CL Group (1 Viewer)

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
We are grouped with Feyenoord, Kiev... and gasp, Newcastle! Juve have been tipped to top the group, but who will go in with Juve?

I think Juve will win all their home games, and lose to Newcastle away, draw Feyenoord at Rotterdam and beat Kiev away.

Newcastle to go in with Juve, coz I support them :D

What do you peeps say?

Buy on AliExpress.com

malayou

Jul 26, 2002
Like it or not ..
if we play like last season ...
We will extremely struggle throughout the group ...
Attack some more OK ...
I think Lippi has the ingredient.

I Wish Hitler is Alive ... so that ....... | Attack till We Die ...

Jul 12, 2002
Easy group. Newcastle is a house of cards, they will crumble. Feyenord will be a struggle away, but we will dominate them in Turin. As for Kiev, they are wild-card, but not really that good.

OP
s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Newcastle is a house of cards, they will crumble.
    They play well on home ground, mind you. And if they are on form, Juve's defence will surely be no match to the pace of the Newcastle offence. I mean, no offence to our Juve defence, but our defenders aren't really the best in Europe. The key will be Buffon in defence.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    By The Evening Chronicle

Ian rush, the only player to wear the black and white shirts of both Newcastle United and Juventus, is backing his two former clubs to reach the group stages of the Champions' League, (writes ALAN OLIVER).

Not only did the legendary Liverpool goalscorer play for both United and Juve but he was on the bench when Kenny Dalglish's side took on Dynamo Kiev in both Champions' League games in 1997.

And with Kiev and Feyenoord making up the quartet of teams in the group, Rush said: "Juventus are still a quality side and in my view they are favourites to win the group.

"I still have friends in Turin who I speak to regularly and I was pleased when Juventus won the Italian League on the final day of last season.

"But I believe Newcastle will finish second and go through to the next stage with Juventus.

"Certainly, Newcastle could have had a lot tougher group.

"Sir Bobby Robson basically has a young squad and it will be a great experience for them. They will be relying on the likes of Alan Shearer and Gary Speed to see them through."

Rush, who has just returned from China where he has been coaching, is looking forward to watching United play Liverpool at his beloved Anfield on Monday night.

And if Rush is arguably the greatest goalscorer in Liverpool's history, things did not really happen for him at either Juventus or Newcastle.

However, he insisted: "Juventus was a good experience for me but the team played in a way that did not suit my style when I was there.

"And as far as Newcastle are concerned, I knew I was only going to stay there for the year while Alan Shearer was injured

"But it was fantastic to play in front of the Newcastle fans and I'm sure they can play a part in helping them into the next stage of the Champions' League."

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
    Imo, I don't think the group Juve got in is very difficult. But knowing how the italian clubs play in the CL, we will surely struggle a lot.

I think we will win all our home games apart from the Feyenoord game, which we will most likely draw. It's a great team and might be hard to beat. Away, I think we will either win or if we have some luck, win against Dinamo Kiev. It might be a lot harder against Newcastle, where a draw is the most probable result. Against Feyenoord we will probably loose, but with a great deal of luck and work we might end up with a draw.

But as I said, it's not a very difficult group, and if we finally start playing more like other great CL teams, we shouldn't have much problem with qualifing for the second group stage.

However, I doubt Juve will go any further than to the Quarter finals. So talking about winning the whole tournament as many claim is possible is to me just as a big, unrealistic dream.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
    They play well on home ground, mind you. And if they are on form, Juve's defence will surely be no match to the pace of the Newcastle offence. I mean, no offence to our Juve defence, but our defenders aren't really the best in Europe. The key will be Buffon in defence.
    You're saying that Newcastle's defense is better than ours? That's ridiculous.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Don't think he was comparing our defence to theirs, i think he was just trying to say our defence won't cope with their pace

OP
    s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #18
    You're saying that Newcastle's defense is better than ours? That's ridiculous.
    Of course not. I'm talking about Newcastle's attack. Look, they have fooken fast players. Bellamy, Dyer, Solano, Robert to name a few... even their subs are fast!

And St. James' Park is a tough test for Juve, although Barca beat Newcastle 3-0 there, it was only a friendly... who cares about friendlys? X_X

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    If we can slow Newcastle down with our aggressive play, we should be able to handle them.

Newcastle's defense is also inconsistent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)