[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Valencia CF [November 27th, 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
May 26, 2016
Good win, but i feel there is a lot of work to do with the chemistry in this team, it still feels very much based on moments of brilliance of individuals rather than a collectively solid performance.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Good win, but i feel there is a lot of work to do with the chemistry in this team, it still feels very much based on moments of brilliance of individuals rather than a collectively solid performance.
Has been that way in the last 2 seasons, what make anyone think it would change? It would need a change of coach.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Much better performance this time. At least we still managed to push forward at 1-0 instead of going all defensive like we did against man u. Allegri got it right for once by putting on costa over barzagli.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Poor performance despite the win..
Now the question is: Young Boys - Do we play with most of our first team or do we rotate in a way that can give youngsters some playing time (1st place still isnt guaranteed although despite Valencia not able to qualify I cant see them losing to Utd on home turf..)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think the chemistry is fine. Valencia is tough to break down, and I liked how Juve took the more aggressive home side stance for the most part. Most of the shots were ours (15 v 3! And 7 vs 1 on goal). Yet at the same time, we needed only a point for this match... so I can see some of the reserve of that sitting with the team to ensure we weren't going for broke in this match.

Because of that setup, it's going to take some combinations -- but limited ones -- to score. And it will take more of a team approach to control the ball (56% possession, not great but given our midfield troubles...) and to defend. So I'm not sweating it yet. It was still a deserved and clear win.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
The team was exhausted by the end. Exactly why a loss to MU was such a disaster, and I don't wanna over-dramatize but could potentially cost us this entire season.

Oct 23, 2011
The team was exhausted by the end. Exactly why a loss to MU was such a disaster, and I don't wanna over-dramatize but could potentially cost us this entire season.
Totally correct. That's why I hated how people, coach and players downplayed or loss again Manchester. We would have secured first place right there and could have rested key players in the remaining games. To make it even worse, to not depend on the other result, we have to go out there in two weeks time and win that game as well. Under all circumstances we simply have to finish first to avoid those difficult matchups in the early rounds, because traditionally teams who ended up winning the whole thing didn't have the most difficult path to the final (except for Real last season but they shouldn't have even been there with all their luck against us and Bayern).

It was so unlike us the last 10 minutes or so to be all over the place. I liked our performance up to the goal (again), yes we were clumsy and sloppy, but our general play in possession was fine. However, to leave such gaps at the end of the game doesn't happen often, we usually soke up pressure and but leave little space in between lines. Yesterday, the gap between the lines was huge and this will be punished for that against better teams.

I still feel we have a long way to go to go all the way. I am hoping that Costa and Bernardeschi will regain fitness after the winter break as I believe they are fundamental to this team.

May 26, 2016
I think the chemistry is fine. Valencia is tough to break down, and I liked how Juve took the more aggressive home side stance for the most part. Most of the shots were ours (15 v 3! And 7 vs 1 on goal). Yet at the same time, we needed only a point for this match... so I can see some of the reserve of that sitting with the team to ensure we weren't going for broke in this match.

Because of that setup, it's going to take some combinations -- but limited ones -- to score. And it will take more of a team approach to control the ball (56% possession, not great but given our midfield troubles...) and to defend. So I'm not sweating it yet. It was still a deserved and clear win.
I guess you are right. Its very easy to be too negative when judging these things. That loss against man u really angered me, so i was expecting nothing less than a win, which we got, so i guess we should be content with it.

That being said, it would be really nice to see a stellar performance against a top team. I will not be totally convinced of us this year before we do that (if we manage to)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Once again. Please post full match download link. :help:

- - - Updated - - -

You better go and watch Juve - Napoli (Zaza's one) than the last night game
Don't tell me what to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

You must seriously love wasting time. Would rather piss chilli sauce then go through that again.
Juve is Juve. :boh: Btw, my mother cooks great chilli sauce. :D

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Yes which is why we really need to score 2 or 3 goals when we are high in energy in the first half. With CR7, we really are creating more chances. Just need to put these chances away.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I guess you are right. Its very easy to be too negative when judging these things. That loss against man u really angered me, so i was expecting nothing less than a win, which we got, so i guess we should be content with it.

That being said, it would be really nice to see a stellar performance against a top team. I will not be totally convinced of us this year before we do that (if we manage to)
Let's save our best performances for the knockout stages. :)

Otherwise, there's little honor being an Arsenal that blows out some podunk team from the Czech Republic 7-1, only to choke it against Inter.

Ah, Reddit is for troglodytes stuck pining away for an inferior Digg v1.0. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)