[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (15 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
He played 100 % defense. He had no intention of scoring, the primary objective was to destroy their game play. The times we pressed and got the ball back, we did absolutely nothing to score a goal. Apart from the goal we scored we did not even tickle them. Even after they equalized, we kept the same approach. Defending in Allegri's book might not mean sitting back, it means keep the ball and don't take risks. And this is exactly what we did.

How do you expect players to perform and not let you down when they are instructed not to play and take risks?
Dude I'm sure you think you make sense in your own way, but I don't. "Let's get the ball back from the other team and then lose it back to them" said no manager ever. We lost the ball so many times because our midfield is shite, and our only player usually pulling the strings (Berna) decided to play his worst match, was at fault in their first goal and never snapped out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Dude I'm sure you think you make sense in your own way, but I don't. "Let's get the ball back from the other team and then lose it back to them" said no manager ever. We lost the ball so many times because our midfield is shite, and our only player usually pulling the strings (Berna) decided to play his worst match, was at fault in their first goal and never snapped out of it.

Im sorry I dont train them, it’s actually Allegri and his stuff who trains them and should teach them how to pass. Do you think they send long balls to nobody because they like it or because they’ve been instructed to.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Im sorry I dont train them, it’s actually Allegri and his stuff who trains them and should teach them how to pass. Do you think they send long balls to nobody because they like it or because they’ve been instructed to.
The discussion was about allegri taking a defensive approach. Nobody can argue we played bad for almost the whole season.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The other day i was critizing Allegri for playing pussy tactics and I was hoping for a coach like PEP and guess what. I was banned from his thread. Man Pep loses sometimes but his teams always play great football. It’s okay to lose when you trying and playing good football. Juve have been trying to play pussy tactics since I remember and guess what this brought us? Disappointment.
We play pussy tactics every week against some of the worst teams in Serie A which in itself is a poor league.

What baffles me more than anything is that we are constantly grinding out results in 5th gear as a way of preserving energy we play slow boring football yet apparantly we run the shit out of the players in training and they are constantly either dead on their feet during games or injured.

How the fuck can our management explain that?

As I've said a million times we sound be trashing teams every other week with our team we should be able to play attacking football and still win the league easily.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
We need a new manager obviously. Suck Allegri bring anyone and we fly like we used to. We need a fearless manager who plays who he thinks can win for him. Juve can’t win with the like of Bonucci and Rugani. I really hate the way Rugani plays. He is a defender why he face his own goalie, face the opponents man who wanna head the ball that is how a defender should play. Bring Caldara back.

Fire:
Allegri

Hire:
Any one except Conte

Sell:
Bonucci
Rugani

Buy:
Koulibaly
De ligt

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We need a new manager obviously. Suck Allegri bring anyone and we fly like we used to. We need a fearless manager who plays who he thinks can win for him. Juve can’t win with the like of Bonucci and Rugani. I really hate the way Rugani plays. He is a defender why he face his own goalie, face the opponents man who wanna head the ball that is how a defender should play. Bring Caldara back.

Fire:
Allegri

Hire:
Any one except Conte

Sell:
Bonucci
Rugani

Buy:
Koulibaly
De ligt
You also have glaring holes in the midfield and attack.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Congratulations to Ajax for their amazing performance, they were the better side. De Ligt looks like he has a bright future ahead of him, Barcelona secured their future by signing him and De Jong.

I don’t know what to think of our team anymore, I don’t even have the desire to criticize or judge anyone. Allegri, well we all know he’s staying. Who else is better out there? You know it when you’re stuck with something or someone and that you can’t do any better because you’re out of options. No matter what the fans think, no matter what the newspapers write, it won’t effect our management, regarding the coach, the mercato, the medical staff, the mentality...

I am deeply saddened, not by the CL exit but rather by the way we’ve been playing in the last few years, especially this year, it’s just horrendous. What’s the point of investing in having the best player in the world, if you’re unable to surround him with young and/or confirmed talent? We played most of our cards wrong, sell Benatia and get Bonucci? Not only that, but keep Rugani and let go of Caldara. Making Pjanic the main piece in our midfield and letting go of one of the club legends. I’m sorry but I kept trying to have faith in Pjanic, only for him to end up disappointing on the big stage.

I don’t know where we’re headed from here. Ronaldo is 34, he is a winner and we’re at a crossroad, with many uncertainties surrounding the club. Nothing looks promising.

May 26, 2016
1: Chellini was a huge loss in this game.

2: De Sciglio, Emre Can, and Rugani......This players are simply not good enough for Juventus.

3: This match clearly showed how we put too much faith in Ronaldo and ignored the rest of our team's weak areas.

throughout this season, Our midfield has been absolutely shocking in terms of dictating play and controlling games. We often looked clueless against far worse teams than Ajax. This loss was due for some time tbh. lets not lie to ourselves.

