CL: Club Brugge - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2003
good we won i think this was the most important thing to start well into the new CL season!
I think we played well, but lets not forget that we played against Brügge.

What makes me angry is that Viera got a red card, i think this kind of things should not happen to a player of his caliber eventhoug the first yellow was not deserved.

another thing is that, i think a class team like Juve should not be that nervous like they were in the last 5-10 minutes when Brügge scored.

And Capello i don't get it! why can't he bring on fresh players like Mutu or Del Piero.

anyway forza juve!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
Juve played a very good match today and the final score 2-1 might aswell of been 5-1 if Trezeguet and Zlatan would of scored on all their chances and if Brugges keeper wouldnt of been so fkkn good today.

He was easily man of the match in my opinion.

Zlatan was best Juve player.

The match was pretty much as i expected it too be, Juve controlling the match from minute one. First half was one of the ebst Juve performances in a long time. Too bad Zlatan didnt score his first CL goal in Juve but we have three points and a confidence boost for the team in the upcoming matches. Im satisfied with the way we played today.;)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Good we got the points. Just read the match report. Missed all the games. Had some meetings and then she wanted dinner. It was a no contest...

Forza Juve!

Aug 26, 2003
Capello admires Juve fireworks Wednesday 14 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello admits he thought the Bruges game was going to turn against Juventus despite aiming 23 shots on goal.

“This is football and we should have won by a mile,” said the Juve Coach after the 2-1 victory. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many scoring opportunities in a single Champions League game and we played fantastically well against a very determined side that will always cause you problems at home, but we were up to the task.”

Pavel Nedved’s free kick and a Trezeguet lob eventually earned the win, although Brugge goalkeeper Stijnen performed a series of extraordinary saves and a late goal set up a tense finale.

“Trezeguet had several chances in the first half and was kept out by a ‘keeper who was performing miracles, but the 100th goal eventually arrived. It became trickier after Patrick Vieira’s red card, which I think was harsh.”

Capello was without a host of star players, especially in defence, and experimented with Manuele Blasi at right-back instead of the expected Federico Balzaretti.

“Balzaretti became a father today and did not sleep well last night because his wife was in labour. He was very stressed, so it was best to leave him in the stands today. Blasi has been tested in that position a few times in training and it could be a good future role for him, or for other players. I won’t say more than that.”

As expected, Bayern Munich also won their match 1-0 away to Rapid Vienna, so the German giants and Juve lead Group A with three points each. It has been a promising start for the Serie A sides, who all won their opening games.

“This is the beginning of the tournament and there’s a long road to go, but the team is on form. I am glad that all four Italian clubs started with a win, as it’s great for our football.”

There was another good representation of Calcio in the Champions League this evening, as former Juventus star Fabrizio Miccoli scored a wonder goal to ensure Benfica beat Lille in the final minute of their game. The Portuguese side now leads Group D ahead of Manchester United and Villarreal.

“We knew Miccoli was a champion and that he would be able to make his mark,” noted director general Luciano Moggi. “He is still on loan, so if he returns to us then it’ll be as a star and if he stays with Benfica then it’ll be for more than we originally paid.”

so this explains why Balzaretti didn't play! anyway i think Blasi did a good job and also made some nice crosses in the offense!

Aug 26, 2003
Trez celebrates Juve Century Wednesday 14 September, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet scored the 100th official goal of his Juventus career and had a very special dedication to make.

“I must thank all my teammates over these six years at Juventus and those who stuck by me during my injuries, as everyone contributed to my 100 goals. Federico Balzaretti became a father today and we will all dedicate this victory to his new born daughter.”

The ex-Torino defender was left in the stands after the emotional stress of the event left him with a sleepless night, but the Bianconeri still won their opening Champions League game in Belgium thanks to Trezeguet’s goal.

“I am very happy with the overall team performance,” he said after the 2-1 win away to Club Brugge. “Our first half was extraordinary and the second a bit more difficult.”

Trezeguet was expected to leave Turin in the summer, but remained to become the 13th most prolific Juve player of all time and is now setting his sights on another record.

“Now I have achieved my Century, the next target is to beat Michel Platini’s record of 104 goals and become a piece of this great club’s history.”

The former Monaco man then picked out his favourite moments from this historic hundred for the Bianconeri.

“For what it represents, the most important goal was the one that essentially won the Scudetto against Milan last season. The most unforgettable was my goal against Real Madrid in the 2003 Champions League semi-final, especially as I was coming back from a long injury.”

Pavel Nedved scored the other goal in Belgium and praised his teammate for achieving this record.

“We created plenty of opportunities, especially in the first half, and I really liked the performance. It was important to start well and it wasn’t easy, as I have always had problems in Belgium. Trezeguet is the kind of forward who only needs half a chance to score, so I’m sure he’ll hit another Century for Juventus.”

