[CL] Bayern Munich- Juventus (138 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Nedved played like a headless chicken. Not the first time either this season. At the start of the season I defended Nedved, but I fear I may have been wrong about him. He's become an inconsistant player now, who's over the hill. It should not come as a surprise though, as the signs were there last season and even 2 seasons ago. He still has plenty to offer us, ala vs inter. Though he should not be an untouchable regular, like he is at the moment.

Nedved's little antics are becoming annoying too. When he's frustrated, he does not hestitate to show it. He regularly lashes out against another player, with a harsh challenge. He did the same against Bayern. At the same time though, his fanaticism is where his strength as a player lies.

With a revitalised Mutu in the team, we have options. We do not have to depend on Nedved on the left flank anymore. Oh just how I wish, Capello would finally see this.
I'm glad you see at as well, Dominic. As you know I have witnessed the same thing over the last couple months, and even though I noticed the terrible play I still had hoped he would regain his form...unfortunately he has not really improved thus far. Until he does improve I must say we need to field Mutu because he poses a much greater threat at the moment. I'm just extremely worried that this might be the end for our Czech ace. :frown:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++

I'm glad you see at as well, Dominic. As you know I have witnessed the same thing over the last couple months, and even though I noticed the terrible play I still had hoped he would regain his form...unfortunately he has not really improved thus far. Until he does improve I must say we need to field Mutu because he poses a much greater threat at the moment. I'm just extremely worried that this might be the end for our Czech ace. :frown:
well i hate to think that too.For a long time now he was underperforming for long time by his standards.He let us down alot when we needed him.for all fairness to him he played some matches that were great i think.
Mutu should be integrated into the midfield more often so at least we have an option other than neddy.
Now he i dont think he is ready to take neddy's role/

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I sometimes look at these threads when I come home for weekends, and one starts to wonder: DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES?
It cannot be that way, surely. Many of you are gloryhunters rather than Juventini. How many of you would still be here if Juventus faced the destiny of Napoli or Fiorentina some years ago? Think about it.

My view of the game (were we even 10 people here that saw it? :confused:);
defence was weak, and especially Thuram. Abbiati has actually been better than I expected thus far, but eventually a horrible mistake was made (remember the flawless Gigi vs Atalanta last year :D).
Midfield was our weakest point tonight, ops I'm a bit late, and Gianni looked the most out of shape. And here's what y'all are missing:
the reason to why the attackers were not making an impact was the lack of useful balls delivered from midfield.

*Trezeguet was invisible, but people think 'hey it's Trez, only thing he's good for is scoring goals anyway'. Let's give him a 5.5 for doing nothing.
*Ibrahimovic was invisible (yes, he was invisible, he was not LOOSING EVERY F*** BALL DIRTY WORDS "€$€$%!!€!"#), and people go nuts - followed by other people having to defend him. Let's give him a 4 for doing nothing.
*Del Piero was invisible and it's the same situation as it is with Ibrahimovic (almost). People bash eachother.

You must realise Juventus aren't revolving around what's being said on Juventuz.com. I doubt they even know of it's existence.

Have a nice weekend, all true Juvi's.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by AtotheB ] ++

As long as Capello lives up to his reputation of stubborness though, its far from the end for our Czech Ace.

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,526
    ++ [ originally posted by Esteban ] ++
    I sometimes look at these threads when I come home for weekends, and one starts to wonder: DO YOU EVEN WATCH THE GAMES?
    It cannot be that way, surely. Many of you are gloryhunters rather than Juventini. How many of you would still be here if Juventus faced the destiny of Napoli or Fiorentina some years ago? Think about it.

My view of the game (were we even 10 people here that saw it? :confused:);
    defence was weak, and especially Thuram. Abbiati has actually been better than I expected thus far, but eventually a horrible mistake was made (remember the flawless Gigi vs Atalanta last year :D).
    Midfield was our weakest point tonight, ops I'm a bit late, and Gianni looked the most out of shape. And here's what y'all are missing:
    the reason to why the attackers were not making an impact was the lack of useful balls delivered from midfield.

*Trezeguet was invisible, but people think 'hey it's Trez, only thing he's good for is scoring goals anyway'. Let's give him a 5.5 for doing nothing.
    *Ibrahimovic was invisible (yes, he was invisible, he was not LOOSING EVERY F*** BALL DIRTY WORDS "€$€$%!!€!"#), and people go nuts - followed by other people having to defend him. Let's give him a 4 for doing nothing.
    *Del Piero was invisible and it's the same situation as it is with Ibrahimovic (almost). People bash eachother.

