[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (134 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
A cup has nothing to do with a league. And are you seriously comparing a shitty Milan team that needs refs to win league games, with the coming La Liga winners?
as i said it is out of our hands, the clubs can only do so much in europe but ultimately speaking it is down to the figc to modernise laws and evaluate the current infrastructure, the clubs themselves can only work within the limits set by the fa. The German FA have done and now its clubs are reaping the rewards especially from a commercial point of view and their structure of promoting youth development
I'm not comparing them at all. All I'm saying is that I don't understand why people here attack others when they are in support of "Italian" teams doing well in Europe to get coefficient points, indirectly helping us attract WC players.

We all know the FIGC is cancerous to this country, all I was trying to say was that just because I was hoping Milan beat Barcelona it does not mean I want them to win the CL or the Scudetto :p.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
For the first part of your post:
Bayern: They have Dortmund doing very well in the Champions League, Schalke just got knocked out. But the German league is clearly on the rise and becoming more attractive. Thankfully Lazio is at least taking care of Stuttgart.

PSG: Money we can only dream of, we all know this.

I don't think I even need to comment on the status of Barca and Real.

As for the second part, I don't want to be involved in that :p.
Even in the not too distant past when Bundesliga wasn't a "top league" Bayern could still get star players due to their prestige, being a European mainstay and most importantly, financial clout.

PSG, yes, so league strength not relevant once you can afford players. If we can't afford what PSG can, Milan doing well won't help that, it won't lower prices for us.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not comparing them at all. All I'm saying is that I don't understand why people here attack others when they are in support of "Italian" teams doing well in Europe to get coefficient points, indirectly helping us attract WC players.

We all know the FIGC is cancerous to this country, all I was trying to say was that just because I was hoping Milan beat Barcelona it does not mean I want them to win the CL or the Scudetto :p.
They usually don't attack the person, but Zach just keep going and going.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

yeah but that is typical fan culture amongst many, for example would you seriously expect a arsenal fan to cheer on spurs in europe because it would improve coefficient points? no of course not, in fact the arsenal fans i know were celebrating man utd's exit from the cl last week.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Perhaps milan wanted to show how much they changed since the beginning of the season, by playing like that again :tongue:

I wonder what impact this will have on their serie a campaign.

Jun 13, 2007
yeah but that is typical fan culture amongst many, for example would you seriously expect a arsenal fan to cheer on spurs in europe because it would improve coefficient points? no of course not, in fact the arsenal fans i know were celebrating man utd's exit from the cl last week.
Thing is, so were we a while back. Look, the coefficient talk only started because two things happened. 1) we now have 3 CL spots in the league instead of 4. Obviously, this is not good in terms of how attractive Serie A is. Great players will not want to join Juve because the league we play in less prestigious. They would rather join Arsenal, for example, because despite Juve being the better team, Arsenal plays in an overly hyped league with far more glamor and coverage.

2) since Serie A is nowhere close to where it was and with the majority of football fans turning their attention to Spain and England, Calcio is looking more of a second tier competition where even if Juve wins it, isn't that much of a big deal in the minds if most football fans.

The motivation to cheer Italian teams in Europe is clear. The objective us to gain back the respect that we have lost over the years. The other is to become more prestigious to attract more players, better players that is, and more money.

While I was happy to see Milan crash out so badly yesterday, I couldn't help but feel bad that now, I have to deal with idiotic glory hunting Barca fans celebrating, and further advancing the idea that Serie A is a shit league.

I read a lot of people argue around here about whether or not we should support our domestic rivals in Europe. Clearly, the answer isn't a yes or a no. It all comes down to one thing. Are you a person who loves Italian football more than you hate domestic rivals, or is it the other way around?

I hope the arguments stop, because quite frankly, they are rather silly and comparable to arguing about whether blue or red is the best color.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I love italian football more then i hate domestic rivals.

Go ahead, shoot me.

Funny thing is the people who mocked it, are those that will insult juve when playing bad while i keep supporting. Live thread is wonderfull for this.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
So we'll be getting more CL TV Money now as to what we would've originally got had Milan made it to the quarters.I'm thinking somewhere in the region of 30m or maybe even more.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I really hate Milan, but then watching Barca fans around me with quotes like "you can't read Barca style of play, viva tika-taka" etc is really making me sick...

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Indeed, becomming the meditteranian version of the scottish premier leauge is fantastic for juve

- - - Updated - - -

I really hate Milan, but then watching Barca fans around me with quotes like "you can't read Barca style of play, viva tika-taka" etc is really making me sick...
No man, milan losing must be better then that, right ?

ive seen 23 barcelona shirts so far today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)