[CL FINAL] JUVENTUS 1-4 Real Madrid [3rd June, 2017] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
:lol:

Come on now, guys, I understand you Juventini having a hard on for Vidal within the frame of a post-calciopoli Juventus, but this ... :D

You can't tell the story of futbal without Pirlo and what he has meant to and done for the game.
You can easily tell that story without mentioning Vidal and you wouldn't even skip a beat. No one bar a couple of older Juventini and some Chilenos would even remember who Vidal was within a couple of years of him retiring.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
:lol:

Come on now, guys, I understand you Juventini having a hard on for Vidal within the frame of a post-calciopoli Juventus, but this ... :D

You can't tell the story of futbal without Pirlo and what he has meant to and done for the game.
You can easily tell that story without mentioning Vidal and you wouldn't even skip a beat. No one bar a couple of older Juventini and some Chilenos would even remember who Vidal was within a couple of years of him retiring.
Vidal is the perfect modern midfielder. No, actually he's perfect modern footballer. Pirlo is dope too, but my bias towards Vidal is too strong

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Vidal is the perfect modern midfielder. No, actually he's perfect modern footballer. Pirlo is dope too, but my bias towards Vidal is too strong
Vidal has the potential to be a perfect midfielder, or rather 'had' consider his age. He's always had it. When Juve bought him, I told you guys that he had the potential to be a WC player and back then no one here even knew who he was.
But for lack of focus, lack of self-discipline or whatever, he never fully and truly lived up to that potential. He shows flashes of it now and then, but for the most part he has remained a broken promise.
Yes, he is still a very good player but he achieves that by coasting on his natural talent and potential, which I guess only makes one wonder what he could have become, if he had had the focus, discipline and determination necessary to turn all that potential of his into actual product.

Vidal had the potential to be a great player, a legend even. He had the potential to be better than say Nedved, to put in Juventini lingo. But when all is said and done, I don't think he would have reached the heights of even an Emerson or a Gilberto Silva because those two, while not as naturally talented as Vidal, were more consistent and reliable back in their heyday.

In the end, Vidal will be a player of "local" importance, 'local' as in limited to Juventini. Nothing more than that.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Vidal has the potential to be a perfect midfielder, or rather 'had' consider his age. He's always had it. When Juve bought him, I told you guys that he had the potential to be a WC player and back then no one here even knew who he was.
But for lack of focus, lack of self-discipline or whatever, he never fully and truly lived up to that potential. He shows flashes of it now and then, but for the most part he has remained a broken promise.
Yes, he is still a very good player but he achieves that by coasting on his natural talent and potential, which I guess only makes one wonder what he could have become, if he had had the focus, discipline and determination necessary to turn all that potential of his into actual product.

Vidal had the potential to be a great player, a legend even. He had the potential to be better than say Nedved, to put in Juventini lingo. But when all is said and done, I don't think he would have reached the heights of even an Emerson or a Gilberto Silva because those two, while not as naturally talented as Vidal, were more consistent and reliable back in their heyday.

In the end, Vidal will be a player of "local" importance, 'local' as in limited to Juventini. Nothing more than that.
Yep, unlike Nocerino.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
Can someone post some comparisons of total playing minutes of both Juve and Real key players in the entire season? This is not a WC/European cup year and our starting lineup was that tired?
If the numbers come out not much different then it could be because Zidane made the changes at half time and we had no answer. Our players were like: Hey Coach, we were trying to stick to your game plan but it's clearly not working. If not the tactics then the last possible cause was the mentality: some players didn't have the right mentality for finals. They were scared.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Can someone post some comparisons of total playing minutes of both Juve and Real key players in the entire season? This is not a WC/European cup year and our starting lineup was that tired?
If the numbers come out not much different then it could be because Zidane made the changes at half time and we had no answer. Our players were like: Hey Coach, we were trying to stick to your game plan but it's clearly not working. If not the tactics then the last possible cause was the mentality: some players didn't have the right mentality for finals.
Madrid uses 3 offensive positions. They have 8 players for that.

Juventus uses 4 offensive positions. They had 4 players for it.

Madrid has a perfectly good midfield. We have an awesome Pjanic. Recovering Marchisio. Filler. And dogpoo

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Madrid uses 3 offensive positions. They have 8 players for that.

