CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (9 Viewers)

Gino Genesio

Nov 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gino Genesio ] ++

you are right.

trezeguet scored more than 100goals with champions leageu and italian cup togheter.

i also think its serie a his 99goals
no we were wrong !

trezeguet scored 99official goals so the next 1 is 100

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

it should be 100th serie a goal, not 100th goal with juventus, plz correct me if im wrong
your right i think....i will check but in the mean time...corrections were made...thanks alot:D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Moggi D'Messiah ] ++

Azzurri7, I love your confidence man, but we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground with this one. On paper we're suppose to win this one but in Europe anything is possible. I dont think Club Brugge will be much of a push over as people think. Whatever the performance, i just want to start the C.L campaign with 3points. & Bayern to drop points.:D
I agree....It's just that I'm a bit too excited....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
If Del Piero plays this game it'll be his 100th cap with Juventus in Europe

Del Piero 99
Tacchinardi 93
Scirea 87
Bettega 82
Conte 78
Furino 78
Pessotto 78
Ferrara 75
Causio 72
Zoff 72
Cabrini 70
Cuccureddu 70
:touched:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
If Del Piero plays this game it'll be his 100th cap with Juventus in Europe

Del Piero 99
Tacchinardi 93
Scirea 87
Bettega 82
Conte 78
Furino 78
Pessotto 78
Ferrara 75
Causio 72
Zoff 72
Cabrini 70
Cuccureddu 70

You mean only in the cl or in all competitions(CL,UEFA,INTERTOTO)?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Thats what I want to see....and I hope we wont depend on crosses and these things...Let us just open the game, play some nice football....

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Battered Brugge Look for Juve Defeat

Club Brugge KV coach Jan Ceulemans is hoping history repeats itself on Wednesday night when the Belgian title-holders open their UEFA Champions League Group A campaign against Italian counterparts Juventus FC at the Jan Breydel Stadion.

History lesson
In 1978, Club Brugge beat Juventus over two legs to reach the European Champion Clubs' Cup final. While the sides' fortunes have followed divergent paths since then, Ceulemans said his players can take an important lesson from the outcome. "They were great games," he said. "We need to remember that in football a big team can lose to a small team. We have to take that into tomorrow's game and hope we can do it again."

Tough start
It has been a testing start at Club Brugge for Ceulemans, who took over in the summer following Trond Sollied's departure. Captain and star midfielder Timmy Simons left for PSV Eindhoven while Norwegian striker Rune Lange, top scorer last term, was ruled out for up to six months after calf surgery.

Absence list
If anything, the injury problems have worsened, with Ceulemans being forced to use 22 players in five league matches so far. Goalkeeper Tomislav Butina and defender Michael Klukowski are the latest casualties in long list of absentees that includes suspended captain Gert Verheyen.

Balaban boost
Former Belgian international Ceulemans, however, had better news from the club's final training session. "Boško Balaban and Marek Špilár took a full part and should play tomorrow in my favoured 3-4-3 system. I don't think it's risky to line up like that against Juventus as all systems carry risk," the 48-year-old said.

Toe trouble
Croatian striker Balaban is playing through the pain barrier of two broken toes. Attacking support will be provided by Spanish forward Javier Portillo, on loan from Real Madrid CF, and a player Juventus coach Fabio Capello described as "very dangerous, particularly when he gets a sight of goal". The pair have played just one game together, a 2-1 weekend home win against K. Sint-Truidense VV in which Balaban scored twice.

Ceulemans concern
Juventus's attacking duo of David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic impressed Ceulemans as the Bianconeri defeated Empoli FC 4-0 away on Sunday. "They're both very strong strikers and we're going to have to restrict their chances. They're quick and technical and if they get on the ball they can beat their man. But they're all quality players. Every player knows his position and every single one plays for the team."

Capello changes
Capello's squad travelled to Belgium without injured French international defenders Lilian Thuram and Jonathan Zebina, while goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is a long-term absentee. The coach plans to make changes from the Empoli match, saying: "Federico Balzaretti will replace Gianluca Pessotto in defence and Gianluca Zambrotta will play a slightly different role."

Del Piero mission
Captain Alessandro Del Piero has recovered from injury and hopes to add a second Champions League winner's medal to that earned in 1996. "My morale is fine and I'm over the injury," the 30-year-old said. "I want to make the most of the situation and gain revenge, in a sense, for being knocked out in the quarter-finals last year."

Capello warning
Capello, though, warned his team against complacency. He said: "Brugge are not the biggest name but we'll see what happens. Maybe Brugge don't have big stars but the team as a whole is what counts."

source: uefa.com

Man it is now harder to quote news from UEFA nowadays, next time I would just provide the link.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Ha,ha,ha,ha:D....I'm starting to be worried about him,he didn't post it ,yet!!!:D
When he manages to post, let him end the thread.
Since we all miss him so much, it's his honour to end it :cool:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well i wonder wats the different rola for rambo ???
good to hear that balza is going to start as he had a good game against empoli hope he does good.

well abt the approach of brugge to the game, its just like mourinho said abt anderlecht they will wait for you to attack them then they will hit you on the break, they play very fast football.

so i think we shouldn't lose the ball easily in the offesive end of the field.Holding the ball in the midfield is the key for success in this game i guess.

forzaa juve

OP
Maher

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #158
    Capello Asks Juve To Be Careful
    9/14/2005 7:42:00 AM
    The coach of the Bianconeri is wary of the Belgian side.
    Fabio Capello commented Juve’s first match of the Champions League which will be tonight against Club Brugges.

“We need to be careful. The first match always presents some difficulty and it is fundamental to start well because winning would be a good step forward.

“Like all Belgian teams they are very well-organized, difficult to face. Bruges is strong in the aerial play because they have tall players and a good technical quality, therefore it is necessary to go on the pitch with a lot of humility.”

Capello did not give out a lot on the formation he will send on the pitch.

“I could make some changes or play Balzaretti, or Blasi again.”

edmund

Sep 13, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Gino Genesio ] ++

hey edmund!
    ben je van brugge zelf?
    ik ben van genk.
    en een grote supporter van Juventus .
    het was een droom om juventus te zien in belgie maar helaas was alles al bezet , en aan de brugge kant kon ik ook ni gaan want die tickets werden allemaal gekocht door abonees.
    ik hoop dat er morgen veel sfeer is en ja tis geen geheim als ik zeg dat ik graag heb dat Juventus wint ;)
    ciao
    Forza Juve!
    veel geluk in de jupilair leageu
    Yup...
    Ik ben inderdaad van Brugge zelf, wonend en werkend. Ik moet zeggen, de ploeg die me het meest aanspreekt in de Serie A is toch wel Juventus. Heb zelfs een truitje ervan, al zal ik die vanavond niet dragen ;)
    Ik zie er echt naar uit om spelers als Nedved en Cannavaro aan het werk te zien. Tja, die tickets vliegen nu eenmaal enorm snel de deur uit. Wie wil dit soort ploegen niet aan het werk zien. Ik denk dat de sfeer er goed zal inzitten, bij dit soort matchen hangt er sowieso een speciaal sfeertje!
    Als ik realistisch ben weet ik dat we niet te veel kunnnen rapen vanavond maar... er zijn al enkele grote ploegen gesneuveld in Jan Breydel dus je weet nooit. Al win ik liever van Bayern, zo'n rotploeg.

Dat de beste mag winnen hé vanavond en hopelijk zien we een mooie match! Ben jij supporter van Genk?

Grts en forza fcb :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)