[CL] JUVENTUS 0-0 Barcelona [November 22nd 2017] (15 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Its like a Premier League fanboy invasion in here.

I've said it before, in the last 20 years I've never seen Juve play so called 'pretty' football. Allegri's versions have been the most attacking in fact.

This club is all about winning, that is our philosophy.

You want pretty football, go watch Arsenal.
Good football and winning are directly correlated. Anyone who thinks that playing Allegri's style of football is the way forward is still stuck in the early 2000s.

We played far better football under Lippi. At least we didn't run out of gas after 30 minutes when playing against other top teams.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Good football and winning are directly correlated.
Plenty of types of good football exist. I'm guessing you have in mind Guardiola's but football is not limited to that. A team is successful if it is great and strong, nothing to do with the style. You're too obsessed with Napoli's kind of football which is not perfect either for them for example.

I'm also not implying we're playing good at the moment for the record.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017

pretty decent tactical analysis and explains why allegri used the subs he did

also a reminder that we dont play in isolation, there is another team on the pitch

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We lose the midfield battle against almost every good team. In this game, Barca essentially played with four midfielders (Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic, Paulinho) while Juve fielded two (Khedira and Pjanic). Meantime we had Matuidi, Marchisio and Bentancur on the bench.

We are always outnumbered in midfield, yet Allegri instructs our players to press high up the pitch early in the game. As a result, we run out of steam after 30 minutes because it's not possible to play at that intensity without having midfielders who hold the ball.

We ran out of steam against Bayern in 2016 and shipped 4 goals in the second half and extra time. We ran out of steam against Real in Cardiff and shipped 3 goals in the second half. We ran out of steam against Barca in Camp Nou and conceded 3 goals. This has became a signature problem of the team, and has nothing to do with our players being mentally weak (or whatever else we accuse them of). This is a fundamental problem in Allegri's tactics. We try to attack and press big teams without a proper midfield. Then we run out of breathe and bank in our own half until they inevitably score.

We played some good football in the final few minutes in the game against Barca, and would have won if not for a wondersave by Ter Stegen. We finally gained some control in midfield after Max subbed on Bentancur, Marchisio and Matuidi. Why didn't he start the game with a 3 or 4 man midfield? I was asking for a 3 man midfield just before the game. If we started Marchisio/Matuidi/Pjanic I genuinely think we could have won.

Here is my posts before the game:
http://www.juventuz.com/threads/433...er-22nd-2017?p=5640613&viewfull=1#post5640613

I called it, we needed more bodies in the midfield to compete with Barca. Then Allegri fields the same stupid midfield that got steamrolled in Cardiff. He doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Yes, the 2013 final was more closely contested than 2015 and 2017.

Robbed scored the winner in the 89th minute in Wembley. Allegri waved the white flag with 25 minutes to spare in Cardiff.
You know who did even better than klopp and actually won the Champions League beating the exact same team....Roberto di Matteo

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yes, the 2013 final was more closely contested than 2015 and 2017.

Robbed scored the winner in the 89th minute in Wembley. Allegri waved the white flag with 25 minutes to spare in Cardiff.
Agree about 2017 but we played quite good in 2015 - the problem was our opponent which was just too good and even then I cant say they completely controlled the game as we did have our say in this one..
If our 2017 performance was anything like 2015 we were talking now as European champions

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Agree about 2017 but we played quite good in 2015 - the problem was our opponent which was just too good and even then I cant say they completely controlled the game as we did have our say in this one..
If our 2017 performance was anything like 2015 we were talking now as European champions
yeah 2015 was close tied till the end when on our last effort on last second they went to score 3-1 4vs Buffon

Apr 19, 2007
We lose the midfield battle against almost every good team. In this game, Barca essentially played with four midfielders (Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic, Paulinho) while Juve fielded two (Khedira and Pjanic). Meantime we had Matuidi, Marchisio and Bentancur on the bench.

We are always outnumbered in midfield, yet Allegri instructs our players to press high up the pitch early in the game. As a result, we run out of steam after 30 minutes because it's not possible to play at that intensity without having midfielders who hold the ball.

We ran out of steam against Bayern in 2016 and shipped 4 goals in the second half and extra time. We ran out of steam against Real in Cardiff and shipped 3 goals in the second half. We ran out of steam against Barca in Camp Nou and conceded 3 goals. This has became a signature problem of the team, and has nothing to do with our players being mentally weak (or whatever else we accuse them of). This is a fundamental problem in Allegri's tactics. We try to attack and press big teams without a proper midfield. Then we run out of breathe and bank in our own half until they inevitably score.

We played some good football in the final few minutes in the game against Barca, and would have won if not for a wondersave by Ter Stegen. We finally gained some control in midfield after Max subbed on Bentancur, Marchisio and Matuidi. Why didn't he start the game with a 3 or 4 man midfield? I was asking for a 3 man midfield just before the game. If we started Marchisio/Matuidi/Pjanic I genuinely think we could have won.

Here is my posts before the game:
http://www.juventuz.com/threads/433...er-22nd-2017?p=5640613&viewfull=1#post5640613

I called it, we needed more bodies in the midfield to compete with Barca. Then Allegri fields the same stupid midfield that got steamrolled in Cardiff. He doesn't learn from his mistakes.
Did we not play similarly against Barca last year when we steam rolled them? Did you not learn from that? Would you have played a 4-3-3? With what wingers? You would throw Dybala out wide for the first time in a big CL match or would you bench him?

- - - Updated - - -

Did we not play similarly against Barca last year when we steam rolled them? Did you not learn from that? Would you have played a 4-3-3? With what wingers? You would throw Dybala out wide for the first time in a big CL match or would you bench him?
Max plays with Mand and Cuads bc they get back and into the midfield so essentially we can play a 4-5-1 if we need to but also are able to press high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)