[CL] FC Bayern Munich - Juventus FC (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Post-match interview

Capello keeps his head
Wednesday, 3 November 2004

Juventus FC coach Fabio Capello was quietly delighted with his team's resilience as they claimed a last-gasp winner against FC Bayern München. Alessandro Del Piero swept in after Oliver Kahn could only parry Zlatan Ibrahimovic's fierce shot, giving Juventus their fourth 1-0 win in four Group D games, and sealing first place and a knockout campaign. The result means Bayern still have work to do to progress, three points clear in second place ahead of the visit of Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC on 23 November, when Juve welcome AFC Ajax.

Fabio Capello, Juventus coach
In the first 20 minutes Bayern played at high speed and with determination. They created a lot of problems for us, but we did a good job. In the second half we played well and controlled the game, but Bayern certainly had more chances to score. In the last minute Ibrahimovic showed his talent and Del Piero proved what a great player he is. Makaay could also have been luckier with his last chance. The result between Maccabi and Ajax makes us confident. We are still in the lead and that makes us happy. We reached this position because the team is hard working.

Felix Magath, Bayern coach
We could use the same words as after the [Matchday 3 defeat] in Turin. We were strong in the beginning and should have scored at least once in the first period. But we did not, so we lost our self-confidence later in the game. Juve grew stronger in the second half, but we were perfectly capable of matching them. When it looked like a draw, Juventus scored in the last minute. We dealt very badly with a two against one situation outside the penalty area. Every player makes mistakes, Oliver Kahn and also Jens Lehmann for example. The defeat is not so dramatic, because of [Maccabi's win against Ajax] in Tel-Aviv. But we missed the chance to finish this first round as winner of the group. We still expect to reach the next round, we have it in our own hands in the next game against Maccabi. As for Andreas Görlitz, he suffered a heavy knee injury, and we will miss him for at least six months.

Michael Ballack, Bayern midfield player
It is always hard to concede a goal in the last minute. We have created a lot of chances, but were not able to score. Concentration weakens at the end of games, but that is no excuse. Before the goal Ibrahimovic fooled two opponents - that must not happen.

This time Capello did not make any substitutions. I thought there ought to be some players that r off-form, but he keeps all of them. I wonder y

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
can Olivera play on the right flank? I've only seen him on the left...
well he has impressed me very much.

Del Piero-Zalayeta

Kapo-Tacchi-Blasi-Olivera

Birndelli-Legro-Tudor-Pessotto

---Buffon (the one and only!)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Btw, when can i use an avatar? cant find any nfo bout that, sorri :)
FORZA JUVE, we will get full pot!

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
can Olivera play on the right flank? I've only seen him on the left...
well he has impressed me very much.

Del Piero-Zalayeta

Kapo-Tacchi-Blasi-Olivera

Birndelli-Legro-Tudor-Pessotto

---Buffon (the one and only!)
I think Olivera can play at any point in midfield IMO.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
Btw, when can i use an avatar? cant find any nfo bout that, sorri :)
FORZA JUVE, we will get full pot!
Or u can be like me, 20K posts without an avatar lol

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
its just spectacular!!! i was watching like a blurry streaming online and i thought that zlatan scored i was happppyyy and jumping, but then i saw makkay infront of buffon and then it stopped, i was soo releived that he didn't score.

Now to the match :

i have to say that although the team didn't play that well, but anyone has to hand it to them, u can't just come to munich and play offense, its just not possible.Even the toughest teams can't do that, capello's tactics were right. In the 1st game they were defensive and we won, and in this game we were defensive and we won.