You must realise Juventus aren't revolving around what's being said on Juventuz.com. I doubt they even know of it's existence.

Have a nice weekend, all true Juvi's.
    :confused: what do you mean?

Apr 26, 2004
    After meeting and beating Club Brugge and Rapid Vienna, on Tuesday night Juventus will play against Bayern München, who top Champions League Group A alongside the Bianconeri. The set for the challenge will be the futuristic Allianz Arena and the protagonists will be two teams who are both first-ranked in their respective home championships.

On one side, Juventus, who have been able to win every single match played since the beginning of the season, winning six consecutive Serie A matches and earning two wins in Champions League, the away 2-1 against Brugge and the home 3-0 against Rapid Vienna. On the other side, Bayern München, who won by 1-0 the Champions League matches against Rapid and Brugge, and who are leading Bundesliga, alonside Werder Brema, with seven wins, one draw and one defeat.

In their histories rich in trophies and victories, Juventus and Bayern München have met only twice in official competitions, namely during last season’s Champions League. And it was Juventus who came out victorious in both occasions, first at the Delle Alpi thanks to a goal by Nedved and then in Munich thanks to a goal by Del Piero, resulted from a splendid action started by Ibrahimovic.

Apr 26, 2004
    3 Chiellini
    6 Kovac
    7 Pessotto
    8 Emerson
    9 Ibrahimovic
    10 Del Piero
    11 Nedved
    12 Chimenti
    14 Balzaretti
    16 Camoranesi
    17 Trezeguet
    18 Mutu
    19 Zambrotta
    20 Blasi
    21 Thuram
    22 Bonnefoi
    23 Giannichedda
    25 Zalayeta
    26 Gladstone
    28 Cannavaro
    32 Abbiati

Apr 26, 2004
    During the UEFA press conference, Fabio Capello talked about tomorrow night’s match: “It will be very important for the two clubs, who are both at full score, as for the ranking as well as for the future in Champions League. The two-time challenge can be fundamental, these are tough matches”.

Talking about their opponents, already met last year, the Bianconeri’s coach said: “This year’s Bayern are far more careful in defence, they conceded only five goals in the last few matches. They’re a more difficult team”German journalists informed him that Bayern lean a lot on the stadium factor this year. And Capello replied: “I don’t think that International players like ours can be any impressed. It’s unquestionable, though, that Bayern can feel more the fans’ support in a stadium like this that does not have the athletics track”.

The team’s conditions are excellent: “We feel good physically and mentally – Capello confirms. We’ve played well so far but this match cannot be compared to any other we’ve played lately”. As expected, he was asked about Kovac, who has been Bayern’s reference man until last year: “Regardless of the fact that he’s playing tomorrow, he’s a player that has been able to prove his worth in the few months spent at Juventus so far as an athlet as well as a man. It’s a very important player for us and he will be so in the future like he has been so far.”

Apr 26, 2004
    First halt of the season for the Bianconeri, beated by Bayern München in the third match of Champions League Group A. It ends 2-1 for the Germans with both goals scored in the first half. Juventus try to hit back in the second half but they can score only on 90’ minutes thanks to Ibrahimovic.
    The home side, Bayern München, gets yet dangerous after 3 minutes, when Lizarazu serves Santa Cruz who sends the ball high over the bar. On 10’ minutes, Abbiati saves a tricky free kick from Ballack, while on 20’ minutes it’s Thuram who saves Sagnol’s free kick. The first occasion for the Bianconeri arrives after 22 minutes: Trezeguet passes to Nedved but the Czech’s attempt on goal is too wide. On 26’ minutes, it’s danger on the Bianconeri’s side: Makaay’s free kick gets hit back, Demichelis tries to grab the ball but Abbiati clears. On 32’ minutes, the home side takes the lead thanks to Deisler, whose drive takes Abbiati by surprise bouncing on his legs and going straight onto goal (1-0). Capello’s side tries to fight back: Camoranesi serves Emerson with a free kick, but the resulting header from the Brazilian is countered by Kahn (34’). On 36’ minutes it’s still Camoranesi who puts the ball in for Ibrahimovic, but the latter is anticipated in the corner by Demichelis (35’). On 39’ minutes, Bayern double their score: following Deisler’s corner, Demichelis nods it in (2-0). In the last few minutes, another shot from Camoranesi, which ends high over the crossbar.

