[CL] JUVENTUS 1-0 Monaco (April 14th, 2015) (47 Viewers)

MoM vs Monaco

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Licht

• Evra

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Vidal

• Pereyra

• Morata

• Tevez

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The Pirlo bashing is silly. He started poorly with some bad passes that put us under pressure but he's a big part of the reason we won that match. Sublime ball to Morata for the penalty.
The problem with Pirlo is that every time he has the ball there's a risk he will cost us the game. Sure he can also win us games, but I'm not certain I want this double edged sword.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Its whats fashionable here. Marchisio was worse.
Don't be ridiculous. Marchisio's pass to Tevez was brilliant and should have been an easy goal. He was also immense defensively, including covering for Pirlo at the back and tracking back to help the defence multiple times when Pirlo gave away the ball. Pirlo wasn't awful, but he was nowhere near as good as Marchisio tonight.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Jardim: "We dominated the first 20 minutes of the first half & first 20 minutes of the second. It was an injustice."

This guy serious?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The angle you posted doesn't show Carvalho's leg forcing Morata's left foot on his right ankle, and getting tripped, which is still a foul. There was definite contact, which is also why Carvalho loses his balance and falls down.
How the heck does anyone think Morata tripped himself? Why on earth did Carvalho fall then? Carvalho first ran into Morata's back and then tripped over Morata's feet taking both of them out. Clear as day foul, on goalscoring opportunity, and last man. Should have been red card.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I still can't understand how Tevez and Vidal lately missed that chances.Especially Tevez.Maybe he did not expect the ball.But still I can't believe .Tevez scores usually from far difficult situations.And that Morata voley.Gigi is still a magician.What a save.We played badly for the first 20 minutes ,they press us very high but after that we were better.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The problem with Pirlo is that every time he has the ball there's a risk he will cost us the game. Sure he can also win us games, but I'm not certain I want this double edged sword.
The problem with Pirlo is the game moves up and down the pitch while he stands still. So in order to involve him in the match we have to play at his pace.

He is non-existent on counter attacks. Its like if a fan came onto the field and tried to run with the players.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Leonardo Jardim said Monaco’s defeat to Juventus was “a grave injustice,” as the penalty foul was outside the box.

An Arturo Vidal spot-kick sealed the 1-0 result in the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final in Turin.

“This result is a grave injustice,” said the Monaco Coach.

“The penalty should not have been awarded. We had come here looking to get a better result than this. We will show another side to our game in the second leg.

“Unfortunately we were unable to finalise our opportunities, especially early on in the game, so we should’ve been more effective.

“I’m disappointed, as we played good football and this result did not reflect the match.”
:howler:

Seems too much of a Mourinho wannabe to me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)