I should thank the players for doing what the coach says, the whole of the 90mins.It just shows how professionals and commited these players are, just fantastic.

now to the players:
buffon-i just can't say a word that describes this guy!! Nothing, AM OUT OF SPEECH.

the defense- i think that they did a pretty good job, a wonderful job.Just think about it , these guys didn't have any rest(thuram,cana) zambro just got back from an injury so he can't be a 100%, pessoto didn't play two games in row since god knows when. ANd they faced a very determined,vicious,physical, german side that wants to score no matter what it takes.BUT thanx to them and the mighty BUFFON, they didn't .

midfield-defensively all the midfield players were hardworking cuz they almost shut down ballack and frings and hargreaves.so they did their job in a very good way, however offensively they didn't have the deep impact they have in the last matches.
camo had a very good game in offense and defense.
neddy- he had a quite match, but its alrite he had a couple of shots and cuzedd a very little disturbance to the midfield of bayern and their defense.

offense- akwardly, this line was very tough in this game.
zlatan- he did everything in the game , he caused soo much headaches for bayern defenders. very very good match, however he was in one-toomany offsides.overall very good match

alex- i know that everyone says that he had an average game and did nothing. well just think about it again.
he faced a very physical defense and midfield, that wanted to take his leg out every chance they had, and they did. he had some good runs,passes, even some flicks.Also he had to come down to midfield and get the ball cuz for most of the game neddy wasnt providing, which made it harder for him to produce, if neddy was more involved in the game then we would've seen a different alex. (why didn't alex take the freekick, and zlatan did:confused:)
most important of all, WHEN JUVEE NEEDED HIM ,he provided.

capello, very good thinking,strategy, good game control.

and p.s thanx alex for scoring against a blundder from kahn, u see am a fan of germany and i dont want him to be the keeper:fero:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
This match showed why capello is the best coach in the world , he is better than lippi by far , he wanted juve to play defence but with a fast attacking to make shure that bayern dont control the midfield.
Buffon was again ready when needed.
canavaro and thuram showed why we are know on top
zambrotta was not at his best after coming from injury.
camo was good as always in the past games , but i hope he cuts his hair , he is ugly:D
emerson , blasi were good to help the defence and sometimes the offensive.
nedved , dp were moving a lot .
ZLATAN : THIS IS THE FIRST MATCH IN WHICH HE WAS BRILLIANT
MAYBE AFTER HE MADE A SHORTCUT

FORZA JUVE:D

CAPELLO IS BRILLIANT
JUVE WILL GET THE SCUDETTO AND CL THIS SEASON

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++
oh my God, this Totti is really crazzy. He is stupid. He kicked Ramilow,
I dont know why the referee did not give his a red card , he was standing???????

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Bayern really got robbed by us...........DP is so awesome at being at the right place at the right time.......Forza il Capitano.....:D

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #677
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    Anyone watched those silly Romans?
    Check out the match photos. Did it look like anyone was watching? :D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

yes they are out:D
    Not yet. In group B, the other 3 teams still have 7 points while Roma has only 1. So Roma is still able to catch up.

Totti is getting dumber and dumber everyday, behaving like a child. But anyway he is facing suspension due to 2 yellow cards.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

yes they are out:D
    I did not watch them.

However, they are not out as yet. It is much funnier than that. :angel:

a. YES Roma is out of Champions, because with Real, Bayer L, and Dinamo K all at 7 points with two games to go, mathematically there is simply not the possibility for Roma to get second.:devil:

b. NO they could still qualify for reentering in UEFA Cup. Here the thing gets funny. For them to qualify, Real and Dinamo must loose both upcoming games, and Roma must win both upcoming games. OR Real and Bayer L. qualify, Roma wins all matches, Dinamo looses all, Roma should win the match against Dinamo in Ucraine with at least 4 goals difference. Finally. If Bayer and Dinamo go through, and Real and Roma end at 7, then Roma should win against Real with at least a 3 goal difference. :rofl:

c. Stadio Olimpico is still banned. Attendance yesterday was 150 (maximum allowed by UEFA regulations), 75 for Roma and 75 for Bayer L.

xziz :cheesy:

erado

Nov 2, 2004
    wow.. who was the lucky 150? does it include both teams and the management staff?

Coz 150ppl is just about nice for substitutes, coaches, journalists, ball pickers, medical and security personnel. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)