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
Trez celebrates Juve Century Wednesday 14 September, 2005

David Trezeguet scored the 100th official goal of his Juventus career and had a very special dedication to make.

“I must thank all my teammates over these six years at Juventus and those who stuck by me during my injuries, as everyone contributed to my 100 goals. Federico Balzaretti became a father today and we will all dedicate this victory to his new born daughter.”

The ex-Torino defender was left in the stands after the emotional stress of the event left him with a sleepless night, but the Bianconeri still won their opening Champions League game in Belgium thanks to Trezeguet’s goal.

“I am very happy with the overall team performance,” he said after the 2-1 win away to Club Brugge. “Our first half was extraordinary and the second a bit more difficult.”

Trezeguet was expected to leave Turin in the summer, but remained to become the 13th most prolific Juve player of all time and is now setting his sights on another record.

“Now I have achieved my Century, the next target is to beat Michel Platini’s record of 104 goals and become a piece of this great club’s history.”

The former Monaco man then picked out his favourite moments from this historic hundred for the Bianconeri.

“For what it represents, the most important goal was the one that essentially won the Scudetto against Milan last season. The most unforgettable was my goal against Real Madrid in the 2003 Champions League semi-final, especially as I was coming back from a long injury.”

Pavel Nedved scored the other goal in Belgium and praised his teammate for achieving this record.

“We created plenty of opportunities, especially in the first half, and I really liked the performance. It was important to start well and it wasn’t easy, as I have always had problems in Belgium. Trezeguet is the kind of forward who only needs half a chance to score, so I’m sure he’ll hit another Century for Juventus.”
that's why he wasn't on the bench
congratulations !!!!
Juve players always were studds(spelling) ;)

and nice words by Treze congratulations to him too

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++

“Balzaretti became a father today and did not sleep well last night because his wife was in labour. He was very stressed, so it was best to leave him in the stands today. Blasi has been tested in that position a few times in training and it could be a good future role for him, or for other players. I won’t say more than that.”
We might see Del Piero as RB? :confused:

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
my ratings:

Abbiati- had to work once and screwed up very shaky- 5

Blasi- great he really should be a RB and not a midfielder good in defence and had good moves in attack- 7

Kovac- A+ no mistakes we have a replecmante for Thuram- 6.5

Cannavaro- like always- 6.5

Zambrotta- didn't do much had an ok game- 6

Camoranesi- amazing!! becoming one of the best there is im falling in love, great assist - 7

Emerson- didn't had an amzing game alright i guess- 5.5

Vieira- good game the red was totlly unjestified- 6

Nedved- true bianconero fighter great game nice goal luv the guy- 7

Zlatan- very nice moves amazing first half .. but he sometimes very annoying shots when he should pass and that miss on open goal i didnt like it he just stood there and waited sometimes he seem to not care- 7 though

Trezeguet- had millions of misses in first half but great had a beautiful goal 100 goals with Juve well done- 7

we should have won 7-1 easly

and missing Alex...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm happy we were able to grab 3points tonight.....

The team looked Solid...and we were controlling the game...However I'm glad Blasi was giving his chance to play...he did pretty good...

Still I can't understand Capello why in hell Mutu or Dp didn't took their chance when we were leading 0-2....!!!!!!

Another thing, I don't really feel comfortable seeing Abbiati playing...Tho I like him....

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
my ratings:

Amazing how just when you think he's continuing to be shaky, he saves our bacon in a game.

Shoryuken

Jan 7, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Tifoso ] ++
my ratings:

Abbiati- had to work once and screwed up very shaky- 5

Blasi- great he really should be a RB and not a midfielder good in defence and had good moves in attack- 7

Kovac- A+ no mistakes we have a replecmante for Thuram- 6.5

Cannavaro- like always- 6.5

Zambrotta- didn't do much had an ok game- 6

Camoranesi- amazing!! becoming one of the best there is im falling in love, great assist - 7

Emerson- didn't had an amzing game alright i guess- 5.5

Vieira- good game the red was totlly unjestified- 6

Zlatan- very nice moves amazing first half .. but he sometimes very annoying shots when he should pass and that miss on open goal i didnt like it he just stood there and waited sometimes he seem to not care- 7 though

Trezeguet- had millions of misses in first half but great had a beautiful goal 100 goals with Juve well done- 7

we should have won 7-1 easly

and missing Alex...

Good ratings although i think i would of given Zlatan a 7,5.
About the "seem to not care" comment. I actually think its the other way around and that he cared too much. Its called performance anxiety, its kind of like he froze up in front of the goal.
It happens sometimes when players get into a bad scoring streak.

Im sure he will loosen up though when he reads tomorrows newspapers:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)