[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (13 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
The hell is going on in here?

"Juventus is a tough lot. A strong, tactically good and clever team. Again will be a challenge, but we want to successfully master the course!" ~Mario Gomez
Google translate from his Facebook.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Tough draw, but there was always a fair chance of that.

Not a team I'd say Juve are particularly well suited to playing. 3-5-2 against 4-2-3-1 is awkward and Bayern's main weakness is their CBs, but Juve may well not have the forwards to take advantage of that.

I'd look for Juve to sort of twist their shape towards 4-4-2 a little - like they did in the game away to Shakhtar.

That would involve Chiellini and Lichtsteiner playing more like fullbacks than they normally so, so that they can directly take on Muller and Ribery.

That would then leave Asamoah free to play higher up the pitch to take on Lahm and Barzagli and Bonucci to deal with Mandzukic.

Kroos v Pirlo is an awkward one. Kroos is a dangerous player, but he isn't going to close Pirlo down as well as certain others might, so you have to look for Pirlo to assert himself like he did against Kroos when Italy beat Germany in the summer.
I think the whole 352 vs 4231 tactical argument is different here considering the strengths of both sides. Robben will be doing his predictable thing of cutting inside from the right, where Marchisio and Chiellini will track. Whomever is out right for Bayern will cut inside towards Barzagli, so Vidal will be the one who will need to watch Kroos. That's not a bad matchup. Obviously, Bayern will have the possession, so I agree with whomever said that we can hit them on the counter. They will be funneled towards the center of the pitch where we are solid, so we'll need to keep our shape and hope the strikers are actively finding space.

It's a crap shoot draw, by far the most even of the quarters. Away goals will be the decider, or extra time. But I will stick with my previous post and say Bayern will go out this round.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Its nice to see bayern players and icons declaring respect for juventus and recognising our strong points.

Offcourse they'll say they'll believe in qualification, but its nice to see we became respected again.

Completely diffrent of the annoying brittish teams, or cuntcelona

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)