During the break, Capello replaces Blasi and Camoranesi with Chiellini and Del Piero. Compared to the first 45 minutes, the Bianconeri seem to be more lively. On 7’ minutes, Ibrahimovic tries to deflect the ball in front of the goal but it gets high over the bar. On 11’ minutes, Del Piero’s free kick is cleared by Kahn. On 13’ minutes, Bayern attack with Makaay, whose volley shot gets past the post. The Bianconeri react just a few seconds later: Nedved crosses to Trezeguet and his finish hits the outside of the net. On 20’ minutes, Capello replaces the Frenchman with Mutu. On 27’, Santa Cruz serves Schweinsteiger into the area but the latter’s shot is saved by Abbiati. After 33 minutes into the second half, Nedved crosses to the centre for Emerson, anticipated by Schweinsteinger in the corner. Del Piero shoots but the action vanishes. On 36’ minutes, it’s Makaay’s attempt on goal but the ball ends high over the bar. One minute later, Abbiati counters first Makaay’s shot then Ze Roberto’s. A great occasion for Juventus occurs on 42’ minutes when Emerson drives a fine right-footed shot but Kahn clears. Two minutes later and Capello reduces the disadvantage: Del Piero shoots it in, Emerson passes to Ibrahimovic who drives down in front of the net and nods the ball in (2-1). The last attack for the Bianconeri takes place in the extra time: Nedved hits a free kick from the left but Kahn saves. It ends 2-1. In two weeks’ time, Juventus and Bayern will meet again, at the Delle Alpi.

BAYERN MÜNCHEN- JUVENTUS 2-1
    GOALS: 32'fh Deisler, 39'fh Demichelis, 45'sh Ibrahimovic
    BAYERN MÜNCHEN: Kahn; Sagnol, Lucio, Ismael, Lizarazu (30'fh Schweinsteiger)
    ; Deisler, Demichelis, Zè Roberto, Ballack; Makaay, Santa Cruz (43'sh
    Scholl).Coach: Magath. Substitutes: Dreher, Scholl, Karimi, Pizarro,
    Jeremies, Ottl.
    JUVENTUS: Abbiati; Blasi (1'sh Chiellini), Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta;
    Camoranesi (1'sh Del Piero), Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Ibraimovich,
    Trezeguet (20'sh Mutu). Coach: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Pessotto,
    Kovac, Chiellini, Del Piero, Mutu, Zalayeta.
    REFEREE: Vasarras (GRE)
    YELLOW CARDS: 10'fh Giannichedda, 24'fh Thuram

Apr 26, 2004
    “We struggled in the first five minutes then the match became balanced, and it was them who had some trouble in getting near our goal. Then it happened that ball hit the referee and that started the action that led the home side to score and that tricky shot that misled Abbiati…”. Fabio Capello is serene about the Munich match, as it was resolved mostly by single episodes: “There are some nights when things go wrong. I’m sorry for Abbiati: on the first goal, the ball dipped quickly and he could not save it but he then performed some remarkable saves. On their 2-0 advantage, everything became easier for them, they’ve been good in the ball possession.” Maybe Juventus lacked a bit of aggression: “Yes, we suffered Bayern on a physical level, on the aggression level which is is usually our strength. We reacted towards the end but they were better in the air. We were lacking in responsiveness in some actions. We were not fresh and we couldn’t keep the continuity we’ve always had”.

Apr 26, 2004
    After the match against Bayern, today’s medical examination has not reported any remarkable situation, if excluded a bruise to Giannichedda’s left foot and a modest muscular fatigue to Thuram’s left abductor. The possibility for them to train will be analysed tomorrow.

Vieira has been following a different training schedule, with increasing intensity, since Monday and the response is good.

Apr 26, 2004
    Tuesday, November 1st

Juventus 11:00 training session at Sisport Centre

13:00 press conference at the press hall at Sisport Centre

Bayern München 13:00 press conference at the AC Hotel's "Banquet Hall"

18:00 training session at the Delle Alpi stadium

sutnevuJ

Aug 6, 2005
    I'm just hoping for a better performance all around.
    A win would be nice but to me a strong showing is more important.
    I hope all the fans pack the stadium and get behing our team.

One more piss poor performance and the fhit will hit the san..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)