[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (5 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's only a couple of years since they went to the Europa League Final, so they're bound to have amassed a decent amount of points.

Juve have pretty much done fuck all in the last few years.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
It's only a couple of years since they went to the Europa League Final, so they're bound to have amassed a decent amount of points.

Juve have pretty much done fuck all in the last few years.
:D

Still Braga? oh how far have we fallen...

Time to redeem ourselves this year.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, that's probably the end of Udinese's extraordinary run of the last few years anyway.

The lastest crop of players they've brought in don't look anything special and Guidolin won't go on much longer.

They'll gradually start heading back to their natural place in midtable over the next year or two, I'd imagine.

While I admire what they've managed to do, I can't really wish a team well who has no ambition to try and do anything - which is precisely why, towards the end of last season, I was hoping any one of Lazio, Inter and Napoli would manage to overtake Udinese and get the last CL spot.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Udinese are finished. :agree:

They're only bright talent right now is Muriel. Fabbrini and Benatia look good too. However, those players are nowhere near good enough to put the team on their back. I think Guidolin will be stepping down soon, especially after his comments tonight.

1. Juventus
2. Inter
3. Napoli
4. Lazio
5. Milan
6. Roma
7. Fiorentina
8. Udinese
9. Genoa
10. Catania
11. Cagliari
12. Torino
13. Chievo
14. Sampdoria
15. Bologna
16. Palermo
17. Atalanta
18. Parma
19. Pescara
20. Siena

My 2012/2013 Serie A table. :cronios:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well, that's probably the end of Udinese's extraordinary run of the last few years anyway.

The lastest crop of players they've brought in don't look anything special and Guidolin won't go on much longer.

They'll gradually start heading back to their natural place in midtable over the next year or two, I'd imagine.

While I admire what they've managed to do, I can't really wish a team well who has no ambition to try and do anything - which is precisely why, towards the end of last season, I was hoping any one of Lazio, Inter and Napoli would manage to overtake Udinese and get the last CL spot.
The CL spot was really theirs to lose in both these past two years tho. This one, they were obviously the better team but made dumb mistakes.

Last year, they could've beaten Arsenal had they been better organized, they played better imo.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Udinese would have been a solid team if they didn't sell all their players over the last couple years:

Di Natale - Sanchez
Armero --- Asamoah --- Pinzi --- Inler --- Isla
Domizzi - Danilo - Benatia
Handonivic​

However 5 of those players have been sold. Mostly the ones that can actually make a difference in a game.

I think they'd definitely would have been competitive in Serie A and would have for sure gotten to the group stages in CL.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Don't forget Zapata and Pepe.

---------- Post added 29.08.2012 at 02:58 ----------

I agree, although I don't want him to go to Milan.
Zapata :tup: I don't think Pepe would make it into that team. Maybe a super sub. :)

And if Guidolin ever went to Milan... :scared:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He'll make them play better but their players will still be shit. It's not like he'll have all the selections from Udinese's scouting program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)