Quarter-finals, 2nd leg 12 & 13.04.2005

Semi-finals, 1st leg 26 & 27.04.2005

Semi-finals, 2nd leg 03 & 04.05.2005

Final (Istanbul, Turkey) 25.05.2005

Buy on AliExpress.com

TroGeee

Jun 3, 2003
Nedved: We can go all the way Wednesday 25 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Nedved claims that Juventus can now aim for the top of the European tree, but the club insists it doesn’t need any new buys.

“I really wanted to be here and to get this result,” said goalscorer Nedved after their confident 4-1 win in Sweden, “as to not qualify would mean throwing a season away. But we proved our worth here, as scoring four goals away isn’t easy.”

The Czech has not set foot on the field in a competitive match since the Euro 2004 semi-final, but bagged a decisive goal at Djurgarden.

“I didn’t expect to play almost the whole game, but after the first half-hour I had no problems at all.”

“There are many things that need to be worked on, especially as this was my first game in two months, but I believe this team can go far. Now that we have qualified for the tournament, I trust Juventus can reach the Champions’ League Final.”

Many believed that the Bianconeri’s transfer campaign has been stunted only so that they could await confirmation of their spot in Europe.

“I don’t think we need adjustments,” insisted director general Luciano Moggi, “as all the work we needed to do on the transfer market has been done. We may not be a super-star squad that can win every game, but we are a competitive side that can play against anyone.”

The Turin giants have mainly sold off star names this summer – such as Marco Di Vaio and Enzo Maresca – but reports continue to link them with Daniele Bonera, Massimo Oddo, Cesar and Marek Jankulovski.

“Many clubs have put themselves on the edge of bankruptcy, so we will work on what it is possible to do while still ensuring everyone gets paid at the end of the month.”

Moggi also laid into the doubters who claimed the entire club should be restructured after the dismal 2-2 first leg result.

“I was always relaxed, as we were well aware that we are better than the first leg performance. Only a few hundred doubters wanted to see Juventus fail, but today they saw what we are capable of – a convincing result and some great football.”

Juventus, Inter, Milan and Roma will go into the draw for the Champions’ League group phase on Thursday afternoon.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Oh man ! im more relieved than happy.

I was tense all day. I couldn't go more than 10 minutes without thinking about Juve's fate.

finally we are through. Congrats to all - especially the men in the middle - Trezeguet came good today as did Del Piero and Nedved.

Good to see Nedved score in his very first offical game this season.

From what i hear, Olivera played very well (?) ... if so... im elated . Hopefully Capello does what Lippi didn't - Give youngsters a chance.

Kapo played today so he is part of Juve's plans for the future as well.

With a few additions, this team can go a long way this season.

Lets enjoy the moment. worry about transfers later.

This day could have gone sooo wrong; but it didn't and im so thankful for that.

Forza Juve !

PS : the draw is tomorrow. can't wait to find out who we meet.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #904
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++

Blasi shoul get 7 too, he was great!
    btw, this is the Juve we want to see, with a lot of movements and good combinations in the attack :cheesy:
    Imo he did what was asked of him but not a whole lot apart from that. He's definitely better than Tacchinardi though. 6.5 is a more suitable rating.

May 28, 2004
    : We can go all the way Wednesday 25 August, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pavel Nedved claims that Juventus can now aim for the top of the European tree, but the club insists it doesn’t need any new buys.

“I really wanted to be here and to get this result,” said goalscorer Nedved after their confident 4-1 win in Sweden, “as to not qualify would mean throwing a season away. But we proved our worth here, as scoring four goals away isn’t easy.”

The Czech has not set foot on the field in a competitive match since the Euro 2004 semi-final, but bagged a decisive goal at Djurgarden.

“I didn’t expect to play almost the whole game, but after the first half-hour I had no problems at all.”

“There are many things that need to be worked on, especially as this was my first game in two months, but I believe this team can go far. Now that we have qualified for the tournament, I trust Juventus can reach the Champions’ League Final.”

Many believed that the Bianconeri’s transfer campaign has been stunted only so that they could await confirmation of their spot in Europe.

“I don’t think we need adjustments,” insisted director general Luciano Moggi, “as all the work we needed to do on the transfer market has been done. We may not be a super-star squad that can win every game, but we are a competitive side that can play against anyone.”

The Turin giants have mainly sold off star names this summer – such as Marco Di Vaio and Enzo Maresca – but reports continue to link them with Daniele Bonera, Massimo Oddo, Cesar and Marek Jankulovski.

“Many clubs have put themselves on the edge of bankruptcy, so we will work on what it is possible to do while still ensuring everyone gets paid at the end of the month.”

Moggi also laid into the doubters who claimed the entire club should be restructured after the dismal 2-2 first leg result.

“I was always relaxed, as we were well aware that we are better than the first leg performance. Only a few hundred doubters wanted to see Juventus fail, but today they saw what we are capable of – a convincing result and some great football.”

Juventus, Inter, Milan and Roma will go into the draw for the Champions’ League group phase on Thursday afternoon.

Channel4.com

Another Bluff?

Aug 26, 2003
    i am very happy that we now are in the CL! but to be honest we just have done our homeworks, we are Juventus and we played against an average Team!!!

but on the otherside there are always surprises in football and the difference btw small and big teams getting smaller, also we are not playing the Serie A yet!!

for me the team is strong, but i would like to see one defender and an attacker or a midlefielder!!

Forza Juve

looking forward to the drawing tomorrow

May 4, 2004
    Nedved: We can go all the way !

---
    OMG plzz moggi dont say that that means we aint gonna buy anyone !!!

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
    I want Oddo/CB and s.Inzaghi. We could give them Iuliano+Cash(not alot)

I want this after tonight:
    ------------------------------------Buffon
    ---------Oddo------Thuram---Zebina------Zambrotta
    --------Olivera-----Emerson------Blasi-----Nedved
    ----------------Del Piero---------Trezeguet

I don't want Jankulovski becaouse thi would probably mean Olivera wouldn't be a starter

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    IMO:

Buffon-6.5-confident like always.

Biri-6.5-very good till 75-80 minute,10 last minute was slow a bit,tired.

Thuram-7-Good job.

Montero-6.5-was less involted but his job fine.

Zambro-7.5-Bravo,attacking,defending,great,simply great.

Oli-7-This Biy has grown up,Welcome Rubben.he was amazing with an assist and a very good work on the right wing.

Blasi-7-fightinf for every ball!and won most of them.very good.

Emo-6-not the best of his games till now,but his good job calmly with some nice passes.

Neddy-7-Glad you back Neddy,we need you.goal+assist.amazing all the game and not stop running.

DP-7.5-Pure class,finally we saw again the good and almost like the old one,ALEX!
    Amazing goal+assits,super job on the left with Zambro and Neddy.MY MOM.

Trez-7-2 goals,and great to see him moving alot,not just standing there,very good job Trez,that's how we like you.

Zala-7-not played much,but had an assist for Trez's second goal,and looked sharp.

Great day!:cool:

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
    I want Oddo/CB and s.Inzaghi. We could give them Iuliano+Cash(not alot)

I want this after tonight:
    ------------------------------------Buffon
    ---------Oddo------Thuram---Zebina------Zambrotta
    --------Olivera-----Emerson------Blasi-----Nedved
    ----------------Del Piero---------Trezeguet

I don't want Jankulovski becaouse thi would probably mean Olivera wouldn't be a starter
    hmm imo we need cannavaro and oddo !

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    We don't need jankulovski. 1 good CB wud be great.maybe we can have probs in atack.but as long as trezeguet is not injured he will do great job alone ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)