[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (6 Viewers)

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Am I the first Bayern fan here? :vinny:

Anyways, looking forward to two fantastic ties between two of Europe's biggest clubs. I know that both fans and the club greatly respect and admire Juve. It was said that at the beginning of the season when Javi and Schweini still had to get used to each other, Heynckes told them to take Pirlo and Vidal as an example. Heynckes is one of Juve's biggest fanboys and often praises their excellent defense and midfield.

I don't think that we're favorites tbh, as we haven't been that consistent in the Champions league. Juve surely will be our biggest test so far.
Welcome.

It will be an exciting tie, for sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
How's Bayerns defense been this year? I imagine their defense is not that stellar. Probably not the worst our mediocre attack could run into and not the best we've faced this year so far. Anyone know a little more about the ins and outs of their back line? Who do they start in the center? Badstuber and Dante?

I can't say I like the draw, but I don't hate it either. At this stage, you aren't gonna get an easy match up no matter who you land. I have confidence that we can pull a result away from them at the Allianz and advance with a victory at home.
their defence prior to playing arsenal was impressive but that was taking to account they hadn't conceded for so long in the league, however in the CL, Juventus have the best defence statistically and the 2nd best attack

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
yeah but we tend to play better from february onwards any ways because Conte puts the players through their paces during the winter break, hence why we always seem to have a dip in January only to reap the rewards towards the end of the season
Just like Lippi's Juve. Always had that fantastic finish of the season. He learned from the best.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How's Bayerns defense been this year? I imagine their defense is not that stellar. Probably not the worst our mediocre attack could run into and not the best we've faced this year so far. Anyone know a little more about the ins and outs of their back line? Who do they start in the center? Badstuber and Dante?
Statistically, their defence is great. In practice, it can be got at.

Juve have to be looking at the space Lahm leaves when he moves forward to try and get someone one-on-one with Van Buyten to expose how cumbersome he is. Bayern also conceded goals from corners in both games against Arsenal, so that's something else Juve can target.

Badstuber is injured and has been for ages. Dante is the main man, with either Van Buyten or Boateng playing with him. Mostly Van Buyten recently.

The problem is actually getting past Bayern's midfield to get at the defence. I don't think the defence is great is you can get by the midfield and really put pressure on them.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
my only real concern from a tactical point of view is that we'll have to set ourselves to play counter attacking football like we did against celtic, but i fear we lack the necessary pace going forward to punish bayern.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
What approach do you think we will take going into those games?

I think we will soak up the pressure well, I don't expect either team to dominate possession wise - it will be even. I don't think we'll play on the counter.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Am I the first Bayern fan here? :vinny:

Anyways, looking forward to two fantastic ties between two of Europe's biggest clubs. I know that both fans and the club greatly respect and admire Juve. It was said that at the beginning of the season when Javi and Schweini still had to get used to each other, Heynckes told them to take Pirlo and Vidal as an example. Heynckes is one of Juve's biggest fanboys and often praises their excellent defense and midfield.

I don't think that we're favorites tbh, as we haven't been that consistent in the Champions league. Juve surely will be our biggest test so far.
:hi:

Was thirty years ago today that Aberdeen beat Bayern 3-2. :)

- - - Updated - - -

@Red

What approach do you think we will take going into those games?
Cautious.

Expect a cagey game in Munich with neither team being prepared to take risks.

Patricho

Mar 15, 2013
Our defense has been outstanding in the league, but shaky in the CL. That has different reasons such as different line-ups, tougher opponents, etc. The difference to last year is that we defend as a unit, much like Dortmund does. We don't press as much as them but the whole team tracks back really fast when the ball is lost. That's why Klopp accused us of copying them like the Chinese :facepalm2:.
Martinez's suspension is a major blow as he is, next to Dante, the biggest reason for our defensive stability. Luiz Gustavo has been great before his injury but still hasn't regained his form. As someone rightly pointed out our fullbacks, Lahm and Alaba, are very offensive-minded which can be exploited by a great counter-attacking team.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Our defense has been outstanding in the league, but shaky in the CL. That has different reasons such as different line-ups, tougher opponents, etc. The difference to last year is that we defend as a unit, much like Dortmund does. We don't press as much as them but the whole team tracks back really fast when the ball is lost. That's why Klopp accused us of copying them like the Chinese :facepalm2:.
Martinez's suspension is a major blow as he is, next to Dante, the biggest reason for our defensive stability. Luiz Gustavo has been great before his injury but still hasn't regained his form. As someone rightly pointed out our fullbacks, Lahm and Alaba, are very offensive-minded which can be exploited by a great counter-attacking team.
Well you have nothing to worry about then :p.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I think the games are going to be very different than those in 04 and 05. More interesting hopefully. In 04 one of the Bulgarian commentators fell asleep during the game.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We have to beat these fucking nazis using their own medicine; work harder than them. And I believe our squad is equipped to do that.

Or as they would put it: ARBEIT MACHT FREI
Bayern actually suffered quite a bit under the Nazis.

Their president and coach at the time were Jewish and had to flee the country.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lichsteiner ,Vidal and Marchisio are on yellows.I think there's a good chance of seeing Licht and Vidal pickup a yellow in the 1st leg.If thats the case i would hope to see Caceres play at RWB instead of Padoin.(Pogba filling in for Vidal ofc).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)