[CL] Champions League 2014/15 (8 Viewers)

Who do you want us to face in 1/2?

• Barcelona

• Real Madrid

• Bayern

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I know that no teams has won the CL back to back , but has there been any player who has won it back to back ? If not and if we win morata would be the first to do so .

Jan 11, 2012
I found this comment on goal.com that I really liked.
"I'm gonna write an article here, lol.

HOW MUCH JUVE WILL MAKE FROM UCL THIS YEAR?

Juve made 65m when they were ousted by BM on 2012/13 QF. BM only made 55m by winning UCL that season. So, how much Juve will make IF they won UCL this year?? Juve made more money than BM on UCL thanks to their high share on TV market pool, which gave them 45m (on 2012/13). This season, however, Juve will get even higher because of the ill-fate of other Italian teams who couldn't make into knockout stage. Now, Juve could get as much as 60m from UCL TV rights alone. By being on the final, Juve already make another 29m (performance bonus) - and another 6m if they could win the final.

So, in total, Juve could rack up a whopping record of 95m euros from UCL this season!!!

Dybala to Juve is just waiting for formalities. Now, Juve already turn their sight on Cavani. Both are a significant upgrade on what they have right now on the front line. And, both transfers could be balanced by the UCL money alone. Lol.

WILL ITALY COEFFICIENT SURPASS BUNDESLIGA ANYTIME SOON?

This one is rather harder to answer. It will very much depend on how good Serie A teams will go next season. Next season will be their chance, it will be their momentum to turn the tide.

For past four years (before this season), Bundesliga had made distance by average 3 points per year (so it was 12 points distance by early this season). However, now Serie A already cut that distance by 3 points (9 points left). It seems still far away.. BUT..

Starting fresh next season, the 2010/11 coefficient wouldn't be accounted anymore. This will make another 4 points deduction, and only left 5 points distance with Bundesliga! So, if Serie A teams perform better again like this season, they could surpass Bundesliga by the end of 2017/18 season.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL

Right now Serie A have 10 points distance with EPL. And starting next season, the distance will be automatically cut into only 3.5 points!! (since the 2010/11 coefficient will be expired).

However, it will be harder to catch EPL, since next season they got the best European teams composition available. Chelsea, Man.City, Arsenal, & MU on UCL and Liverpool, Hotspur, & Southampton on EL. While on Bundesliga, it's only BM that remains a giant force to watch. The others are worthy dark horses.

As for Serie A, they will depend once again rely on Juve to go far on UCL. Imo, Lazio & Roma are both still not worthy contender for UCL. With all respect, Rudi Garcia also don't know how to face stronger side on UCL. I would prefer Napoli went to UCL instead of Roma (no offense to their fans). If Genoa is excluded from European competition, then Sampdoria & Inter would be Serie A aces to go far on EL next season."

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
So... I was just looking at something.

Everyone hates on Madrid for all their spending. But Madrid has actually sold quite a bit over the last 3 years, and done quite well with those sales....

Barca on the other hand has sold almost no one, and made peanuts on the sales they have made all while buying almost excessively as Madrid.

Real Madrid Last 3 years... 262 mil in sales --- 335.5 mil in purchases ---- Net Spend ----> 73.5 million Euros

Barcelona Last 3 years... 109.5 mil in sales --- 286 mil in purchases ----- Net Spend -----> 176.5 million Euros

Is our ridicule of expenditures misplaced? At least over the past few years? Barcelona is operating on an almost 60 mil yearly deficit in transfers over the past few years, as opposed to Madrid at about 25 mil yearly deficit.

So... Fuck Madrid... But fuck Barca too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)