CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

And he actually played a few matches last season. I never felt good about giving Abbiati such a difficult task.
Exactly. Pagliuca was one of the best performers in Serie A last season, Abbiati hardly even played.

++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

we are sitting back, trez hasnt got the pace for a counter attack, so zala is on to add pace and movement.
You want pace and movement so you opt for Zalayeta instead of Mutu? It's become quite clear to me that Cap favours the big men up top, that's why he brought on Zala. He wanted to add a few inches to the side, not pace or movement because Mutu is IMO faster than Zala and his off the ball runs are definitely better.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Vieira's first yellow card was undeserved at all, but the second one was deserved.

Capello should have made the substitutions earlier, Mutu or Del Piero would have been a much better options than Zalayeta as these players can help hold possession. Giannichedda for Camoranesi was a good choice to strengthen the defencein the rage they made.

Overall a good played game by our boys, we simply owned them in the first half, we looked shaggy in the beginning of the second but thanks to Zlatan we were able to create chances again and receive the freekick that lead to the first goal.

I am so much delighted on how we are dealing with counter attacks and it made us score a magiacal goal combined by Camoranesi and Trezeguet.

We conceded a goal that Buffon could save while blind-folded.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Exactly. Pagliuca was one of the best performers in Serie A last season, Abbiati hardly even played.

You want pace and movement so you opt for Zalayeta instead of Mutu? It's become quite clear to me that Cap favours the big men up top, that's why he brought on Zala. He wanted to add a few inches to the side, not pace or movement because Mutu is IMO faster than Zala and his off the ball runs are definitely better.
as i said before, mutu would have come on if i were cap, jus trying to explain capp's thinking.....and reletively speaking, Zala, in comrparison to trez has got pace and movement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)