any balls for him to exploit.
Look at goals scored with Atletico and Ajax.
4 headers and a penalty!
Atletico Juan Fran header
Atletico header on a corner/freekick dun remember
Altetico Penalty
Ajax header
Ajax header from a corner

we can blame anyone but whose fault is it if there is no plan to give playable balls for our strikers?

- - - Updated - - -

exactly.1-2 was the best result for this shit performance. Ajax was simply the better side. we we got lucky. it should be 1-4 last nigh.
yeah even the Amsterdam game we got lucky could've finished much worse than 1-1.
Speaking freely if the tie ended 8-2 nobody could complain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)