We have had so many games where we, the fans, have been left with victories that felt very unconvincing and very bitter tasting this season.

A lot of them was saved on the line due to Ronaldo's brilliance and clutch. But even he has limits.

Im concerned for what direction our club will take after this, but some action is needed for sure. I hope we make the right adjustments and come back more like a true "Team" and less of a Ronaldo fanclub.

Forza Juve, Sempre

lvmnz

Jul 28, 2015
We sucked so bad after the 1-0. I can’t believe how poorly our pressing and positioning was, which was shown by all loose balls being collected by Ajax so easily.
I know we are not really on form this season however I would have expected at least some grinta at 1-1. We have only ourselves to blame for only wanting to play about 45 minutes in a 180 minutes game.
This. Just so baffling how lost we looked.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Not even pissed after this one, in fact I decided to go to sleep with 20mins left because in all honesty:
1- it was shit late
2- the team was not even trying
3- over two legs not only was Ajax the better team, but apart from CR7 no one really gave a toss
4- has got to be one of the worst if not the worse match juve has played with euromax. I think it's time for a change.... The pickle is who should take over? Mind you this is coming from an allegri fan but all good things have to come to an end.
5- midfield is a joke
6- I have a growing sense of dislike to Sandro and rugani clearly lacks game time and it shows.. I never felt confident with him in defence.

7 outside of cr7 not a single player scored in the knockout stages a very worrying and glaring indication of how overly dependant this set up is on one player.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Oct 23, 2011
I just looked up our seasons Champions League record

5 wins, 1 draw, and 4 defeats. Scored 14 (1.4 goals per game on average), and conceded 9.

What was the last time we had such an underwhelming campaign? Also, what was the last time we were so outclassed by an opponent in a knock-out stage? I'd have to go back to Bayern (12/13) and that was probably one of the best teams ever. Before that, we'd have to go back to the Capello era. We regressed badly. The club, management, coach, and players all have to take blame and I expect a massive overhaul this summer.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
I just looked up our seasons Champions League record

5 wins, 1 draw, and 4 defeats. Scored 14 (1.4 goals per game on average), and conceded 9.

What was the last time we had such an underwhelming campaign? Also, what was the last time we were so outclassed by an opponent in a knock-out stage? I'd have to go back to Bayern (12/13) and that was probably one of the best teams ever. Before that, we'd have to go back to the Capello era. We regressed badly. The club, management, coach, and players all have to take blame and I expect a massive overhaul this summer.
Every worse when some of those teams that beat us included young fucking boys and Mourhino lead dogshit man united at home.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You also have glaring holes in the midfield and attack.
In attack? Nah.

If anything we are way too top-heavy, with the team stacked up front, and no one to support them.

Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Dybala, Costa, Bernadeschi, Kean, Cuadrado. We have strikers, secondary strikers, wingers, CAMs all in there. A lot of versatile and excellent attackers.

But that matters little when our midfield can't support them worth a shit, and our defence shits the bed any time Chiellini isn't holding the hand of whoever his partner is.

Jan 22, 2016
Players like Cancelo comes here showing absolute fantastic class and suddenly becomes shit. Dybala the player who was a top quality is a shadow of himself.

Why our best players are either injured or awfully out of form?

Why Dybala doesn't have any chance to shoots anymore?
Why we are so shit at pressing opponents ??

Why even league's minor clubs can press the shit of us easily.?

Why we can't string 3 passes together?

Why Matuidi is the most advanced Mid in the system? He always on the same line with wingers and our CF.

These problems were so obvious and glaring all season against any kind of teams , and still our coach didn't do shit for it.
He has top 3 squad in the world and playing the most passive and uninspiring football in the world. He had fucking Ronaldo and we didn't make a single chance for him.

If Allegri has a bit of self respect he will leave at the end of season. His out dated football belongs to the past.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
There is absolutely no doubt that we were in need of a champion like Ronaldo to boost our brand and CL chances.

However, I'm just pondering if Beppe would've built a more competitive team if we weren't presented with the opportunity of signing Ronaldo but rather investing those money in improving other areas with 2 - 3 new players. In addition, I think Beppe didn't feel the need to sign Ronaldo cause we already splashed a lot od money on Higuain.

Nonetheless, we might go off topic with such discussion. :D
i think this was pretty clear from the beginning that the Ronaldo signing was primarily to build brand exposure. As awesome as he is, and he is awesome, one player doesn't win a CL no matter how clutch,.

In that respect the signing is probably well worth it but hopefully we can grab some CL success to build on it as well.

I don't think anyone can expect to win cup competitions (one bad game and you are out) but man it sure is dissapointing to feel like the season is already over and we have to wait five months to play CL football again :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)