Juventus uses 4 offensive positions. They had 4 players for it.

Madrid has a perfectly good midfield. We have an awesome Pjanic. Recovering Marchisio. Filler. And dogpoo
There is no comparison to be made.

When you put it in black and white like that Allegri would have needed a miracle to win the final.

We got the maximum out of our season as beating Madrid in the final was not impossible but we would have needed refs, luck and player performances all to go our way

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
People are blaming luck? :lol:

Ridiculous. We got utterly annihilated in the 2nd half. We looked worse than when Genoa was pummelling us in that memorable first half in December.

It's actually kind of amusing now that a few days have passed, because we played a fantastic first 35-40 minutes, and then just vanished, as though some crazy Inter fan was practicing the dark arts of voodoo on our players to stop us from achieving a treble...

Better explanation for that second half than luck, voodoo.
Don't you think it has to do with closing the match thread and re-opening it agaian after the Bologna game?

Invencible

Aug 31, 2009
I am really grateful that this forum exists otherwise I am not sure how I was going to survive this loss. It hurts really a lot. I visited the last home game against Crotone (for a first time I was watching Juve live) and it was all amazing. We were crowned, the atmosphere at the stadium was great and I could just feel it in the air...the determination to finally lift that cursed trophy. But no in the end we fucking lost it for a 5th time in a row! And the worst part is that I remember vividly all those finals, since I am Juve fan since late 1995. But guys I have this feeling that we will soon actually win it. And when we do it will win it again and again. We are supporting an amazing club which has a clear vision how to develop. I am looking forward to the transfer window and our behavour there will show if we really want to win the champions league any time soon, why not next season! I know it is difficult to keep our optimism but being a Juventino is a privilige and constant hope so we as fans should always believe.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I am really grateful that this forum exists otherwise I am not sure how I was going to survive this loss. It hurts really a lot. I visited the last home game against Crotone (for a first time I was watching Juve live) and it was all amazing. We were crowned, the atmosphere at the stadium was great and I could just feel it in the air...the determination to finally lift that cursed trophy. But no in the end we fucking lost it for a 5th time in a row! And the worst part is that I remember vividly all those finals, since I am Juve fan since late 1995. But guys I have this feeling that we will soon actually win it. And when we do it will win it again and again. We are supporting an amazing club which has a clear vision how to develop. I am looking forward to the transfer window and our behavour there will show if we really want to win the champions league any time soon, why not next season! I know it is difficult to keep our optimism but being a Juventino is a privilige and constant hope so we as fans should always believe.
Winning the Champions League is great and all, but I think the more important thing is to create a long term dynasty and to compete with the big boys. We are among the top 4 clubs in Europe now, something that I would never have dreamed of 4-5 years ago. I have no doubt that if we continue on this path, we will win the Champions League, sooner rather than later.

Invencible

Aug 31, 2009
Winning the Champions League is great and all, but I think the more important thing is to create a long term dynasty and to compete with the big boys. We are among the top 4 clubs in Europe now, something that I would never have dreamed of 4-5 years ago. I have no doubt that if we continue on this path, we will win the Champions League, sooner rather than later.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Creating a dynasty actually would automatically mean that we should win the CL and not only once.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
I am fuming. I am regretting it but I just watched the highlights of the game. FFS those Madrid goals are pathetic.

First goal: Dybala and Alves lose the ball like morons and on the counter attack Pjanic is jogging next to Kross like he was with his grandma on a Sunday afternoon. TAKE THE MOTHERFUCKER DOWN BEFORE HE CAN START THE BUILD UP!!! and give an earful to dybala and Alves for losing the ball like that.

Second goal: Weak ass clearance by Alex Sandro and Khedira runs to block Casemiro's shot. But instead of facing the ball and stopping the ball with his freaking face if necessary, the pretty boy decides to jump and turn mid air like a fucking ballerina.

We need a ruthless leader on the field that projects confidence on the team and makes everybody fight with their lives. We need a new captain. I love Gigi to death but he doesn't have what it takes to be this type of leader. Besides we need a onfield player that is barking like a mad dog all over the pitch. Him as a GK cannot be running around doing that.

Right now this team is a bunch of scared puppies, very talented I must say, that need an alpha dog to lead them in battle.

The professor Giorgio is a good candidate but he needs work a lot on his leadership abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)