[CL] JUVENTUS 1-2 Ajax [April 16th, 2019] (24 Viewers)

vote

• Szczesny

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • De Sciglio

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Bonucci

• Rugani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A. Sandro

• E. Can

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Pjanic

• Matuidi

• Bernardeschi

• Dybala

• Ronaldo

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Kean

• Cancelo

• Total voters

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Cross, cross, cross. Our one tactic apparently. So many times when we chase a game we lose all composure and tactics.

The lineup was disjointed. We had so much space down the right in the first half but didn't have the players to take advantage.

How many times have Dybala/Ronaldo/Berna been on the pitch together? How many times has Dybala played as a false 9 for us? You reap what you sow, if you don't try out formations/ personnel, you can't throw it together in your biggest game and expect it to work.

[)el Piero

Oct 27, 2004
been watching juve for long time
never saw us outplayed like this it was awful to watch they make us look like playing parma level
the one thing i`m sure of it is Pjanic need to go we can build our team on guy like this he will never stood up
and we should thank and Szczesny without him this will end up 4 or 5 for ajax

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well that was probably one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Juve side. And yes, Ajax are excellent, completely fearless, they had nothing to lose and mentally it's two different outlooks, but we simply cannot play like that at home against anyone. In a CL QF, come on now...

Firstly, Bonucci-Rugani should never see the light of day again. Two central defenders who have zero aggression, who don't want to make tackles, and Bonucci who cannot make a defensive header. His effort on the De Ligt goal should be entered into a coaching manual on how not to make a defensive header. He's pathetic, and I repeat again we'll never win the CL with this assclown in defence, he's a joke. The pair can be sold and I'd be happy, honestly. Chiellini looks like a god when you see the difference he makes.

Midfield ended up killing us badly in this game. Even with a top midfield we'd have struggled but I've seen teams half as good as Ajax cause us all sorts of problems. Press Juve hard and we tend to lose. Pjanic panics and then disappears, and he doesn't have athleticism to cover. Emre Can and Matuidi are just legs but they can't do any attacking without the ball.

Out of form players - Dybala, Cancelo, Mandzukic, Alex Sandro, and invariably you get an ineffective performance from Bernardeschi. You can't carry so many vital players.

I feel sorry for Ronaldo as he's a class above, but it all came together badly for us here. I think it'll be a real turning point and you'll see change. We looked stale and legless, and this was a team who had a week's rest, Ajax didn't have that. I expect Allegri will probably hand his notice in once the season is over and we'll let him go this time.

Unbelievably bad technical performance, any pressure and we just kicked the ball anywhere. That kind of footballing philosophy makes you look as stupid as we did tonight.

All in all a shit end to a shit day.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We suck.

Nothting else to comment. We're the biggest chokers in Europe.

Better luck next year. Not even Ronaldo could break the jinx.

Unless we fix the pussy mentality we'll never win it.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
We've played badly the entire season, it was always clear that we had glaring weaknesses in this side. It is what it is, and it would've been a lot to expect us to win it all this year with this in mind. We need a good summer mercato and then we'll see.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Where do we go from here?
A coach change will follow. Allegri invested himself 100% these last 5 years, put us back on the map, but failed to win the big ears, without any improvement in the last years. Now both him and the players are exhausted and a bit tired of each other. With a coach change, new players will come and we'll have to build a new team in the next 2 seasons.
Frankly, we were all getting bored with this Juve and I'm looking forward to the changes, even if they might cost us a scudetto.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Let's be honest, we are nowhere near good enough to win the CL.

The comeback in the last round papered over the cracks. But to be 1-0 in both legs and go out is shameful.
Maybe not. However I did think once the experienced players come back we would have had a better chance in the semi and final.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Get an attacking minded manager and spend 200 million on the midfield and defense.
What manager?

I'm not saying Allegri should one hundred percent stay, in fact I think he will leave, but who is available?

Non existent midfield makes things very hard, it is time for a change of approach though
We can't and won't win in Europe without better attacking play

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Check our CL campaign. good games? United victory for a miser 1-0 and Atletico comeback. That's it.
The rest was pure trashy never looked good.
I knew and was just depressed. I hoped we had some luck someway and scrap to the final.
Was doable. Simply Ajax was overhelming
Well I would add Valencia away, and Young Boys home too. But Luck only can get you so much.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We've played badly the entire season, it was always clear that we had glaring weaknesses in this side. It is what it is, and it would've been a lot to expect us to win it all this year with this in mind. We need a good summer mercato and then we'll see.
We have been playing badly since 2016/17 with glimpses of good football here and there.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
A coach change will follow. Allegri invested himself 100% these last 5 years, put us back on the map, but failed to win the big ears, without any improvement in the last years. Now both him and the players are exhausted and a bit tired of each other. With a coach change, new players will come and we'll have to build a new team in the next 2 seasons.
Frankly, we were all getting bored with this Juve and I'm looking forward to the changes, even if they might cost us a scudetto.
I think he will leave to be honest

The thing is with Ronaldo we need to win now otherwise we won't, I dont think we can afford wholesale changes and a 2 year rebuild

What coach would you like to see realistically?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
If we opt for a coach who brings nothing new then we'll see nothing new bar 2-4 months of aggressive Juve since players will fight for a starting spot.

For once I'd love a foreign coach if we're to bring somebody new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)