[CL] Champions League 2014/15 (151 Viewers)

Who do you want us to face in 1/2?

• Barcelona

• Real Madrid

• Bayern

Results are only viewable after voting.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Watched both Monaco's games against Arsenal. For such a supposedly great def. Giroud missed 3 amazing chances in the first leg and they broke them down easily in the 2nd

So long as we dont do that stupid thing we do against serie a teams sometimes and madly over commit on an attack and let people run at us unchecked for 45 yards, we should be ok.
Exactly, Monaco's defence wasn't good at all, Arsenal fucked up. Juve could fuck up also, but I am not feeling so pessimistic atm.

Mar 30, 2006
Arsenal were really sloppy in the first leg. I hope we can stay solid defensively and play as a unit as we did against Dortmund. It will be hard to break down Monaco but we should not pour forward like Arsenal did then allow them to hit us on the counter because that is exactly what they want us to do. We need to be scrappy and solid then let our quality players do their thing without exposing ourselves too much.

I think it will be similar to the games we had with Atletico in the groupstages but hopefully with better results.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Also, to be fair to Monaco, when Giroud is missing open opportunities, your defense looks pretty good.

Tevez/Morata matchup for Monaco's defense is a different story. Tevez particularly, no surprise here, should be very effective against Monaco's defense. Going back and watching the two matches against Arsenal, Monaco's backline is very stagnant and slow to react. They played back and didn't deal with much creativity from Arsenal and still had several moments of ineptitude. I think Tevez's movement should be particularly key against this Monaco defense.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Monaco apparently got a 18k seater stadium. How much tickets can juventus get ?

Cause i'm pretty sure 2k juventini are gonna overshout those silent monaco fans all game long

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
We can't underestimate Monaco but we are the favorites and are expected to make the semi finals now. Fair or unfair it would be a disappointment if we can't defeat Monaco. I'm very optimistic and excited. This is a great opportunity.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Are we too arrogant, boys? tm.de forums are sure that Porto is better than Juve and that Juve-Monaco is 50/50. Given that Arsenal which is superior to Juve lost against Monaco...:gsol:

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
On the one hand we've got the 4th consecutive champion of Italy and on the other we've got the 4th team in France - yeah, sure, it looks like the odds are 50-50.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Odds are certainly in our favor, 60-40 at least. We simply have more quality in every area of the pitch. That being said we shouldn't underestimate Monaco and I hope that our players approach the game with the right mindset, as at this stage of the CL every team possesses enough quality to get favorable result, if the other side gets too complacent.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How is Monaco by any stretch as good as Juventus? The only thing that makes this match up even close is the Pogba injury, and the fact that in CL pretty much anything can happen.

If Monaco was in Serie A, they'd be down in the pack with Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli.

CL is different, so clearly, they could beat us. But clearly we are the stronger side. And it's not really that close.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Also, to be fair to Monaco, when Giroud is missing open opportunities, your defense looks pretty good.

Tevez/Morata matchup for Monaco's defense is a different story. Tevez particularly, no surprise here, should be very effective against Monaco's defense. Going back and watching the two matches against Arsenal, Monaco's backline is very stagnant and slow to react. They played back and didn't deal with much creativity from Arsenal and still had several moments of ineptitude. I think Tevez's movement should be particularly key against this Monaco defense.
Monaco's defense is power.they were playing a good tactical game, held on to defense, created chances and countered.holding defensive center mid, two players wide, and one in front of them.

hopefully 2-0 or 1-0 so that the 2nd leg in monaco we'll be able to hold them defensively.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Are we too arrogant, boys? tm.de forums are sure that Porto is better than Juve and that Juve-Monaco is 50/50. Given that Arsenal which is superior to Juve lost against Monaco...:gsol:
Celtic fans were happy they got us too 2 years ago.

sometimes fans don't know things. even ours can be stupid.

this wont be an easy game because Monaco wont just leave space like Dortmund. they are more like typical serie a team that sits and defends with 10 men. which is why pogba's absence will be missed. this is the kind of game a pogba long shot can decide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)